Villa vs Suite?

DisneyLvr12

Mouseketeer
What's the difference? The villas have a bedroom and then a separate living room area, right? But so do the suites.

Anyone know the price difference?

Villas that have a separate bedroom (or 2 or 3...) have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and whirlpool tub. Suites tend to be big hotel rooms with a private bedroom (or 2) and a sitting room. Sometimes they have a wetbar or mini-fridge and sometimes they have a whirlpool tub, but this varies from suite to suite.

Suites are much more expensive (except for All Star Music Family Suites and BWI Garden Suites) and are located at the deluxe resorts and come with club level services. No villas (other than a few at Animal Kingdom Lodge) come with club level services.

Suites do not have washer/dryer (I guess the rich can afford to send everything out) and generally do not have a full kitchen, but rather a butler's pantry-style kitchen (although some of the Presidential and Vice Presidential suites are exceptions to this). The room draperies, furnishings, bedding, and appointments are superior in the suites (marble baths, etc.). Google Disneyworld suites if you want to see some pictures.

Suites (except for ASMuFS and the Garden Suites) are never discounted, but villas can often be had on public discounts.

We were upgraded once to a two-bedroom suite at BWI. It was gorgeous, with three balconies, a separate living room/dining area and three huge marble bathrooms. The price was something like $1,500 per night.

The size of the villas depends on the resort. I think BLT villas are the smallest size wise. OKW has the largest. OKW is our favorite. Studios at OKW have 2 queen beds the others have 1 queen and a sleeper sofa, they all have a kitchette. 1 bdrm and larger have a king in the master and a whirlpool tub in bathroom. They all have full kitchens and a sleeper sofa in the livingroom. All bdrms sleep 4 and 2 bdrms sleep 8. With the exceptions of BLT, OKW and AKV they have a sleeper chair in the livingroom also. GVs sleep 12. Studios do not have a washer and dryer. All other villas do. They have an apartment style one except OKW wich has a laundry room and a full sized washer dryer. BLT,OKW, AKV and BWV all have GVs. The others do not. 1 Bdrms have 1 bathroom, 2 bdrms have 2 baths with the exception of BLT and AKV wich have and extra bathroom. I think that the GVs have 4 baths but I am not sure. I think I have covered everything but if not someone is sure to come along and add to it. Sorry but I have never stayed in any of the suites. Only seen pictures.

The size of the villas depends on the resort. I think BLT villas are the smallest size wise.

FYI this is incorrect. BLT has the smallest studios but some of the largest 1br, 2br and 3br villas among DVC resorts. Only OKW and AKV-Kidani are larger, and Kidani is only larger by a few sqft.

and studio are smaller (my opinion) for a reason. to get DVC members to go for the 1-bedroom and Up.

dvc members generally like studios - so really think these are smaller to get members to use the bigger and more expensive 1-bedroom and up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter