Via Napoli - Slice Window Opening

It doesn't follow any set schedule that I've ever seen but has been open periodically this year. Typically when higher crowds are expected. As mentioned by the previous poster, while next to Via Napoli, it doesn't serve the same pizza ... the pizza here is Sicilian style - thick crust and cut in squares.

I'm still very disappointed the window can't serve the same pizza as inside the restaurant (which we love).

Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Are they afraid we'll never go to the restaurant and just get the QS? I cannot figure it out.

My family doesn't like the thick cut etc. etc. I'm from the Midwest and we 'own' thick crust/deep dish. I know the walk up isn't deep dish but it is thick.

We enjoy the pizza from the window. It's been open for our last 2 trips in Oct and august of last year.

I'm still very disappointed the window can't serve the same pizza as inside the restaurant (which we love).

Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Are they afraid we'll never go to the restaurant and just get the QS? I cannot figure it out.

My family doesn't like the thick cut etc. etc. I'm from the Midwest and we 'own' thick crust/deep dish. I know the walk up isn't deep dish but it is thick.
It makes total sense to me. Neapolitan pizza isn't designed to be served in "slices," by the piece, like a NY pizza. Indeed, some people in Naples fold the whole pizza in half, then in quarters, and then eat it that way. Who'd want a Via Napoli slice that's been sitting under a heat lamp getting soggy?

It makes total sense to me. Neapolitan pizza isn't designed to be served in "slices," by the piece, like a NY pizza. Indeed, some people in Naples fold the whole pizza in half, then in quarters, and then eat it that way. Who'd want a Via Napoli slice that's been sitting under a heat lamp getting soggy?
Hmmmm. Maybe your correct. I'll pass though on buying a slice. I'll let others enjoy.

The real (with a few exceptions that are still good but standard thicker thin crust) places in NY will only serve a pie. It really is meant for one person. BUT for the record the places that serve pies only that is the real thin crust (not specialty pizzas) an average person can easily eat 4 slices that would usually eat 2 "thin" crust slices and have room for more. Via Napoli is more of a standard thin crust that yes would get soggy. The real thin crust would more likely petrify under a heat lamp.

The real (with a few exceptions that are still good but standard thicker thin crust) places in NY will only serve a pie. It really is meant for one person. BUT for the record the places that serve pies only that is the real thin crust (not specialty pizzas) an average person can easily eat 4 slices that would usually eat 2 "thin" crust slices and have room for more. Via Napoli is more of a standard thin crust that yes would get soggy. The real thin crust would more likely petrify under a heat lamp.
There's a huge difference between NY-style and Neapolitan-style pizza. The latter cannot reasonably sold as "slices," and Via Napoli makes that kind.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter