Viggle App: Get rewards for watching television!

Anyone know if there is a limit of one account per household? My mom's interested by I can't find anything on the site about rules in regard to that.

First time I tried to check in to a show it wanted me to set my tv to the channel it was on and "check in". Now all I get when I check in is a purple screen with a white V and an "x" at the top of the screen to exit out. I'm using the iTouch on my home network. If it picks up audio, then the touch wouldn't work (so not sure why it's listed as a capable device).

Does your ipod touch have a microphone in it? If it doesn't then that is probably your problem (my old touch was doing that to me but using my brothers newer touch which has a mic installed worked fine).

Last question: Where do you see trivia? I've yet to see that anywhere in the app

Click on your avatar to bring you to the profile page. See where it says Check-in history? To the left of that is a box. Tap that box and a menu will pull down for your rewards history. :thumbsup2

diznee25

Thanks!! Got it now :)

Does your ipod touch have a microphone in it? If it doesn't then that is probably your problem (my old touch was doing that to me but using my brothers newer touch which has a mic installed worked fine).

That is the problem! I did read somewhere else that if you plug in a cell phone ear buds with the mic it'll work. Now to go back a step in technology from blue tooth to wired and find those darn things!

This is the least of concern, (at least according to Viggle's Twitter and FB page! Earlier tonight they have suspended a few accounts for what they consider fraud/abuse activity. You can only "check-in" a total of 12 hours per day. This is stated in their FAQ's. Apparently some members are checking in more than that to rack up even more points. These accounts flagged in their software, and they looked into it.

This is not to worry anyone. They have stated this was just a small few accounts that were suspended, and everyone else shouldn't worry.

Viggle says next week they will be communicating with all members for more information and clairity on the rules for Viggle and stuff.

To end on a happy note Viggle is offering a President's Day weekend of bonus points. Get an extra 180 points per hour on top of check-in points! :thumbsup2 Starts midnight tonight. Just remember to stop at your 12 hour limit!! :rolleyes:

diznee25

I did know about the 12 hour thing, but is there a place within the ap to check how many hours/minutes you've watched for that day? I can totally see me losing track of what I've watched down to the minute and going over 12 hours. if not, I better get a timer/stopwatch!

Like some of you - I don't know if I forgot about the 12 hour rule or didn't know it in the first place? :confused3 I don't think I've done that but I might have been close. I work from home so I was keeping my iPad on as my TV in the background but often was too busy to remember to check into the next show.

I do know I repeated several bonus promos for the movie and tv show trailers (when they were working) but not to abuse it - simply because I thought we could because they were there and I didn't know if they were new. I wish there was a way they could program it that it does show available to the people who have already watched them - simple as that.

I read they lowered the daily limit from 40,000 to 12,000 points but I still want to know - if they limit the hours to 12 per day - how in the world is anyone getting 12,000 points a day? I'm being serious :) If you're only allowed 12 hours and apparently two promos or trivia's per day - how would you get this? I don't even see how you could get 7,500 this way.

They seem to want to make this work and do right by people so I hope the fun does continue.

This morning I noticed my "check in" mark in the left corner with a tiny screen of the tv program is no longer showing. Is anyone else having this issue? I thought I wasn't checked in, so I did it a few times and then saw in my check - in history I was - or at least I hope I am!

Heather

On their twitter this morning they said there is no 12 hour limit. Soooooo idk!

Viggle is being so annoying this morning. It keeps checking me out every half hour!

I've definitely checked in more than 12 hours today :eek: :scared1: I did not know that was a rule! I guess I should have read the FAQ. They should make it so you don't get points once you pass the 12 hours. I'm addicted to this LOL! Time to turn my phone off!!

Wait! How do you check out of a show?? I'm still checked in. I don't want my account suspended!

The way Viggle is going about closing or suspending people's accounts is in bad taste to me. People are still able to use Viggle. They are not finding out that their account has been suspended until they try to redeem for a reward. When they try to redeem, an error pops up. That's how people are finding out. :sad2:

Yea, many other members are pretty mad at Viggle for not having a safeguard in place when you reach 12 hours. For now you need to track your own time.

Plus Viggle has added a new rule: You can only watch each movie trailer or ad twice. No more than that. They don't mention if there is a safeguard in place for this either. It's going to be hard to remember which ads I've already done twice...there are so many! :scared1:

Last question: Where do you see trivia? I've yet to see that anywhere in the app

Trivia and movie trailers and ads will come back on Tuesday, according to Viggle. Click on the featured shows and trivia can be found there. There's a screen shot on Itunes if you do a search for the Viggle app.

Anyone know if there is a limit of one account per household? My mom's interested by I can't find anything on the site about rules in regard to that.

I think it's safe to say that it's one account per person. This of course assumes your mom has her own phone or device to use. :thumbsup2

On their twitter this morning they said there is no 12 hour limit. Soooooo idk! Viggle is being so annoying this morning. It keeps checking me out every half hour!

Yea, that's happening to me too! I'm thinking Viggle is doing this on purpose to make sure that people are watching what they "claim" to be watching. It's annoying when I'm really into my show, and then I've got to check in again. Wow, now there's no 12 hour limit....it's getting harder to keep these rules straight! :rolleyes:

Is the rule only 2 featured shows a day for bonus points?

Are you referring to the President's Weekend bonus points? Where they advertise 180 per hour that you check-in?

If so, then no. It's not limited to just 2 featured shows. The 180 points is per hour for every hour through Monday.

diznee25

On their twitter this morning they said there is no 12 hour limit. Soooooo idk!

Viggle is being so annoying this morning. It keeps checking me out every half hour!

I was just on Twitter and did not see anywhere about Viggle lifting the 12 hour limit. Plus on their FAQs it still says 12 hour limit. :surfweb:

I would follow the 12 hour limit until their FAQs are updated....I'd hate to see someone have their account closed...:sad2:

diznee25

For Featured Shows I meant the shows that have bonus attached to them...say I watch Amazing Race at 8 (featured) Apprentice at 9 (featured) and Pan Am at 10 (featured)...how would that work?

I was just on Twitter and did not see anywhere about Viggle lifting the 12 hour limit. Plus on their FAQs it still says 12 hour limit. :surfweb:

I would follow the 12 hour limit until their FAQs are updated....I'd hate to see someone have their account closed...:sad2:

diznee25

k1oxz8.png

But now on their twitter they are saying there is a 12 hour limit that went into effect last night :confused3

diznee25

I think I know what she is referring to. If I remember, someone had asked this question on FB or Twitter and the rep from Viggle honestly said he/she wasn't aware of it and gave a very misleading answer - incorrect one to be honest. Then other poster copied/pasted from their own FAQ the 12 hour limit and I can't remember if he/she from Viggle ever clarified it or not. BUT this is where a lot of people read there wasn't a limit because he/she said so. :confused3

For Featured Shows I meant the shows that have bonus attached to them...say I watch Amazing Race at 8 (featured) Apprentice at 9 (featured) and Pan Am at 10 (featured)...how would that work?
I've never read you could only get two of these? But I do remember reading something and I even posted a comment in my post about the two "items". I need to see if I can find it again!

Thanks
Heather

k1oxz8.png

But now on their twitter they are saying there is a 12 hour limit that went into effect last night :confused3

HA HA - you beat me to it!! :) :thumbsup2 Yep, that's what I remembered seeing too! Total contradiction :confused3

I'm still going to try and find the mention of the "two" items..might be in the FAQ?

Thanks,
Heather.

k1oxz8.png

"there is a 12 checkin limit?"

They are asking if there is a limit of 12 check-ins. This sentence doesn't mention whether they are referring to hours or points at all. I think this is why Viggle says there is no such limit. Viggle didn't understand what this person was asking...if in fact they were asking about the 12 hour limit....

If you watch 30 minute shows for 12 hours, then you would need to check-in 24 times...maybe more if Viggle kicks you out! :rolleyes:

As of still, the FAQ's say there is a 12 hour limit per day. So I'm going to follow this as long as it's a rule.

diznee25

After signing up today, I'm definitely no expert by any means...BUT, if you are having issues with the audio recognizing a DVR show, try waiting until the characters' names are mentioned for the app to "listen". I just checked into Grey's Anatomy, and it had to "listen" about 4 different times, and it wasn't until they started saying each others' names that the app picked up what show it was.

I'm sorry for all of my questions!!! Anyone know if you're doing this from an i-touch (so no data) if you can redeem target gc's in the store and how you would do that? Thanks!

I'm sorry for all of my questions!!! Anyone know if you're doing this from an i-touch (so no data) if you can redeem target gc's in the store and how you would do that? Thanks!

I would pull up the gift card barcode while connected to wifi then take a screenshot of it. Take your iPod to the store and pull up the photo. Then they will scan the barcode off of your iPod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter