Visitors At Your Resort?

Fundytrail

Our 1988 Ticket
What if any restrictions are there with regards to friends dropping by for a visit while you are staying at a Disney Resort?

We have friends that rent a house for a month about an hour away from Disney and they would like to drop in some evening to visit and have a meal with us in DD.

I've been thinking the same thing. I have some friends in the area and might invite them down to hang by the pool. I don't think this is a big imposition on the resort, and as long as they are not rowdy who is going to care. How will they know without asking anyway?

I've been thinking the same thing. I have some friends in the area and might invite them down to hang by the pool. I don't think this is a big imposition on the resort, and as long as they are not rowdy who is going to care. How will they know without asking anyway?

they might check all of your room keys - especially if the pool is crowded. depends on whether doing the walk of shame might bother your friends...

in general, visitors to any wdw hotel are welcome to eat and shop at the resorts...but not to use the pools unless they are guests of that resort.

There is not problem with friends visiting you or having a meal with you at your resort. If they want to swim with you though, you need to ask the lifeguard. They will sometimes check for room keys at the pool areas, especially if it is busy. Each person needs to have one in order to swim, not just one per group.

Having said that, if you ask the lifeguards they may allow you to have a guest in the pool. But it is totally up to them. Officially, only resort guests can swim. But if you ask you may be allowed a guest. Much better to ask then to risk your friend being kicked out.

We've had loads of visitors when staying at WDW and never have had anyone ask for a room key, even when we were at the BC and our one guest used the pool with us. It was made clear to us anytime we asked that guests were absolutely allowed.

So, all that to say, have your friends over and enjoy!

We've had loads of visitors when staying at WDW and never have had anyone ask for a room key, even when we were at the BC and our one guest used the pool with us. It was made clear to us anytime we asked that guests were absolutely allowed.

I have stayed at the YC/BC more than a dozen times and never not been asked to show a room key when visiting the pool area. Guests are not "absolutely allowed" at the pools; there are signs at all the WDW pools saying they are for the use of the guests of that resort only. You may get permission to bring a guest to the pool if you ask, but one should not assume that will always be the case.

Before the thread goes into the usual pool-hopping death spiral, here's the deal with guests of guests at Disney resort pools.

Disney official policy is posted on the WDW site:

"Please note that pools are for use only for Guests of that specific Resort hotel."

The same policy is posted at all resort pools.

The better (fancier) pools do random resort ID checks in the pool area. If someone can't produce an ID for that resort, they are told to pack up and leave (a.k.a. "the walk of shame", thanks chalee94 :)). YC/BC checks ID before you even get into the pool area.

If the pool is not busy, if they're asked, lifeguards will very often allow guests of guests to swim.

Now, it's certainly possible that no one will ask for ID at the pool. That does happen. It's also possible that every single member of the party will be asked for ID, including all of the children. That happens too.

If it were me, I'd simply explain the situation to the lifeguard and ask if my guests can join me. If the pool's not busy, there's an excellent chance they'll say yes. I'd much rather get it sorted with the lifeguard ahead of time then take the chance that my guests will be asked for ID, and told to leave the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter