Viggle App: Get rewards for watching television!

<<American Idol is only one hour, so hopefully that's a bit better for you!>>

Actually Idol is 8-10 tonight, not sure what it usually is.

Thank you for all the info, I was able to fill out my profile.:goodvibes

Ooops. My bad. I was in such a hurry to watch Grey's Anatomy at 9pm that I didn't even notice Idol went until 10pm! :thumbsup2

diznee25

2nd time posting - hope this one works - DIS acting up :confused3

I've been enjoying this app but like others have mentioned, I hope it's not crashing and burning already. I tried redeeming another $5 Target gift card and it kept telling me I needed to log in. I knew I was already logged it so I decided to log out and then back in to see if that would work. Once I logged in again, the Target gift cards were gone (which is why it gave me the "error" message of needing to log in). I noticed that Starbucks is also no longer there. I sincerely hope they bring back Target.

I agree with others as well not to save up the points - for reason's just like this. :sad2: I knew I was going to cash out at every 7,500 but alas, no Target now.

I know they clearly are having issues (as others have mentioned) but if the options dwindle down to merchants I don't use then it really won't be as much fun. Naturally I was aiming for the Target gift cards to save for buying a Disney gift card or something towards the trip. Feels like I'm doing something good - you know and having fun at the same time! :thumbsup2

Let's hope they get the kinks worked out ASAP and bring back Target and at least Starbucks too!

Thanks for all the great suggestions you guys have had. I logged in to the Today show yesterday morning and it was on from 7am-11am so that was a nice 4 hours but today the app said I earned points right after 8am so it either kicked me out or it wasn't reading that it was on until 11am today?

Thanks,
Heather

two different things today and got kicked out of both of them after an hour.

I really want the amazon GCs so I'm going to wait a bit, but I'm scared this is going to crash very soon.

2nd time posting - hope this one works - DIS acting up :confused3

I've been enjoying this app but like others have mentioned, I hope it's not crashing and burning already. I tried redeeming another $5 Target gift card and it kept telling me I needed to log in. I knew I was already logged it so I decided to log out and then back in to see if that would work. Once I logged in again, the Target gift cards were gone (which is why it gave me the "error" message of needing to log in). I noticed that Starbucks is also no longer there. I sincerely hope they bring back Target.

I agree with others as well not to save up the points - for reason's just like this. :sad2: I knew I was going to cash out at every 7,500 but alas, no Target now.

I know they clearly are having issues (as others have mentioned) but if the options dwindle down to merchants I don't use then it really won't be as much fun. Naturally I was aiming for the Target gift cards to save for buying a Disney gift card or something towards the trip. Feels like I'm doing something good - you know and having fun at the same time! :thumbsup2

Let's hope they get the kinks worked out ASAP and bring back Target and at least Starbucks too!

Thanks for all the great suggestions you guys have had. I logged in to the Today show yesterday morning and it was on from 7am-11am so that was a nice 4 hours but today the app said I earned points right after 8am so it either kicked me out or it wasn't reading that it was on until 11am today?

Thanks,
Heather

Heather, Viggle has been known to kick out every now and then. It's done it to me, and I just check back in. :thumbsup2

I also watch the Today Show with Viggle. I'm on the east coast, so for me the Today Show airs from 7 - 10am. (This is the HD channel which does not air that 4th hour with Kathy and Hoda.) But there's a small catch. On the tv guide the Today Show is listed twice; 7am - 9am, and then again 9am -10am. So I need check in twice for the Today Show.

Check your guide and see how the Today Show is listed. Then you'll know if you need to check in more than once during the show.

With following the tv guide, I've always gotten all the points for the Today Show. :)

Funny you mention the Target GCs are gone. Amazon gift cards ran out first, so someone got the idea to buy Target GCs, go to Target and purchase Amazon GCs with the Target GCs! So they posted this on Viggle's FB page, and before you know it, they run out of Target GCs. Amazing!

It'll be interesting to see if Viggle brings back Target or Amazon gift cards. Just within the past few days they added CVS gift cards, which is new. Wonder if that was a replacement for Amazon gift cards?

diznee25

Does anyone know what happened to the Best Buy gift cards and if they are bringing them back?

How do you manually check into a show if the sound check in fails?

How do you manually check into a show if the sound check in fails?

After the audio fails twice, something will pop up with a keyboard for you to enter the name of the show.

But sometimes the manual setting doesn't pop up. That's when you know it's impossible to check-in all together, and you should contact Viggle support.

diznee25

Heather, Viggle has been known to kick out every now and then. It's done it to me, and I just check back in. :thumbsup2

I also watch the Today Show with Viggle. I'm on the east coast, so for me the Today Show airs from 7 - 10am. (This is the HD channel which does not air that 4th hour with Kathy and Hoda.) But there's a small catch. On the tv guide the Today Show is listed twice; 7am - 9am, and then again 9am -10am. So I need check in twice for the Today Show.

Check your guide and see how the Today Show is listed. Then you'll know if you need to check in more than once during the show.

With following the tv guide, I've always gotten all the points for the Today Show. :)

Funny you mention the Target GCs are gone. Amazon gift cards ran out first, so someone got the idea to buy Target GCs, go to Target and purchase Amazon GCs with the Target GCs! So they posted this on Viggle's FB page, and before you know it, they run out of Target GCs. Amazing!

It'll be interesting to see if Viggle brings back Target or Amazon gift cards. Just within the past few days they added CVS gift cards, which is new. Wonder if that was a replacement for Amazon gift cards?

diznee25
All great suggestions! ;) Luckily I haven't been kicked out of a show yet and I think it's because I'm on wi-fi and it's steady. I'm going to recheck my Today show listing just as you stated. I love the CSPAN slots as they tend to run for hours!! :thumbsup2

I'm sure they got wind of the Amazon/Target cards like you said. I just hope they bring Target back but free is free so I'm aiming for a $10 iTunes now but would prefer putting it to better use. :lmao:

Target cards are back.

Are you sure?? You got me all excited!! :rotfl: I logged out and back in just to check and I don't see Target.

Thanks,
Heather

Are you sure?? You got me all excited!! :rotfl: I logged out and back in just to check and I don't see Target.

Thanks,
Heather

When I go into the rewards the Target gift cards are showing 7500 points for the $5.00 one and its also showing a $15.00 card for 21000 points:confused3

I got kicked out at 8 am while watching the today show too :confused3 It wouldn't let me check back in either, so I found a movie that was on for a few hours!

When I go into the rewards the Target gift cards are showing 7500 points for the $5.00 one and its also showing a $15.00 card for 21000 points:confused3

Ok, so those $15 gift cards do exist! I've heard people say, "There's a $15 gift card for Target and Chili's." But every time I looked in the rewards section I only see the $5 cards....Those $15 cards must go quick!! :eek:

I understand why though. Some of the offerings for the $5 gift cards are funny to me. When I saw the $5 card for Chili's I just thought that was silly. For a restaurant I would expect a higher denomination, so I'm glad to see they are offering $15 cards. Apparently others feel the same way....that's why they sell out so fast!

diznee25

Hi all! I just started using this ap but wanted to mention to make sure to read the FAQs. Go under settings, and go to About Viggle. There is a section called "Viggle FAQs." One thing you may need to know is under "Viggle Rewards." Just touch a question and the answer will show up. The question is, "Is there a limit on the amount of Viggle rewards I can get?" The answer says, "Other than rewards you receive in sweepstakes or instant win games, you may not receive more than $550 in rewards in a calendar year." Just thought I would share for those of you that have already gotten to $100.

I cashed out for a gift card today, and the screen said it would be sent as an email, but included the code on the screen. I didn't bother to write the code down, since I was expecting a email. It hasn'tshown up, so I emailed viggle, and they said I could find it in my rewards history. Where is that?

I cashed out for a gift card today, and the screen said it would be sent as an email, but included the code on the screen. I didn't bother to write the code down, since I was expecting a email. It hasn'tshown up, so I emailed viggle, and they said I could find it in my rewards history. Where is that?

Click on your avatar to bring you to the profile page. See where it says Check-in history? To the left of that is a box. Tap that box and a menu will pull down for your rewards history. :thumbsup2

diznee25

Hi all! I just started using this ap but wanted to mention to make sure to read the FAQs. Go under settings, and go to About Viggle. There is a section called "Viggle FAQs." One thing you may need to know is under "Viggle Rewards." Just touch a question and the answer will show up. The question is, "Is there a limit on the amount of Viggle rewards I can get?" The answer says, "Other than rewards you receive in sweepstakes or instant win games, you may not receive more than $550 in rewards in a calendar year." Just thought I would share for those of you that have already gotten to $100.

Hummm....very interesting. They must have recently added that question. I read through the entire FAQs when I joined 3 weeks ago and there was no mention of this.

This is the least of concern, (at least according to Viggle's Twitter and FB page! Earlier tonight they have suspended a few accounts for what they consider fraud/abuse activity. You can only "check-in" a total of 12 hours per day. This is stated in their FAQ's. Apparently some members are checking in more than that to rack up even more points. These accounts flagged in their software, and they looked into it.

This is not to worry anyone. They have stated this was just a small few accounts that were suspended, and everyone else shouldn't worry.

Viggle says next week they will be communicating with all members for more information and clairity on the rules for Viggle and stuff.

To end on a happy note Viggle is offering a President's Day weekend of bonus points. Get an extra 180 points per hour on top of check-in points! :thumbsup2 Starts midnight tonight. Just remember to stop at your 12 hour limit!! :rolleyes:

diznee25

First time I tried to check in to a show it wanted me to set my tv to the channel it was on and "check in". Now all I get when I check in is a purple screen with a white V and an "x" at the top of the screen to exit out. I'm using the iTouch on my home network. If it picks up audio, then the touch wouldn't work (so not sure why it's listed as a capable device).

Hummm....very interesting. They must have recently added that question. I read through the entire FAQs when I joined 3 weeks ago and there was no mention of this.

This is the least of concern, (at least according to Viggle's Twitter and FB page! Earlier tonight they have suspended a few accounts for what they consider fraud/abuse activity. You can only "check-in" a total of 12 hours per day. This is stated in their FAQ's. Apparently some members are checking in more than that to rack up even more points. These accounts flagged in their software, and they looked into it.

This is not to worry anyone. They have stated this was just a small few accounts that were suspended, and everyone else shouldn't worry.

Viggle says next week they will be communicating with all members for more information and clairity on the rules for Viggle and stuff.

To end on a happy note Viggle is offering a President's Day weekend of bonus points. Get an extra 180 points per hour on top of check-in points! :thumbsup2 Starts midnight tonight. Just remember to stop at your 12 hour limit!! :rolleyes:

diznee25

I've definitely checked in more than 12 hours today :eek: :scared1: I did not know that was a rule! I guess I should have read the FAQ. They should make it so you don't get points once you pass the 12 hours. I'm addicted to this LOL! Time to turn my phone off!!

Wait! How do you check out of a show?? I'm still checked in. I don't want my account suspended!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter