VIP tour at Universal?

glad you enjoyed your tour. The food and the tram tour are the main reasons to do the VIP tour, I agree.

What did you see on the tram tour, if you didn't see any sets?
We stopped at the City Hall from BTTF (I guess that is the clock tower) and got out there. We also got out at a little grassy area where they film The Good Place (my wife liked that), and the Psycho House and plane crash (my favorite) from War of the Worlds.

Rather then start a new thread I thought I’d ask here - we have been to Universal Studios quite a few times when visiting from Australia. We have a child competing in the US in his chosen sport and will have one day free before boarding the return flight home. If we buy the VIP Experience pass as a family are we able to skip the guided rides tour and just use the express entries for the rides over and over?

As we have done the tram rides a few times already I can’t see us getting excited over doing that again. The one day express ticket only gives one express entry per ride per day whereas this VIP Experience s
seems to have unlimited express entry. Am I reading the t&c’s correctly here?

No don’t buy a VIP, you can get Unlimited Express at USH. Keep going through the Express purchase page and you’ll see this. It appears after you select your date.

Attachments

• 2F87921A-05DD-4023-B906-F777282BBCF6.jpeg
    2F87921A-05DD-4023-B906-F777282BBCF6.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 10
yep, the universal express unlimited is available, it's just slightly "hidden", because you have to first choose the one time universal express first.

If you don't want to take the tour, then the VIP doesn't really make much sense, since that is generally the highlight (that and the lunch).

Please note that there are four possible lines at universal:

1) Normal queue
2) Single Rider
3) Universal Express
4) VIP (but only with guide present)

#4 is generally the same as the "Universal Express", but they have the flexibility to skip parts of the line as needed. One common thing is if "Single Rider" isn't running, they will use that line. However, the tour guide MUST be with you to take advantage of this. Once the tour is over (or before it has begun), you just use Universal Express line.

I believe there is a disability pass as well, and that uses the Universal Express.

Hank you so much for the information - you’re right it is hidden! That makes our decision so much easier. First visit to Universal since 2017 and we can’t wait. Would have loved Disney but just for one day it just isn’t feasible as we normally spend 5-7 days just on Disneyland when we come over.

yep, the universal express unlimited is available, it's just slightly "hidden", because you have to first choose the one time universal express first.

If you don't want to take the tour, then the VIP doesn't really make much sense, since that is generally the highlight (that and the lunch).

Please note that there are four possible lines at universal:

1) Normal queue
2) Single Rider
3) Universal Express
4) VIP (but only with guide present)

#4 is generally the same as the "Universal Express", but they have the flexibility to skip parts of the line as needed. One common thing is if "Single Rider" isn't running, they will use that line. However, the tour guide MUST be with you to take advantage of this. Once the tour is over (or before it has begun), you just use Universal Express line.

I believe there is a disability pass as well, and that uses the Universal Express.
This is incorrect. It is true at Disney the guide will typically use Individual Lightning lane (unless you are a celebrity). However, at Universal the VIP guide is a true skip straight to front of line. No Express pass waiting. No waiting what so ever. We rode Hagrids 8 times in a row without getting in any line. Did every single ride in both parks, many multiple times and did not wait in a single line. There simply is no comparison to the experience of a private VIP and the Unlimited Express pass. Vastly different experience.

No don’t buy a VIP, you can get Unlimited Express at USH. Keep going through the Express purchase page and you’ll see this. It appears after you select your date.
Depends. Unlimited express can be helpful depending on crowd levels. If it is a busy weekend or holiday, the lines are still long. Example, spring break times Hagrids was 130 minutes standby, 60 minutes express. Like I said above, we rode 8 Hagrids 8 times in a row with ZERO wait.

Depends. Unlimited express can be helpful depending on crowd levels. If it is a busy weekend or holiday, the lines are still long. Example, spring break times Hagrids was 130 minutes standby, 60 minutes express. Like I said above, we rode 8 Hagrids 8 times in a row with ZERO wait.
OP is talking about Universal Hollywood, not Orlando.

Yes, my bad. Same holds true regarding ride access.
It does except the OP was asking if they could buy a VIP tour but get front of line without actually accompanying the guide, which they can’t. They either need to buy express so they can do their own thing or be on the VIP tour with the guide to skip the lines.

The VIP tour at Universal is with a group of other people, correct? Not like at Disney where it's private only to your group?

The VIP tour at Universal is with a group of other people, correct? Not like at Disney where it's private only to your group?
They have both group and private vip tours. Group is a fixed schedule, ride 8-12 rides once only . Private is do whatever you want, as much as you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter