Volcano Bay - Cabana Rental **Here Now**

Anjelica

DIS Veteran
IMG_9180.JPG Currently at Volcano Bay in Cabana 20D (which I don't particularly recommend - will elaborate later)

Wait times are claiming as we speak to pretty, IMHO, outrages times (180+ for body slides).

The cabanas are very nice but the placement of 20D is ridiculous as not only can you hear the highway traffic but also some of the air compressors for the park.

In addition - 20D doesn't not block out any of these views via vegetation, etc.; the noise from the air compressors is quite loud.

The ride, food, drink electronic menu isn't working so you can't "tapu" a ride from the convenience of your cabana.

The cabanas are nice - the noise and view from ours are the biggest headache along with not being able to schedule rides from the cabana.

The drink/food attendant is wonderful and all the workers have been very nice

Any questions?

View attachment 239889 Currently at Volcano Bay in Cabana 20D (which I don't particularly recommend - will elaborate later)

Wait times are claiming as we speak to pretty, IMHO, outrages times (180+ for body slides).

The cabanas are very nice but the placement of 20D is ridiculous as not only can you hear the highway traffic but also some of the air compressors for the park.

In addition - 20D doesn't not block out any of these views via vegetation, etc.; the noise from the air compressors is quite loud.

The ride, food, drink electronic menu isn't working so you can't "tapu" a ride from the convenience of your cabana.

The cabanas are nice - the noise and view from ours are the biggest headache along with not being able to schedule rides from the cabana.

The drink/food attendant is wonderful and all the workers have been very nice

Any questions?
Thanks for the update. What cabanas do you recommend?

Thanks for the update. What cabanas do you recommend?

I haven't had a chance to view them all but I would avoid the 20a/b/c/d cabanas (wave village I'm told)

View from front is gorgeous

Attachments

• IMG_9193.JPG
    IMG_9193.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 126
Thank you!:) I was wondering if the cabana you are in is the wave village. I think I know where your cabana is by looking at the map. I was afraid of what you were going to say based on the location. Any other information is appreciated. I am concerned I have a wave village cabana booked in July.

Still haven't gotten over to the other side of the park. I sent a tweet message to Universal about the situation in our cabana - both cons and pros.

They were pretty prompt in returning my message and ended up giving my party express passes to use the rest of the day (although it was a fiasco trying to secure those)

Cabanas 23a/b/c/d looks very nice and more ambience added in terms of views.

Wow seems like part of the perk of the cabana was not having to walk somewhere else to tapu. Do you agree with some reports that the park isn't opening day ready? Seems like selling a cabana with stuff not working sucks especially since it was probably premium pricing.

I think it's ready for a much lower capacity crowd; as far as the cabanas that really did bum us out that our onsite "virtual queue" system isn't working. You would think that Universal would immediately offer up the express passes to those cabanas without that function.

There are ALOT of unhappy people running around especially those that came a few hours after the park opened because wait times jumped dramatically. Not only did the wait times jump sometimes they bounce around - daughter and her friend had one virtual queue for 2 hours then it jumped down to 75 minutes after a 1/2 hour but then jumped back up to 90. I've heard others talk about their times jumping up as well.

Krakatu is a great ride - if only it would stay up; multiple shut downs today including one when we were already lined up.

We had EE because we are staying onsite and it seems to almost be a requirement to get here early or you will be waiting 2-5 hours for a ride.

Neither river was open earlier today but the fearless river has since opened. Lazy river side is still closed.

They need to add "tapu" to guest services - the line was outrageous and not covered. Poor workers were trying to hand out cold water and get shade but people were so upset - many were requesting refunds.

You can't reserve a specific cabana ahead of time can you? You just reserve an area, right? Did you just reserve "wave village" and they took you to 20D when you arrived?

You can't reserve a specific cabana ahead of time can you? You just reserve an area, right? Did you just reserve "wave village" and they took you to 20D when you arrived?

Correct - I couldn't specify which cabana at the time of reservation except upper or lower (did upper). They also told me at time of reservation it was for wave area.

After going through the gates and receiving the tapu we were directed to "concierge" guest services where we were eventually assigned a cabana - I suppose at that time we could have requested a more specific one in the wave village.

Concierge guest services a mess at the time.

Correct - I couldn't specify which cabana at the time of reservation except upper or lower (did upper). They also told me at time of reservation it was for wave area.

After going through the gates and receiving the tapu we were directed to "concierge" guest services where we were eventually assigned a cabana - I suppose at that time we could have requested a more specific one in the wave village.

Concierge guest services a mess at the time.

Hi thank you so much:) for the update on the cabanas especially in the wave section. I will make sure to speak with them when I check in that morning about the cabanas with 20. My DD has sensory issues and would be freaked out with an air compressor noise on top of her like that. Did you take any pictures the cabana and the location? I am so sorry you are having this trouble on opening weekend. It can be very disappointing. I hope it goes better and that they take care of you.:goodvibes

Thanks for the updates and for complaining!!! I hope that everyone who is not satisfied makes sure to let them know. Without the feedback, things won't change.

I would think that they would have the sound barriers the put on highways with neighborhoods backed up to it. I know it doesn't keep everything out but it helps. Plus that is a pretty big eyesore for someone paying that much for a cabana. Its only opening weekend so I am sure they are going to address the issues.

I would think that they would have the sound barriers the put on highways with neighborhoods backed up to it. I know it doesn't keep everything out but it helps. Plus that is a pretty big eyesore for someone paying that much for a cabana. Its only opening weekend so I am sure they are going to address the issues.

Hi, I agree that the sound barriers would be good. I sure hope so this is a lot of money to spend on a cabana and to have that is not good.

I'll upload some photos tomorrow.

The ride breakdowns were constant; unfinished touches everywhere up to ugly black barriers around both rivers; interactive features not working; the "beautiful lights inside the volcano" were not present

Virtual queue was a joke TBH - they were not ready for the crowds. The fact that universal doesn't admit they missed the mark with these openings is shameful.

What were the waits like with express pass? Do you think it's worth going right now if you have express pass or would it still be really frustrating because of the ride breakdowns?

Hi- Sorry to read the opening weekend is turning into a disastrous and very unpleasant experience for park goers who spent LOTS of money to be there.

I have a question regarding choosing a virtual line to wait in....is there a way to see what lines are shortest so you can pick a line with a short wait time vs. a wait time of 3 hours with nothing to do in between OR do you have to walk to each individual ride and scan in order to see the wait time? I like how with Disney's Magic Band you can look on your phone or at a kiosk for what times are available and choose the nearest time, some of which might be immediate. It seems silly to pick a return time of 3 hours and not have any other option for riding until then, it literally makes no sense. Thanks for any insight.
I do hope Universal fixes their problems and offers refunds to people who visited the park today and were unable to wait in any standby lines, only Tapu lines..certainly seems like a flawed system.
Thank you.

Hi- Sorry to read the opening weekend is turning into a disastrous and very unpleasant experience for park goers who spent LOTS of money to be there.

I have a question regarding choosing a virtual line to wait in....is there a way to see what lines are shortest so you can pick a line with a short wait time vs. a wait time of 3 hours with nothing to do in between OR do you have to walk to each individual ride and scan in order to see the wait time? I like how with Disney's Magic Band you can look on your phone or at a kiosk for what times are available and choose the nearest time, some of which might be immediate. It seems silly to pick a return time of 3 hours and not have any other option for riding until then, it literally makes no sense. Thanks for any insight.
I do hope Universal fixes their problems and offers refunds to people who visited the park today and were unable to wait in any standby lines, only Tapu lines..certainly seems like a flawed system.
Thank you.

Yes, you can look at all the wait times and choose the one you want. And you can piggyback it with one of two selected major things (can't remember which two they were).

From what I have been reading, posted wait times have been about double actual wait times.

Yes, you can look at all the wait times and choose the one you want. And you can piggyback it with one of two selected major things (can't remember which two they were).

From what I have been reading, posted wait times have been about double actual wait times.
Thank you for your reply. Hopefully they can get this stuff figured out to create the park experience for all guests that they have been claiming. :-)
Hope they have lots of "data crunchers" on staff to process all of the numbers they are collecting in regards to crowds and wait times etc...

A lot of these issues are the reasons why I've been choosing to wait until after the summer and potentially go during the fall, since in Florida it's going to be still hot outside anyway! Also, it'll be more than likely going to be a lot more slower since it would be passed the opening day / summer fiasco, as well as being during non-peak season as a whole for parks in general.

I had a feeling a lot of drama was going to erupt (yes, pun intended) with the whole "virtual line" concept, as well as some things potentially not working. As it seems that when anything opens at all at Universal, it has a few bugs when it first opens. However, since there seems to be a lot more issues, I would have hoped that they would try to get it together a lot better. However, I assume since they already announced the opening day, that they didn't want to delay things, but with risking going ahead, they're taking away the experience for a lot of park goers. I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me they didn't know certain effects weren't working, or that their cabanas tablets were down.

Also, I have a feeling the virtual line is going to take a lot of trial and error to get right. Also, it could have been that there was simply too many people there which would make it an issue. Once it gets an average amount of attendance that a typical park endures, the virtual line concept will probably work like it's intended to do.

That being said, I never understood why people always have to go to "the opening day", it always seems that regardless of what kind of park it is, you're either going to be practically camping to get inside, or going to have a lot of technical issues. I guess part of the allure is you're going to be the first, or you're just so excited you can't wait! As for me, I do not mind waiting a little longer to make sure I have more of a chance of getting a better experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter