views at AKL ?

GSLand

Mouseketeer
Seeing that AKL is at the edge of the WDW property - which of the savannah views are savannah-view only? That is, not the highway, or other roads, or air-handlers, delivery docks, etc ?
Or is this something I should not worry about? :guilty:

I can recall occassionally hearing the highway. I can't remember seeing any delivery docks, etc from our Savannah view room. Disney tends to usually hide things well.

GSLand said:
Seeing that AKL is at the edge of the WDW property - which of the savannah views are savannah-view only? That is, not the highway, or other roads, or air-handlers, delivery docks, etc ?
Or is this something I should not worry about? :guilty:

We always stay on the Arusha Savannah, Zebra Trail. No problems with any of the above.

In simplistic terms the AKL Savannah is on the inside of "Horseshoe".

All Savannah view room are on the inside of the horseshoe looking out at the Savannah.

Don't worry when you pay for Savannah, you're going to see Savannah not roads, signs etc.

We have stayed at AKL six times with a savannah view each time.

Five times we were given an Arusha savannah view either to the right or left of the main lobby. This past April, we checked in and were told we had a room in Sunset savannah. It was in a small wing that went off to the left from Arusha. I was disappointed when they told me and asked for a room in Arusha.

The cm at the desk and DH both suggested that we see the room and view before deciding. I'm glad I took their advice. Our room overlooking Sunset was one of the best for viewing animals. We saw different animals from those in Arusha which was a nice change for us. Also saw many different birds including Ostrich (two actually slept beneath our balcony). Sunset also has those new little red pigs that are natural clowns IMHO and were fun to watch.

So, I would suggest looking at the view from your assigned room. If you are disappointed, they will do everything possible to change your room to another view.

And if you happen to awaken in the middle of the night, take a peek outside to see what is going on. You could be pleasantly surprised.

We love AKL! It is the most quiet and relaxing deluxe we have stayed at---and we've stayed at all of the deluxes with the exception of WL.

Enjoy!

Yes, AKL is at the edge, but there is still plenty of acreage surrounding it. There are other resorts where you may have a highway view, but not AKL.

Not accurate that all Savannah view rooms look to the inside of the 'horseshoe'. There are 'outside the horseshoe' Savannahs as well (as indicated by Willidc). When we went in Oct. 2005, my son made us fully explore the Savannahs so we could check off all the animals on our checklist. We visited the fire escape stairs at the tip of every wing and trail. The only places I remember the views being less than stellar were at the very tips of the two long trails. The Savannahs meet there with a narrow, fenced connection (kind of losing the 'wild' illusion of the other areas). There are also some animal care buildings that you can see outside the Savannah fences (somewhat screened by plantings though). However, this was the view from the tip and I'm not sure if any of the room windows/balconies actually look out over this area. It could be that the rooms only look to one side of the trail or the other. But if this is a concern for you, the only rooms I would not recommend would be the last rooms at the ends of the long trails. These areas were not at all noisy and no roads (other than service roads) were in sight.

Hi , We've just returned and had an upgrade from standard to Savannah. We were in Kudu Trail Rm 3344 - one of the rooms right at the " end of the horseshoe " and where the savannahs met, so it was quite narrow with a lot of fencing. As it was an upgrade tho, we were happy, but i could understand being a little fed up if we had paid for the view. We did see some giraffe, ostrich and elands but they seem to be almost in a little enclosure from time to time. The room was also a fair hike from the lobby and pool, but extremely quiet and mosekeeping great.

We just returned from at stay last week in #4347; I didn't care for the view at all. It was a LONG walk from our room to "civilization" and we had a clear view of the people pen. Very few animals except one afternoon when a truck brought out food (see picture below); often we saw no animals from our room. And the view to the right was one of the barns. I was not impressed with our view at all.

DisneyWorld147.jpg

tjtjtj2 said:
We visited the fire escape stairs at the tip of every wing and trail. The only places I remember the views being less than stellar were at the very tips of the two long trails. The Savannahs meet there with a narrow, fenced connection (kind of losing the 'wild' illusion of the other areas). There are also some animal care buildings that you can see outside the Savannah fences (somewhat screened by plantings though). However, this was the view from the tip and I'm not sure if any of the room windows/balconies actually look out over this area. It could be that the rooms only look to one side of the trail or the other. But if this is a concern for you, the only rooms I would not recommend would be the last rooms at the ends of the long trails.

I just got back from a stay - we were in one of those rooms (2392 I think, # might be wrong, but it was right on the end) you mention and yes, the balcony points towards those fences you saw. If you're looking for the 'wild' illusion, these may not be the rooms for you and you may want to doublecheck that your balcony faces 'sideways' into one of the savannahs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter