Victoria & Albert's July 30, 2022 Review

I'm guessing the photos reflect the fact that CT isn't being booked as yet. I wonder what will be used to replace the wrought iron railing that used to separate diners from cooks. I presume there'll be something of the sort.

I'm decidedly not a fan of the light-bright furnishings but learned via The Magic Dads' YT review that current furnishings are temporary and await the arrival of the actual redesigned ones. Big "Whew!" from me. The current ones don't even suggest the Victorian Era to me. Maybe that's just my preference for vibrant colors and patterns rather than creamy hues.

They use pristine ingredients, only the best and freshest, and there is an enormous amount of labor involved, and you are basically being pampered with food. You really can't look at it as just "watermelon", etc.

I went to a sushi restaurant with a friend of mine, the best sushi in the world outside of Tokyo, called Nobu Malibu. Now, I don't like sushi, not a fan, but I went with an open mind...after all, it's "just fish". I can tell you hands down, even though I will not be back, that I have never in my life tasted any food as wonderful as that night...so fresh and flavorful, that had I jumped in to the ocean and took a bite out of the tuna, it still wouldn't have been any fresher and/or flavorful and beautiful than what I had that night.

The choices may not be to your liking, but the talent and artistry and ingredients behind this culinary experience is something that most will never forget.
No that's a really valid point and I appreciate you explaining it that way as you're right. Maybe I'll keep an eye on availability in the next couple of weeks and if fate has it where there's a reservation then it was meant to be

I'm guessing the photos reflect the fact that CT isn't being booked as yet. I wonder what will be used to replace the wrought iron railing that used to separate diners from cooks. I presume there'll be something of the sort.

I'm decidedly not a fan of the light-bright furnishings but learned via The Magic Dads' YT review that current furnishings are temporary and await the arrival of the actual redesigned ones. Big "Whew!" from me. The current ones don't even suggest the Victorian Era to me. Maybe that's just my preference for vibrant colors and patterns rather than creamy hues.
The decor looks a little bridal boutique to me. But I"m sure it's lovely in person, I just don't see the Victorian in it. Of course, what do I know, I didn't study design.

I went to a sushi restaurant with a friend of mine, the best sushi in the world outside of Tokyo, called Nobu Malibu. Now, I don't like sushi, not a fan, but I went with an open mind...after all, it's "just fish". I can tell you hands down, even though I will not be back, that I have never in my life tasted any food as wonderful as that night...so fresh and flavorful, that had I jumped in to the ocean and took a bite out of the tuna, it still wouldn't have been any fresher and/or flavorful and beautiful than what I had that night.
Unless, of course, you went to any of the other numerous Nobu outlets in their rather vast chain. 😜

Thanks for sharing. We have loved Every time that we have dined there. Nothing short of one of the best meals ever. Sounds like, with the reopening, it hasn't lost a step.
Looking forward to returning.

Thank for describing your experience! We did the Napa Rose at VGC last year, and though we enjoyed it we didn’t really think it was worth the price for us. This looks more impressive.

The decor of this place looks completely bland and not what I expected V&A to look like at all after a refurb. IMO it looks horribly ugly/plain. Hopefully once the real furniture arrives it will look better. Also the room looks really tiny to me from the photos. Still have to convince my wife to go outside her comfort zone with such fancy looking food.

Thank for describing your experience! We did the Napa Rose at VGC last year, and though we enjoyed it we didn’t really think it was worth the price for us. This looks more impressive.

I was at Napa Rose last month and it was good, but nowhere in the same league as V&A. I don't recall thinking Napa Rose was too expensive, but it is more like California Grill or Capital Grill and V&A is more like The French Laundry.

I was at Napa Rose last month and it was good, but nowhere in the same league as V&A. I don't recall thinking Napa Rose was too expensive, but it is more like California Grill or Capital Grill and V&A is more like The French Laundry.
I think you must be right, but I think our bill at Napa Rose was over $500 for my wife and I, and my one glass of wine. Doesn’t that put it way pricier than Capitol or California Grill?

I think you must be right, but I think our bill at Napa Rose was over $500 for my wife and I, and my one glass of wine. Doesn’t that put it way pricier than Capitol or California Grill?

You must have ordered Opus One wine as most meals at Napa Rose are in the same price league as Capital Grill and dinner for two should be around $200 or so

You must have ordered Opus One wine as most meals at Napa Rose are in the same price league as Capital Grill and dinner for two should be around $200 or so
I don't think I ordered anything fancy wine wise. I don't remember the exact bill, but it was way more than $200.

Unless, of course, you went to any of the other numerous Nobu outlets in their rather vast chain. 😜
This was years ago, but my friend was somewhat of a sushi expert, and she had eaten at all the best restaurants for sushi, etc., had knowledge of the particulars of the fish caught, when and where, the chef, etc., Anyway, you get my point with my reference to V & A's :)

This was years ago, but my friend was somewhat of a sushi expert, and she had eaten at all the best restaurants for sushi, etc., had knowledge of the particulars of the fish caught, when and where, the chef, etc., Anyway, you get my point with my reference to V & A's :)
I do. ☺️

It would be fun if V&A had one course of sushi

A dozen years ago my sister had her wedding dinner at the Chef’s Table here. Her new father-in-law and brother-in-law got personalized beer pairing made by our server/sommelier. He had great fun making the choices and they got an experience more tailored to their tastes.

Plus Nobu’s sushi is the most disappointing thing on the menu. It’s ok but not even in the top 10 of sushi restaurants I have tried in NY. Hot food is good though. I have eaten there 4-5 times in NY and London.

My favorite sushi places in NY - Sasanune and Bond St (though I actually prefer the tables at the sushi counter to the fancy part of the restaurant).

My first impression on reading the menu is that it seemed more pretentious than interesting, if that makes sense. The zero proof pairing is the only thing that really spoke to me, even though the pictures are gorgeous and I’m sure the service is impeccable at that price point.

Not to take this experience away from anyone else, but perhaps I just prefer bolder flavors. I had been curious though, so thanks for saving me $1,400!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter