Victoria & Albert's July 30, 2022 Review

I ate there August 6th. When the restaurant called a couple of days before to discuss the reservation, I asked if my husband needed to wear a suit jacket and I was told "no". The person who called told me they changed that requirement. I was happy about one less thing to have to pack. All the other men that were eating there the same time as us were wearing suit jackets but we had no problems with my husband not wearing a suit jacket.
We were there the same night! I noticed most men had their jackets off when eating. Were you guys near the table that had a mom and three teenagers that were playing on their phones all night?

We were there the same night! I noticed most men had their jackets off when eating. Were you guys near the table that had a mom and three teenagers that were playing on their phones all night?

No, we were across on the other side - when you entered the room, we were on the right. It was my husband, mom and I. So cool we were there the same night!

Are men still required the suit jacket to dine? Looking at the website it’s more vague now and just says to dress semi-formal to formal
We dined there yesterday. I asked - no suit or jacket required. That said, everyone wore one anyway.

We dined there yesterday. I asked - no suit or jacket required. That said, everyone wore one anyway.

I totally get how some dudes, including myself don't want to get dressed up for dinner at Disney World, BUT I do think it makes the dinner event more special.

Also, they should really encourage V&A guests to limit or eliminate phone use inside, and if the teens are that boarded, then they should dine somewhere else. I am not trying to be being mean, but you can do that at the 99.9% of other restaurants.

I totally get how some dudes, including myself don't want to get dressed up for dinner at Disney World, BUT I do think it makes the dinner event more special.

Also, they should really encourage V&A guests to limit or eliminate phone use inside, and if the teens are that boarded, then they should dine somewhere else. I am not trying to be being mean, but you can do that at the 99.9% of other restaurants.
Meh, I think it can be a packing issue. As a woman - it’s pretty easy (black dress and nicer shoes). Packing a suit is annoying.

I’ve eaten at Per Se and Eleven Madison and seen plenty of guys wearing dress shirts sans jackets. But my husband is definitely a suit guy.

I don’t know what they can do about phone use like that. But it’s unfortunate.

I got upscale assisted living vibes from the dining room photos. The food looks like ‘90s tweezer food, which is not to say that it’s bad, just that it’s overly fussy and a waste of culinary talent on something so fleeting. That trend has come and gone. I wish these so-called “tasting menus” would go away; who’s going to remember a cube of lamb the size of a single die even if it’s paired with cardamom flown in from a village in Asia? More importantly, why do you think I’d care about that? Of course, it’s all a matter of taste, but more is not always more.

My wife and I dined at V&A earlier this month. It was our first time at the restaurant and our first time having a tasting menu of this magnitude.
When I made the reservation, I was both excited to get one (as it was on our anniversary) but also a bit disappointed with the price. I had reservations for the Queen Victoria's Room scheduled for 2020 (also for our anniversary) that were cancelled, and the idea that I was now paying ~65% more for the same meal 2 years later was a tough pill to swallow.

I doubt I will remember the cost or the taste 5 years from now, but I surely will remember the experience, and that is what you are ultimately paying for.

The service was absolutely the best I have ever received in a restaurant and the ambiance was unparalleled. The harpist added a real charm to the room, and the fact that she mixed new music with classics really set things apart.

I will also point out, that the portions were not nearly as small as you suggest. When the first course came out, I felt like I would be able to eat with impunity. They were three small, albeit delicious bites, and the caviar and hiramasa were similarly small. Then the turbot and toothfish came out, which were sizable amounts, and I started to feel full. When the wagyu arrived, it was honestly a bit hard to enjoy as the decadence was amplified by my very full stomach, but I persisted. By the end, my wife and I both had to pack up the final dessert course as we were too stuffed to eat another bite.

At the prior price, this restaurant would have been a no brainer for special trips. At the current price point, it would not be something I'd do yearly, or perhaps even again. That being said, it was worth the experience and price to do it once.

other was on a no sugar, no seafood diet.
What did they serve in place of the seafood for your no seafood person? I’m no seafood, so will be making that request. Was it a vegetarian option for that course (that’s what I’ve received for other tasting menus at other places in place of the seafood course)?

We’re going on October 8th, I can’t wait!!

What did they serve in place of the seafood for your no seafood person? I’m no seafood, so will be making that request. Was it a vegetarian option for that course (that’s what I’ve received for other tasting menus at other places in place of the seafood course)?

We’re going on October 8th, I can’t wait!!

I forget exactly what was served as there were a few dishes that were substituted. I believe one was another chicken, one was a pork, and one was all plant based. My friend loved all those options, but we did not get a printed menu of what those substitution were, and I also did not take pics of their plates.

*** Make sure you inform V&A at least a week or two about making changes to their menu ***

I forget exactly what was served as there were a few dishes that were substituted. I believe one was another chicken, one was a pork, and one was all plant based. My friend loved all those options, but we did not get a printed menu of what those substitution were, and I also did not take pics of their plates.

*** Make sure you inform V&A at least a week or two about making changes to their menu ***
This is helpful, thanks!!

Great Review can't wait to go back there going to DW in a few weeks but my wife isn't coming and my sons aren't into going here...lol So hopefully for our April 23 visit we will go back to V&A.....My wife really loves this place

I am incredibly fortunate, or perhaps just lucky, to be one of the first to dine at the reopened Victoria & Albert's restaurant on July 30 and invited a few very close friends of mine to enjoy this occasion. I will post photos taken with my iPhone, my opinion of the menu, drinks, décor, service, costs, tipping, kitchen tour, and even try to answer questions in this thread.

I searched the Internet and have not read any reviews of V&A since the July 28 grand reopening, so perhaps this will be the first online as I am sure there are lots of people, like me, that are foodies and Disney fans, and want to know all the details of this amazing restaurant.
Thank you so much for the entire review and your perspective. Hats tipped!

Love the review! With the new price point I do not think this is in the cards for me, but I do really enjoy reading about the experience and seeing all the pictures.

Anybody know how often they will be changing the menu?

I don't think they will make significant changes anytime soon, but one of the waiters told me when I was there in July that they are still testing various dishes and combinations and will probably make small to medium tweaks to the menu, but the core menu right now is very good. I do think it would be cool to offer new seasonal items every few months.

I think it may just be me as everyone seems to love what's on the menu but I find it really underwhelming and disappointing - I just can't put my finger on what it is about it but this has made me reconsider going here in October.

Obviously again I'll say, a lot of people seem to really like the menu and it may just be me on my own but I'm definitely not liking the food choices which is so gutting as I've wanted to visit here for years
Same

I don't think they will make significant changes anytime soon, but one of the waiters told me when I was there in July that they are still testing various dishes and combinations and will probably make small to medium tweaks to the menu, but the core menu right now is very good. I do think it would be cool to offer new seasonal items every few months.
I was thinking along the lines of small seasonal changes like they did in the past.

The only thing I could see them changing in the near future would be the spicy dish. Israel did not seem to be a huge fan of this one.

I am hoping for seasonal changes- my husband and I met in culinary school and both VERY MUCH AGREE that Fall is the best season for menus! Bring on the root veggies!

Cost breakdown per person:

Standard 8 Course Tasting Menu = $295
Queen Victoria 10 Course Tasting Menu = $375
Wine Paring = $150 (8 course) or $200 (10 course)
Zero Proof Beverage Pairing = $110 (8 course) or $140 (10 course)
Tax = 6.5%
Tip = 18% or 20% suggested (with calculations based on subtotal on receipt)

Here is the "Least expensive" option with no extra cost drinks (water only)
Standard 8 Course Tasting Menu = $295
Tax = $19.18
Tip (20%) = $59
Total per person = $373.18
Total for two people = $746.36

Here is "My Personal Recommendation"
Queen Victoria 10 Course Tasting Menu = $375
Zero Proof Beverage Pairing = $140
Tax = $33.48
Tip (25%) = $128.75
Total per person = $677.23
Total for two people = $1,354.46
Your personal recommendation (which I think is a great option) is significantly higher priced than when we did the chef's table! granted we didn't do a wine or beverage pairing, but even without that, it is more expensive. Wonder how much the chef's table will be once they offer it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter