VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Yep, same. I waited right around 90 min to get through to book our cabana earlier this month for our October trip. Speaker phone was my friend!
We are going in October as well and I was planning to call soon to ask about pricing. Do you mind sharing what prices you were quoted for a cabana in October? For us it's gonna be over Columbus Day weekend so I'm expecting the price to be up there. Thanks!

We are going in October as well and I was planning to call soon to ask about pricing. Do you mind sharing what prices you were quoted for a cabana in October? For us it's gonna be over Columbus Day weekend so I'm expecting the price to be up there. Thanks!
We booked an upper cabana for 10/28 - $224.99 + tax.

We booked an upper cabana for 10/28 - $224.99 + tax.
Oh wow that doesn't seem too bad (relatively), I got scared when I saw prices of $700+ for July which someone else posted about earlier on this thread. Hopefully early October prices would be similar. Definitely worth a call.

Oh wow that doesn't seem too bad (relatively), I got scared when I saw prices of $700+ for July which someone else posted about earlier on this thread. Hopefully early October prices would be similar. Definitely worth a call.
I was a bit nervous about pricing, too. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be $25 less than when we rented one over spring break.

I was a bit nervous about pricing, too. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be $25 less than when we rented one over spring break.
What is included with the cabana rental? Is an upper unit enough room for 4 people? I like to float the lazy river and hang out in cabanas drinking fruity alcohol at water parks.

What is included with the cabana rental? Is an upper unit enough room for 4 people? I like to float the lazy river and hang out in cabanas drinking fruity alcohol at water parks.
The regular cabanas accommodate up to 6 people. Any larger would need a family cabana. There were 4 of us in the spring and there was plenty of space for everyone.

You get a mini fridge stocked with bottled water, a safe, towels (otherwise you have to rent some or bring your own), an attendant to take food/drink orders, and a really nice fruit and pastry spread in the morning. There is also a tapu tapu station in the cabana so you can check in for the virtual lines without having to go to the slide entrance. This was a huge bonus for us as it was so incredibly convenient.

Trying to plan a bit for my long Labor Day weekend trip. I arrive the evening of Sept 3, so my park days are the 4th-8th (leaving at 7pm on the 8th). I have HHN tix for the 4th, so that’s definitely a Studios day.

My question: I have never been to Volcano Bay, so I want to dedicate a whole day, and probably also pop over randomly since I can hop with my AP. I’m going to spring for premium seating, so I need to decide on a dedicated day sooner rather than later—should I pick Sunday, Monday (Labor Day), or Tuesday as my day?

Editing to add: I decided to just go ahead and pick a day. I chose Sunday with the logic that I’d want a more relaxing day after the late night at HHN. I booked my premium seating with a cost of $63.89 with tax

Last edited:
I don't have time to go through this whole thread, so can anyone answer whether the following are allowed to be worn at VB, specifically whether they can be worn or carried on rides:

-hats/baseball cap
-sunglasses
-waterproof phone pouch worn around neck
-water shoes

I don't have time to go through this whole thread, so can anyone answer whether the following are allowed to be worn at VB, specifically whether they can be worn or carried on rides:

-hats/baseball cap
-sunglasses
-waterproof phone pouch worn around neck
-water shoes
Not sure about hats on slides. I suspect you can't wear them, you could probably hold them, or just leave them at the entrance.

As to shoes, from a UO representative in response to a trip advisor question - Thank you for your question. You are able to wear water shoes in the pools and rivers like Waturi Beach and TeAwa the Fearless River. However, footwear is not allowed on any of the tube attractions. For more detailed information we do have a Volcano Bay Rider's Guide available on our website. I hope you found this information helpful.

I usually wear flip flops and leave them at the ride entrance (there are racks at most)

I always have a clear hard plastic case for my ticket, room, key, etc around my neck and am sometimes asked to tuck it into my suit. If you plan on doing the trapdoor slides (or body slides? I don't do those) they might no be allowed.

I usually hold my sunglasses on the tube slides. I sometimes can wear them on the water coaster (water sprays in your face on parts of it), sometimes they tell me to take them off.

Last edited:
Not sure about hats on slides. I suspect you can't wear them, you could probably hold them, or just leave them at the entrance.

As to shoes, from a UO representative in response to a trip advisor question - Thank you for your question. You are able to wear water shoes in the pools and rivers like Waturi Beach and TeAwa the Fearless River. However, footwear is not allowed on any of the tube attractions. For more detailed information we do have a Volcano Bay Rider's Guide available on our website. I hope you found this information helpful.

I usually wear flip flops and leave them at the ride entrance (there are racks at most)

I always have a clear hard plastic case for my ticket, room, key, etc around my neck and am sometimes asked to tuck it into my suit. If you plan on doing the trapdoor slides (or body slides? I don't do those) they might no be allowed.

I usually hold my sunglasses on the tube slides. I sometimes can wear them on the water coaster (water sprays in your face on parts of it), sometimes they tell me to take them off.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I did just finish going over the Rider's Guide and they only show the "no footwear" sign on the body slides. All the slides where you sit in innertubea don't have the symbol, so that response isn't super clear.

I always wear a fitted rashguard over my swimsuit so I can easily tuck the phone case away if needed (I have done that at other water parks). It's a clear vinyl pouch, so very slim).

I have to wear sunglasses or a hat because I am prone to migraine and need to keep the bright sun out of my eyes. I can easily hold the hat around my wrist and the sunglasses in my hand when necessary. I've been to some water parks where they are super strict and won't allow you to even hold those types of items.

I do not plan on doing any of the high speed body slides.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I did just finish going over the Rider's Guide and they only show the "no footwear" sign on the body slides. All the slides where you sit in innertubea don't have the symbol, so that response isn't super clear.

I always wear a fitted rashguard over my swimsuit so I can easily tuck the phone case away if needed (I have done that at other water parks). It's a clear vinyl pouch, so very slim).

I have to wear sunglasses or a hat because I am prone to migraine and need to keep the bright sun out of my eyes. I can easily hold the hat around my wrist and the sunglasses in my hand when necessary. I've been to some water parks where they are super strict and won't allow you to even hold those types of items.

I do not plan on doing any of the high speed body slides.
I see the no footwear symbol on all the rides in the guide, including Taniwha tubes, Maku & Pulhi, Honu & Ika Moana, Krakatau, Punga racers, and Ono & ohyah. The guide I was looking at says version 2018.06, maybe you found a different one?

https://www.universalorlandoyouth.com/Pdf/volcano-bays-guide-for-rider-safety-and-accessibility.pdf
Have fun! I love VB and hope to go back in Oct.

I see the no footwear symbol on all the rides in the guide, including Taniwha tubes, Maku & Pulhi, Honu & Ika Moana, Krakatau, Punga racers, and Ono & ohyah. The guide I was looking at says version 2018.06, maybe you found a different one?

https://www.universalorlandoyouth.com/Pdf/volcano-bays-guide-for-rider-safety-and-accessibility.pdf
Have fun! I love VB and hope to go back in Oct.

I looked in the one in the app. It's version 2021.06. The VB rides start on page 78 of the guide. Several of the rides you mentioned do not have the no footwear symbol.

Just in case anyone else was looking at Cabanas in October, I just booked one for Sunday 10/10 for $249+tax. The rep said the price was the same for a single standalone unit, a lower level unit, or an upper level unit. I was under the impression that the upper level is usually more expensive but apparently for this date it was not.

How far in advance does a cabana or premium seating need to be booked? Going end of September and I don't have my VB day nailed down just yet.

We are planning our first Universal trip for this spring(yay!) and are planning a day at VB. I am not that big of a fan of water parks, but I know the kids would really enjoy it. So I’m hoping to make it enjoyable for everyone, including myself, so I would love to rent a cabana if possible. However, it will be spring break and I’m assuming prices will be crazy. Do they get more expensive the closer you get to the date or is it a set price based on time of year?

How far in advance does a cabana or premium seating need to be booked? Going end of September and I don't have my VB day nailed down just yet.

I haven't been before so I'm not exactly sure, all I've read is book them "as soon as possible" i.e. as soon as you have your tickets and have your dates nailed down. For what it's worth, when I called earlier this week to book for October 10 (which is a Sunday and a holiday weekend with Monday being Columbus Day), my impression from speaking with the team member is that availability was wide open as they offered me to choose from any of the cabana types (single, upper, lower). I think late September is not a very busy time so I think you should still have quite a bit of time before they are at risk of selling out, especially if going on a weekday.

We are planning our first Universal trip for this spring(yay!) and are planning a day at VB. I am not that big of a fan of water parks, but I know the kids would really enjoy it. So I’m hoping to make it enjoyable for everyone, including myself, so I would love to rent a cabana if possible. However, it will be spring break and I’m assuming prices will be crazy. Do they get more expensive the closer you get to the date or is it a set price based on time of year?
I believe that, yes, the cabana prices do increase as they begin to sell out. We went this year during spring break (early April) and I want to say we paid around $250+tax for an upper cabana on a Wednesday. So, not as terrible as I would have imagined. I booked it in early January.

For our fall trip this year, we’re planning a VB day on 10/28 and I booked our cabana last month. I would recommend purchasing as early as you can afford to.

I believe that, yes, the cabana prices do increase as they begin to sell out. We went this year during spring break (early April) and I want to say we paid around $250+tax for an upper cabana on a Wednesday. So, not as terrible as I would have imagined. I booked it in early January.

For our fall trip this year, we’re planning a VB day on 10/28 and I booked our cabana last month. I would recommend purchasing as early as you can afford to.
Thank you! $250 is not bad at all. I would say upwards of $300-350 would probably be our max, so I will have to look into it. Did you find it worth the cost? The idea of having a "homebase" that includes some shade really sounds nice.

Thank you! $250 is not bad at all. I would say upwards of $300-350 would probably be our max, so I will have to look into it. Did you find it worth the cost? The idea of having a "homebase" that includes some shade really sounds nice.
Having a cabana at a waterpark is game changing imo. It just makes the day so much more relaxing.
We have never been to volcano bay. If you book a cabana is it non refundable ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter