VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Has anyone done the premium seating recently? I had a member on another board tell me not to go to concierge. She said premium seating has their own sign in at premium seating. She just went in the last week or two.
I must have bought premium just before a rate increase. We’re going 6/3 for $89.99.

I think you go to the stand at the front of the premium lounger area. It's behind the bar near the front of the park.

I think you go to the stand at the front of the premium lounger area. It's behind the bar near the front of the park.
Yes it is there right by premium seating. We went Mother’s Day weekend. If you have a choice, get a lounger close(ish) to a path. That sand is sooooo hot!!!

Yes it is there right by premium seating. We went Mother’s Day weekend. If you have a choice, get a lounger close(ish) to a path. That sand is sooooo hot!!!

I just wear flip flops in the whole park. The first weekend they opened, the pavement was so hot that I burned a blister on the bottom of my foot. I just put my shoes near the entrance to the attractions.

Thank you! I would have stood in the wrong line. Looking forward to our first visit to volcano bay!

Going toward the end of June for a day...

Where is everyone's favorite free seating? I'd like to know where to head at park opening to get a good spot (umbrella/shade, nice view, maybe not RIGHT in the thick of everything). It's just me and my sister (both adults). I'm looking to relax, and she's looking to ride.

So I just called to check our dates for the heck of it. July 7-12th, the weekdays are $796 and weekends like $825. Even the preferred chairs are $180! Needless to say that was a HARD NOPE to both of those lol. Guess we're packing light and stuffing stuff in a locker.

Yikes! We got an upper cabana for late August--granted, midweek--for $425. Even that felt like a lot to me, as we had had to move our dates around and were originally going to VB in early September, when we would have been able to get one for $250.

Just had a glorious day at Volcano Bay! Walked right in for early entry at 8am. Went straight to premium seating and within 5 minutes we were off for some rides! I did like our premium seating. The lockbox by the chair for our phones was great but avoiding the huge lines for food was amazing. They had us place a mobile order for food/drinks and it was delivered to our chair in 15 minutes. Great day! Will definitely return if the chance arrives.

So we'll be at USO this Sat, Sun and Mon. It will be our first visit to VB. Is it a bad idea to go to VB on Sat which will also be the hottest day? We are staying at Cabana Bay and can get in early but how early should we be lined up?

I'm thinking we get the most popular ones out of way immediately then tap in for whatever we need to and enjoy the lazy River and wave pool until a little after lunch and then head out? What time does it get super packed on a Saturday?

Going toward the end of June for a day...

Where is everyone's favorite free seating? I'd like to know where to head at park opening to get a good spot (umbrella/shade, nice view, maybe not RIGHT in the thick of everything). It's just me and my sister (both adults). I'm looking to relax, and she's looking to ride.
I usually head to the right on the main beach area, in front of the Dancing Dragons Boat Bar. There are several quieter pockets of chairs if you look at the map, but I prefer this location, close to lockers, restrooms, and food, and proximity to rum punch!

Just had a glorious day at Volcano Bay! Walked right in for early entry at 8am. Went straight to premium seating and within 5 minutes we were off for some rides! I did like our premium seating. The lockbox by the chair for our phones was great but avoiding the huge lines for food was amazing. They had us place a mobile order for food/drinks and it was delivered to our chair in 15 minutes. Great day! Will definitely return if the chance arrives.
Thanks for the report, we'll be there on Sunday and reserved the premium seating.

Called for pricing for our trip next week and premium was $189! I can’t stomach that pricing. If anyone has recommendations for free seating and locker locations, that would be awesome! We will try to get food at odd times to avoid lines.

Called for pricing for our trip next week and premium was $189! I can’t stomach that pricing. If anyone has recommendations for free seating and locker locations, that would be awesome! We will try to get food at odd times to avoid lines.

For seating that is not too crowded, I like the seating area near Punga Racers and behind Taniwha Tubes (the walkway starts at near the smoking section near Whakawaiwai Eats and ends at the entrance near the Maku Puihi entrance).

For lockers, try the ones in Rainforest Village.

Bought our tickets through the app so they are on there. How does the tapu get linked to it? Also I have a credit card on the app - does it get linked to that too?

Bought our tickets through the app so they are on there. How does the tapu get linked to it? Also I have a credit card on the app - does it get linked to that too?

When you enter and scan your tickets, they link the tapu to your account.. If your CC is on your account/app, it will automatically get linked to the tapu too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter