Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rob for taking over this thread! It will be our first visit to Vero in February!

Thanks for taking on this thread! I am on the Rollcall 3/12-3/16 and it is our 13th trip to Vero Beach (by my best estimate, I've lost count). We frequently add a few days at Vero Beach after spending time in the parks.
Deb

I remember last year we had a 1br overlooking the pool 2nd floor, and if we had been on the top floor it would have been a great ocean view...
I had planned to write it down, but I didn't...
We actually could see the ocean from our balcony but not very good, higher up would have been super, but the pool view was fun too!

Hey Deb, This is a really common question so I added some info to the first post to help with requests. Keep asking questions :)

Thank you for the replies!! And thanks Rob for adding the building info to the top of the thread. It was all very helpful, we are going to request either building 12 or 15! I'll let you all know how it goes and if we were able to snag a great view! :wizard:

Only 6 days until check-in :banana:

Thanks for taking on this thread! I am on the Rollcall 3/12-3/16 and it is our 13th trip to Vero Beach (by my best estimate, I've lost count). We frequently add a few days at Vero Beach after spending time in the parks.
Deb

Hey, Deb,

Wow... You obviously have a lot to offer. Hope you will continue to frequent the thread and help out. Not too many have as much VB experience as you. Glad you're here.

:goodvibes

I have really enjoyed my VB research, and thanks for the links to the previous threads. Added on a day, now we are checking out 4/23 :woohoo:

Rob.... thanks for taking the time to do this again!!!!:cool1:

We will be back down to VB April 15 - 20th this will be our 20th visit! :goodvibes

Thank again

Dave
aka Mahusky

Rob.... thanks for taking the time to do this again!!!!:cool1:

We will be back down to VB April 15 - 20th this will be our 20th visit! :goodvibes

Thank again

Dave
aka Mahusky

Hey Dave, You've been here ever since I can recall... I didn't realize your number of visits though. Start thinking about how you might change your thread for the 2013 continuation :) I'm gonna be asking....

We are visiting Vero for the second time. July 8-11. First visit though as owners at Vero.

We are thinking about making a reservation for what would be our first trip to VBR. It will just be me and the wife. The most important thing is an ocean view/facing room. Would those of you with some experience advise us on just booking the ocean view inn room or do we have a decent chance with the studio or one bedroom?

We are thinking of January 22-26 or Jan 29-Feb 2.

Thanks!
Roger

We are thinking about making a reservation for what would be our first trip to VBR. It will just be me and the wife. The most important thing is an ocean view/facing room. Would those of you with some experience advise us on just booking the ocean view inn room or do we have a decent chance with the studio or one bedroom?

We are thinking of January 22-26 or Jan 29-Feb 2.

Thanks!
Roger

This is just a memory guess, but... Chance of (real/clear) ocean view:

OVIR - 90%

All of these are only if you get the third (top) floor...
Studio - 10%
One Bedroom - 20%
Dedicated 2 bdrm - 5%
Lock-off 2 bdrm - 20%

Just for fun guesses :)

The latest edition of Disney Files mentions that they have sea turtle night walks at Vero, and families are chosen by raffle to participate. Do you have to do anything to ensure that you're "in the raffle", ie. do you have to register for it?

We are here now. It's just beautiful. Thanks to everybodies tips we secured a third floor 1bdrm villa with a gorgeous direct ocean view. We couldn't be happier. Can't wait to fully explore the resort.

The latest edition of Disney Files mentions that they have sea turtle night walks at Vero, and families are chosen by raffle to participate. Do you have to do anything to ensure that you're "in the raffle", ie. do you have to register for it?

I think at one time, you put your room key in a jar. That may have been for the kids turtle walks, but you do have to register.

We are here now. It's just beautiful. Thanks to everybodies tips we secured a third floor 1bdrm villa with a gorgeous direct ocean view. We couldn't be happier. Can't wait to fully explore the resort.

:goodvibes

Don't forget, there is a lake across the street and tennis courts, basketball courts, soccer field, couple of grills... It's fun just walking the tunnel over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter