Victoria and Alberts Reopens TODAY 7/28!!!

mrsap

DIS Veteran

Victoria & Albert’s Reopens July 28!

Few establishments allow you to indulge in the luxurious cuisine quite like Victoria & Albert’s. I’m thrilled to share this fine dining restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is preparing for its momentous return on July 28, with reservations available starting June 20.

Victoria & Albert’s, a recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award since 2000 and Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award since 2018, is known for its unmatched dining experience with exquisite dishes made with ingredients from across the globe. This restaurant is the only one in Florida to hold the honor of having both the AAA Five Diamond and the Forbes Travel Guide Five Star awards and joins only 26 others in the nation with this same unique distinction.

The time has come to experience its timeless elegance and modern twist on American cuisine. Not only will its flavors be enhanced, but the space will be too. The newly reimagined dining room brings guests into a Victorian-styled setting with murals and wall coverings that showcase a timeless elegance and subtle inspirations of a whimsical garden. For a more intimate evening, the private Queen Victoria’s Room or the coveted Chef’s Table with a front-row seat to the culinary masterminds at work may be the option for you. The world-class wine collection found within its wine cellar, with over 500 selections, perfectly pairs with your dishes by the sommeliers on staff. If you’re interested in zero-proof cocktails, there are delicious beverage pairing options for you as well.

7F7A13BC-33BA-4BCE-9766-82F43F9F9113.jpeg
*click link for sneak peek at menu

I always told myself I would go to V& A at least once. Hopefully, the quality hasn't gone down, like the rest of WDW.

What too low? I just can't understand why Disney continues to under price these unique experiences. They will sell out on the first day reservations are available. Price should be on par with French Laundry which is way higher than $295.
Exactly. After you upgrade to the Wagyu and wine pairing you’re well over $500/person.

I can’t understand if you are being snarky? V&a is a good restaurant for Florida, and maybe the us. But not the world, it doesn’t have even 1 Michelin star?
maybe I’m obtuse.
It doesn't have a Michelin Star because it was closed while The Michelin Guide was trekking around Florida. Once V&A Reopens, and a representative from Michelin goes in to experience their cuisine, it should finally receive a star or two.

So other restaurants did recieve a star during that time, ? Why couldn’t a company as powerful and as monied as Disney, keep a “Michelin star” worthy restaurant open?

So other restaurants did recieve a star during that time, ? Why couldn’t a company as powerful and as monied as Disney, keep a “Michelin star” worthy restaurant open?

Well, they let everyone go a couple months into the start of the pandemic, when the entire property shut down. When starting things up, the former head chef, Aimee Rivera, decided not to return. So now they have to find a new staff of high-end chefs, including a new head chef, new servers. Trying to amass that level of staff back is difficult. Then having to pay that kind of staff.

I mean, for why it took this long, ask Disney, that's nothing anyone here can really answer.

I can’t understand if you are being snarky? V&a is a good restaurant for Florida, and maybe the us. But not the world, it doesn’t have even 1 Michelin star?
maybe I’m obtuse.

I can't even tell if I am being snarky or not these days. V&A probably deserves at least one star. Speaking of snarky what Disney really needs is to draw Jeremiah Tower out of retirement and ask him to open "en Hommage" restaurant to Anthony Bourdain. Of course it would be so popular that "No reservations" would ever be available.... :)

Having eaten at V&A and Michelin starred restaurants along with many not in the the Michelin guide but worthy I think it's a very fair price entirely comparable to similar experiences in other restaurants. And as mentioned, likely a bargain.
I'm also happy to break out some nice clothes for what will be a memorable night.
What remains to be seen is how smoothly they launch and if they can get adequate service staff in a post pantocalypse world. The basics are there, Disney owns feeding of the masses from all classes like no other place in history. They have no problem with fine dining or fast food.

It was dramatically underpriced before. Now I’d say it’s about right.

What time can this be booked tomorrow and how?
I'm presuming it's normal ADR times (6 AM eastern online, 7 AM eastern on the phone). I think all 3 areas can now be booked online through Disney's website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter