VDH Points Chart is Live!

Does anyone know the VDH DVC shares expiration? Is it 50 years? I have been looking for confirmation and can not find it.

I understand the technicality. I was commenting more broadly about the changes in the DVC experience over the years. Most people are unfamiliar with the POS. All they see is what they experience and get from being a DVC member. My argument is that for those that are used to being a member in the last 5 years, all these new changes with VDH may be a seismic shift like others I’ve mentioned.

Of course...and I agree that if you never experienced something, you can't miss it.

That would be the singlemost reason to have direct membership - lounge access; but not paying the ransom they are asking right now for VDH.

Perhaps with really good incentives; but will wait for resale in a few years to bide our time. Did they check for that 'Y' on your membership card?

But if you wanted to go to Anaheim inexpensively and stay at WorldMark, they also have Dolphin's Cove. I have a one bedroom booked there this August for $80 per night (Monday Madness cash stay). I could never justify the costs at VDH when I have access to $80 lodging down the street.
I looked here to book and most of the rooms I could find were in the mid 300's per night

has anyone confirmed the UY points ? I’m a June UY. Wonder if I’ll get June 22 set of points for a May purchase or if I’ll start with June 23 points. Getting the previous UY points for my Riveria contract made all the difference. It also was my main reason to pass on grand Floridian villas 2. Couldn’t pencil it out when I’d have to go to borrow mode just to book a first stay.

I looked here to book and most of the rooms I could find were in the mid 300's per night
Monday Madness is only available to Worldmark owners. WM makes some resorts available for cash stays every Monday. I have heard owners say they bought a small WM contract just to access the various cash stay options like Monday Madness and Inventory Specials.

Monday Madness is only available to Worldmark owners. WM makes some resorts available for cash stays every Monday. I have heard owners say they bought a small WM contract just to access the various cash stay options like Monday Madness and Inventory Specials.
Yes, sorry for the confusion. I’m a Worldmark owner. WM is honestly a bit of a steal. You can buy a small resale contract for a couple of grand and then just use a lot of Monday Madness and Bonus Time (both cash stays instead of using points/credits) to add more days. You can also trade into DVC with it through Interval (usually just SSR and OKW, although I have also used it to trade into AUL and BWV, and was even offered a week at VGC that I turned down and am still mad at myself for). Trading a week costs about $900 in dues and a $229 exchange fee for a week. It’s cheaper than paying the dues at those resorts. You can also trade into Marriott for the same prices. It’s a great addition to round out the timeshare portfolio, but better if you’re on the west coast.

I say we wait for the actual price after incentives and see where we are at. It may be primed for large "discount" to help with sales and fomo to buy larger onset of points. MF is super high I agree but that is broken down in the reports so there is not much DVD can profit from it as the MF is used on the property.
I'm curious what they will do. I think the raise to $217 recently for current resorts and now opening this at $230 is weird. I'm wondering if they'll make it $217 to start with more discounts as you go larger, but only until public sale. Most existing DVC owners aren't in California so that knowledge that it will go up for sure in a few days could be enough to sway people on the fence with FOMO. Those buying new for the most part are likely in California and are not in any way interested in the $217 Fl resorts so the difference won't mean as much to them and they'll be in or out for VDL only.

facebook twitter