Victoria and Alberts Reopens TODAY 7/28!!!

I love dressing up for dinner. For that kind of money, I would expect everyone to be dressed up for the experience.

This opens up 3 or 6 months before check in date?

How others are dressed doesn't impact my meal. It is others who are wearing perfume and cologne. I can't enjoy the nuances of the food and wine if others around me stink.

Was V&A always closed Sundays? I just perused the calendar (I'm not trying to get in until next summer, but wanted to see how chaotic it was to get reservations) and it says closed Sundays.
The only time I knew they were closed on Sundays was when V&A was part of a F&W dining event called Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining.
The first F&W dinner we had there in 2008/2009 cost either $350 or $395/pp and started at 6pm and we of didn't leave until midnight or shortly after.

Something to consider is that days open may be reduced for a time because there's a new head chef and likely a number of new-to-V&A's servers and support staff.

Reasonable that they may start slowly for the first year until certain everyone is up to standard and will remain at their particular station or might perform better in another role.

holy ****, just saw the price with the wine pairing: $295 + $150 = $445.

I dinner with my wife would cost me $890 plus 20% tipping = $1070.

And we would need to find a baby sitter. Holy crap, it would cost us $1300 or so after all the expenses.

I can’t understand if you are being snarky? V&a is a good restaurant for Florida, and maybe the us. But not the world, it doesn’t have even 1 Michelin star?
maybe I’m obtuse.
I am in complete agreement with you Sarah. I thought the food was dismal on my two visits. It was overdone and dated in my opinion. I expect a rose to be given at The Inn at Little Washington because it is in keeping with the whole chintz/70's decor but not at a self-described innovative restaurant. Yes, I do realize that the gesture is a nod to Victorian times.

I can't speak for how Victoria and Albert holds up to other Florida restaurants but agree with you that a GM star would not be warranted. I'm not an expert but I am a chef in Washington DC, have lived in several European countries and do dine in Guide Michelin restaurants several times a year. My husband gifts me those experiences because it is such a treat for a chef. V & A's does not touch the starred restaurants unless things have changed.

I do think that it is very important to note that my experience at V & A may well not be another's experience. My taste may not be yours. I am only speaking to give my personal view.

Most diners who post on this board are very happy with their evening at the restaurant.

Seriously, get gussied up and stop by Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the GF to ask for a pixie dust spritz. They may grant your wish if not too busy.

I got a blast in my hair once from BBB godmothers in DS who weren't busy and were outside offering it to kids and adults.

I warn you, though, that stuff is forever and scatters everywhere. I got it over 10 years ago and am still finding smidgens of it stuck in pockets and seams.
I hope to find glitter 10 years later to remind me of a wonderful evening! I am so excited :) <3

Something to consider is that days open may be reduced for a time because there's a new head chef and likely a number of new-to-V&A's servers and support staff.

Reasonable that they may start slowly for the first year until certain everyone is up to standard and will remain at their particular station or might perform better in another role.
Also, as the wife of a chef, it gives the team a day off or two! For that level, it's so important for them to recharge! That level of service is like going on stage every night, even Broadway takes a night off :)

Also, as the wife of a chef, it gives the team a day off or two! For that level, it's so important for them to recharge! That level of service is like going on stage every night, even Broadway takes a night off :)

... never once said anything negative about them being closed. Just asked if they were previously, and expressed hope that it would change as going to V&A on my actual anniversary has been a dream of mine since I first canceled our reservations four years ago, and haven't been able to go every year since.

I swear, every time I revisit this forum it reminds me why I stop coming here.

... never once said anything negative about them being closed. Just asked if they were previously, and expressed hope that it would change as going to V&A on my actual anniversary has been a dream of mine since I first canceled our reservations four years ago, and haven't been able to go every year since.

I swear, every time I revisit this forum it reminds me why I stop coming here.
Oh no! I meant that in a good way :) NOT at all trying to be snarky! I hope you do get to go to V&As Ive never been and I cant wait! I hate the internet and text messages for this reason, if you heard the tone of my voice you wouldn't feel that way! Sending GOOD HAPPY VIBES to you!

Was V&A always closed Sundays? I just perused the calendar (I'm not trying to get in until next summer, but wanted to see how chaotic it was to get reservations) and it says closed Sundays.
I see Sunday hours, now. I wonder if it was just a scheduling hiccup or if they added the hours later?

Threehearts, I suspect your palate is far more refined, reasonably enough, than most of ours.

We live in Missouri, a culinary desert, and find V&A's glorious, given our limited experience with truly fine dining.

We all have different standards and enjoyment levels, though I agree it's unfortunate V&A's doesn't meet your expectations. Everyone enjoys a wonderful meal when at The Happiest Place.

Threehearts, I suspect your palate is far more refined, reasonably enough, than most of ours.

We live in Missouri, a culinary desert, and find V&A's glorious, given our limited experience with truly fine dining.

We all have different standards and enjoyment levels, though I agree it's unfortunate V&A's doesn't meet your expectations. Everyone enjoys a wonderful meal when at The Happiest Place.
That is the beauty of travel. We all get to choose what personally appeals to us. V and A's has a great many fans so certainly the food is extremely appealing to most. In my opinion, not one person's palate is superior over another. Yes, you can train your palate. A trained palate is critical for wine and some spirits, for coffees and spice blends and so much more. That said, I get as much pleasure from a hotdog and a Sam Adams at Fenway as I do from most high end restaurants.

That said, I get as much pleasure from a hotdog and a Sam Adams at Fenway as I do from most high end restaurants.
EEEEK! At Fenway! (I'm a Yankees fan.)

A Nathan's dog on Coney Island for me instead. With Gulden's and a potato knish.

DH still tells of my first Nathan's. I'm not a big hotdog fan and told him I probably didn't want a dog.

He offered me a bite of his---and didn't get it back. :rotfl:

First Look at Newly Redesigned Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant

Disney has shared a first look at new details for the refreshed Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant. Victoria & Albert’s reopens July 28th at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.

img_3634.jpg

img_3633.jpg

Who bleached Victoria & Albert's? >:(

The GF used to suggest Victorian decor with vibrant colors and medium woodtones.

If this is how the rest of the GF will look after the forthcoming makeover...no. Just NO!

Who bleached Victoria & Albert's? >:(

The GF used to suggest Victorian decor with vibrant colors and medium woodtones.

If this is how the rest of the GF will look after the forthcoming makeover...no. Just NO!

There's a very badly kept secret that Chapek does not like GF at all. I'm wondering if he had a finger in the direction V&A went.

But, honestly, I like it. This looks much more modern Victorian, rather than 19th century Victorian. There is a bit of a "white out" in modern Victorian, which seems to be the cornerstone of the new decor. But I think the white, gold and blue go well together.

There's a very badly kept secret that Chapek does not like GF at all. I'm wondering if he had a finger in the direction V&A went.
That wouldn't surprise me since I suspect the only thing Disney Chapek likes is that it's a big moneymaker.
This looks much more modern Victorian, rather than 19th century Victorian. There is a bit of a "white out" in modern Victorian, which seems to be the cornerstone of the new decor.
Bland and boring, sez me.

I don't get this fondness for barely discernible patterns, light neutrals and white practically everywhere.

What's next? Nothing but white Christmas decorations? Probably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter