VIP Tour Cost

Thanks, I'm blown away. On the $800 per hour days a family of 4 could easily spend 10K on a VIP tour. Where did I go wrong in life?
Oh, I know. It's absolutely insane. I'd love to be able to do a tour, but it's not in budget. However, I am fortunate enough to have a generous friend who is going to be at WDW the same time my family is in January and has 1 spot left on the VIP tour she is paying for and has graciously offered it to my 15 year old. My DD is going to lose her mind when she finds out.

Last edited:
We are Tossing around a tour in January. And looking on Facebook for peeps to join. It is doable. DD and I joined a mother daughter VIP tour our last visit, it was well organized, split down to the tip. And it was organized on Facebook.

Thanks, I'm blown away. On the $800 per hour days a family of 4 could easily spend 10K on a VIP tour. Where did I go wrong in life?
i would say that they can, just remember that the $800 is typically charged during peak demand periods. from what i've seen in my research the range is typically between 500-700 def not cheap, but if you time it right you could land it lower

We are Tossing around a tour in January. And looking on Facebook for peeps to join. It is doable. DD and I joined a mother daughter VIP tour our last visit, it was well organized, split down to the tip. And it was organized on Facebook.
When are you planning to be there? We will also be there in January....

9 and 10. I wish the tour 9th. Universal is the 8th. We will do a 8 hour tour. We will include Epcot for the first time. That is the extra hour. your days?

Last edited:
We’re doing one next Sunday, 11/6. $700/hr, same 7 hr minimum. If memory serves, you can only add full hours. $800+ is more than I’d pay! I dialed our trip back by a day and used miles to book our flight home to help cut costs to make up the difference, but it’s a splurge, no doubt. The most economical pricing is mid-week, but that didn’t work for our timing.

My DD was a CM on VIP tours until Covid. Dis should be ashamed. They keep raising the prices yet pay CM the bare minimum. we never took one. Ito just way too much
Wow. I’ll plan to keep this in mind with my tip.

Wow. I’ll plan to keep this in mind with my tip.
They also make them claim tips and deduct it from wages. DD met some really nice folks including celeb and sports people. Some would request her every year. If your guide suggests something think about it. She had someone ask her to drop them at a hotel, run to Dis Springs to Collect something then come back and take them to dinner. She tried to explain the sh could send the stuff to the room. She tried to explain she got paid the whole time even waiting in the car. Many folks ignore suggestions like timing meal outside to see fireworks etc. she really tried to be sure folks got the most for their money.

They also make them claim tips and deduct it from wages. DD met some really nice folks including celeb and sports people. Some would request her every year. If your guide suggests something think about it. She had someone ask her to drop them at a hotel, run to Dis Springs to Collect something then come back and take them to dinner. She tried to explain the sh could send the stuff to the room. She tried to explain she got paid the whole time even waiting in the car. Many folks ignore suggestions like timing meal outside to see fireworks etc. she really tried to be sure folks got the most for their money.
I’ve heard of (and done) declaring tips for tax purposes, but deducting from full wages? How can they track it?

We did one in Nov 2020, and it was amazing! Our guide had worked with royalty, sports heroes, and pop stars. We were definitely the rif raff!

Y'all. I've never even looked at the prices before and I'm going to pass out! One day is a month's salary for me! Not a criticism-- it sounds like fun and hey, it's Disney-- just feeling dizzy over here lol.

I’ve never heard this before and find it a little hard to believe that if I tip (for example) $300 cash in an envelope, the guide would be expected to count the cash, report the amount to Disney, at which point it would be deducted from his or her wages, if I am understanding you correctly.

I’ve never heard this before and find it a little hard to believe that if I tip (for example) $300 cash in an envelope, the guide would be expected to count the cash, report the amount to Disney, at which point it would be deducted from his or her wages, if I am understanding you correctly.
I'm guessing they mean the taxes/social security on the tips gets deducted from wages - that's pretty standard for a tipped position. You claim the tips then then instead of handing over payment for taxes & social security on those tips, they're just deducted from your wages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter