Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (a group of 10) will be there from April 24th - 27th! VERY excited! This will be our 3rd time. We love VB and can't wait to relax after a fun filled 9 days of WDW.

Have fun everyone!

I just wanted to put in a couple pics from our trip back in Aug-Sept. That was our first trip to Vero but I can definitely say, not our last. We had a perfect OVIR. We got lucky on this one. It sure beat our dumpster view at VWL we had just left.
551.jpg

476.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures mickeymorse:thumbsup2, wish i was looking at that out my window instead of snow.
Helps make the wait a little bit more bearable.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We did the umbrella/chair swap last year and are trying to decide what to do for this year. I pulled the links from last years thread so that I can order the same chairs which I really liked and an umbrella if I decide to do so. Our traveling friends are driving their truck so space will not be a concern.

The price for the chairs, umbrella and shipping will be probably almost as much or more as renting the chairs and umbrella for the four days we will use them. Moneywise for the one trip it would be a wash but we would use them for future trips as well.

My concern is that when our friends rented the chairs and umbrella for one day during our last trip they had to wait for the rental office to open and then were twenty people back in line and she said it wasn't worth the time and effort it took to do so. All the previous info for this question, can you rent chairs and umbrellas for multiple days so that you don't have to go stand in line once the rental office opens everyday? We are early risers and usually are on the beach well before the rental office opens.

and as long as well are sharing photos:
tuessunrise.jpg

poolatnight.jpg

You're welcome Dort. I wish I was doing the same. And photobob, those pics put mine to shame. Thanks for sharing.

Both of you have posted gorgeous pictures!!! Oh, I wish I were there right now!

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Did people report from the annual meeting that VB is due for a pool refurbishment?

So it's really cold here, at least for Alabama it is. Here are some photos to warm you up!

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

We will be there May 2-6, beach cottage for 2 of the days, waitlisted for the other two. (Have another unit reserved just in case we don't get the waitlist.) Then off to Animal Kingdom Villas for 3 days.

Is there a VB Chair Swap being organized for this year??!!

Is there a VB Chair Swap being organized for this year??!!

I think there was a problem with new rules for the disboard about collecting money and that there wouldn't be one. That was the last I read about a chair swap.

Bobbi

I'm needing to look at these pictures again to warm me up! It's a winter wonderland out there! brrrrrr!

PS. Did people report from the annual meeting that VB is due for a pool refurbishment?

I did hear a report of that. Was it from Mike? I haven't heard anything beyond that mentioned on the boards.

I just made a bad discovery. I looked at the reallocated point chart of 2010. VB Sun-Thurs points were raised the maximum amount of 20% across the board. My guess is that the 20% cap didn't allow them to do the full reallocation and that they may finish the job with the next point chart. :sad1:

...can you tell I need to get out of this snow. I think I replied to this thread three times in the last day. My DH just went outside to do some latenight skiing (I would say moonlight, if we could ever see the moon!)

Can someone recommend a convenient location to pick up a few grocery items for an overnight stay (a few single serve bottles of milk, fruit to snack on, etc.)?

Thank you!

Can someone recommend a convenient location to pick up a few grocery items for an overnight stay (a few single serve bottles of milk, fruit to snack on, etc.)?

Thank you!

There is a small deli/grille/grocery adjacent to the resort in easy walking distance. It used to be called Boppy's? It is very small, but I think they have what you are looking for. I tried to look up their web page and it seems it is parked (not active) so I can't say for sure they are still in business. Hopefully someone else can verify. Otherwise, there is and Exxon convenience store about 2 miles away.

Have a good time.

Looks like we may see you at the pool! WOW! It's getting close. I really need to start focusing on that trip!

Yes Im sure Ill be bumping into you... Ill be the crazed parent watching over 5 kids... 3 of my own and 2 friends! YIKES!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter