Volcano Bay - Cabana Rental **Here Now**

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully they can get this stuff figured out to create the park experience for all guests that they have been claiming. :-)
Hope they have lots of "data crunchers" on staff to process all of the numbers they are collecting in regards to crowds and wait times etc...

The other two rides you can piggy back with your one reservation are Krakatau Aqua Coaster or Honu ika Moana. You can choose one of those. I don't think a lot of people are aware of this feature.

I read that there were many "data crunchers" hanging around the parks.

Here is a good guide ... http://orlandoparkstop.com/news/feature/complete-guide-to-taputapu-at-universals-volcano-bay/

View attachment 239889 Currently at Volcano Bay in Cabana 20D (which I don't particularly recommend - will elaborate later)

Wait times are claiming as we speak to pretty, IMHO, outrages times (180+ for body slides).

The cabanas are very nice but the placement of 20D is ridiculous as not only can you hear the highway traffic but also some of the air compressors for the park.

In addition - 20D doesn't not block out any of these views via vegetation, etc.; the noise from the air compressors is quite loud.

The ride, food, drink electronic menu isn't working so you can't "tapu" a ride from the convenience of your cabana.

The cabanas are nice - the noise and view from ours are the biggest headache along with not being able to schedule rides from the cabana.

The drink/food attendant is wonderful and all the workers have been very nice

Any questions?

How's the seating? From the pics I've seen online there's a long bench and then 2 patio chairs and a tiny table that couldn't even hold food for 6 people all at the same time? The pic on Uni's website, which I know is an "artist rendering" shows 2 padded full body loungers so I was expecting at least some sort of full lounger (other than the bench which, if actually used as a longer, would take everyone else's seat). Are there full body loungers for cabana guests? CB obviously has them, since padded loungers are the premium seats, but is it true the cabanas don't have anything like that?

I haven't had a chance to view them all but I would avoid the 20a/b/c/d cabanas (wave village I'm told)

View from front is gorgeous

Admittedly, Haven't paid much attention to VB posts. Was your cabana 'elevated'?:confused3

Not a surprise the first day, if not the first week weeks will have their share of bumps. Was surprised they didn't offer resort guests when we were there over Mother's Day the chance to be test-dummies. It's hard to come back from initial bad PR for a new park when the very thing they are touting (VR line) isn't working.

It's kind of bad when your mom (no offense) doesn't keep up with a lot of things related to entertainment / amusement parks, even heard about how of a "disaster" (her words) VB has been turning out. Ouch. I was so surprised she even heard about it.

If my mom's hearing about it and being turned off about it that cannot be good. Of course, it will work out in the end I'm sure, but first impressions are everything.

Admittedly, Haven't paid much attention to VB posts. Was your cabana 'elevated'?:confused3

Not a surprise the first day, if not the first week weeks will have their share of bumps. Was surprised they didn't offer resort guests when we were there over Mother's Day the chance to be test-dummies. It's hard to come back from initial bad PR for a new park when the very thing they are touting (VR line) isn't working.

:thumbsup2

My niece said the same thing.........they are at PB before heading to Gaylord Palms, but said they offered to anyone who would listen they would be volunteers.......lol.......

But they still had a fabulous time over the weekend and are going back Wednesday or Thursday this week and again next week.......they loved it.

So, not a disaster for everyone contrary to some reports.

:thumbsup2

My niece said the same thing.........they are at PB before heading to Gaylord Palms, but said they offered to anyone who would listen they would be volunteers.......lol.......

But they still had a fabulous time over the weekend and are going back Wednesday or Thursday this week and again next week.......they loved it.

So, not a disaster for everyone contrary to some reports.

Yes, I've read other really good reports as well.

Thank you for the report. The issues are why I avoid going to a park on opening days. I've also heard that Universal hotel guests are being allowed an hour early. Any truth to that?

I'm intrigued by the Cabanas so I am wondering if they would be worth it.

Thank you for the report. The issues are why I avoid going to a park on opening days. I've also heard that Universal hotel guests are being allowed an hour early. Any truth to that?

I'm intrigued by the Cabanas so I am wondering if they would be worth it.

Yes, hotel guests are allowed in an hour early.

How's the seating? From the pics I've seen online there's a long bench and then 2 patio chairs and a tiny table that couldn't even hold food for 6 people all at the same time? The pic on Uni's website, which I know is an "artist rendering" shows 2 padded full body loungers so I was expecting at least some sort of full lounger (other than the bench which, if actually used as a longer, would take everyone else's seat). Are there full body loungers for cabana guests? CB obviously has them, since padded loungers are the premium seats, but is it true the cabanas don't have anything like that?

I'm curious about this as well. I've only seen the two chairs, but really want to be able to stretch out in there. I've been looking for more pictures. I like the idea of trying a cabana, never did one anywhere, but I'm thinking of getting the reserved loungers instead. I really like the idea of stretching out & relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter