VDH Points Chart is Live!

Which is odd, because Dolphin's Cove also appears to be located within the city limits of Anaheim. It is on Orangewood east of Katella.
Orangewood east of Harbor. Yeah, that's still Anaheim, but that whole area bordering Garbage Grove is all janky apartments, and that place looks like a dump as well.

dolphin.png

Across the street:

janky.png

But at Anaheim, it is paid by the guest at check out. At Dolphins the guest has no bill at the end.
Maybe the tax only kicks in at properties of a certain size? Dolphins Cove is really small. Or maybe the properties already in existence before the tax was enacted are exempt?

Orangewood east of Harbor. Yeah, that's still Anaheim, but that whole area bordering Garbage Grove is all janky apartments, and that place looks like a dump as well.

View attachment 754466

Across the street:

View attachment 754467
I’ve stayed there multiple times. It’s definitely not fancy, but it is updated and clean enough and safe enough for a comfortable stay. And a one-bedroom with a full kitchen for $80 in peak season? Worth it to me, since we spend our whole stay at the actual parks. If we were in a location where I planned to be on property a lot, I might opt for something nicer. I’ll stay here at Disneyland and save my splurge for the two-bedroom at Aulani.

The ticket offer, though, wasn’t tickets includes as part of the POS. They were the equivalent of today‘s incentives,..an incentive given as part of the purchase….for 1/2 the occupancy of the room. So, if you had 4 guests in a studio or 1 bedroom, you were given two.

I know it’s seems technical, but people see that and think everyone was given it as part of the contract…
I understand the technicality. I was commenting more broadly about the changes in the DVC experience over the years. Most people are unfamiliar with the POS. All they see is what they experience and get from being a DVC member. My argument is that for those that are used to being a member in the last 5 years, all these new changes with VDH may be a seismic shift like others I’ve mentioned.

I’ve stayed there multiple times. It’s definitely not fancy, but it is updated and clean enough and safe enough for a comfortable stay. And a one-bedroom with a full kitchen for $80 in peak season? Worth it to me, since we spend our whole stay at the actual parks. If we were in a location where I planned to be on property a lot, I might opt for something nicer. I’ll stay here at Disneyland and save my splurge for the two-bedroom at Aulani.
Totally understand, just making sure no one is comparing a converted townhome complex from 1970-something to literally any of the DVC locations, or even that new Worldmark tower on Katella.

It’s definitely not fancy, but it is updated and clean enough and safe enough for a comfortable stay.
I’ve been there in a 3BR but it’s been a while. Perfectly adequate, especially for the points. The point charts are quite a bit easier on the wallet than CW/WM Anaheim.

In other words I’m reminded of the Unofficial Guide line: Every satisfaction survey question has an implied “…for what I paid.” Tacked onto the end of it.

Which is odd, because Dolphin's Cove also appears to be located within the city limits of Anaheim. It is on Orangewood east of Katella.
I agree it is odd, but the WM TOT list includes nothing about paying a TOT at Dolphin's Cove. Only thing I can think of is it is an older place than the WM Anaheim tower on Katella and maybe it's exempt due to its age?

IMHO the Mouse got too greedy with VDH. $9+ MF from the outset, adding per night taxes, paid parking, +$13 per point opening sales price above the other new DVC resorts, high point chart with new California seasons that don't apply to VGC (I was expecting the higher point chart).

I was hopeful but should have known better with Disney+ losing $1 billion per earnings report. The Mouse needs more money and it needs it now.

IMHO the Mouse got too greedy with VDH. $9+ MF from the outset, adding per night taxes, paid parking, +$13 per point opening sales price above the other new DVC resorts, high point chart with new California seasons that don't apply to VGC (I was expecting the higher point chart).

I was hopeful but should have known better with Disney+ losing $1 billion per earnings report. The Mouse needs more money and it needs it now.
I say we wait for the actual price after incentives and see where we are at. It may be primed for large "discount" to help with sales and fomo to buy larger onset of points. MF is super high I agree but that is broken down in the reports so there is not much DVD can profit from it as the MF is used on the property.

Totally understand, just making sure no one is comparing a converted townhome complex from 1970-something to literally any of the DVC locations, or even that new Worldmark tower on Katella.
True. Not in the same ballpark even remotely.

To be clear, you’re going to pay the tax in a regular hotel room as well. So if you are looking at the Disney rate on the website, it says EXCLUDING TAX.

When I ran my a random day in August a standard bedroom was $600 a night. That DOES NOT include tax or parking. At 15% that tax is $90 a night.

I was thinking about this, and of course, you're absolutely right, hotel rooms incur taxes as well. I suppose it's partly that I think of DVC as a savings on room rates (because I've paid an upfront price for the points). At Aulani for example, I *rented* points for a cost savings of maybe around $1,300 for the 4 nights, so while there was still TOT, I felt as though I'd at least saved off rack rate. Owning my own points gives all the more savings. But stays at VDH incurring TOT closer to rack rate pricing ... seems a bit nuts. Then again, maybe rack rate is actually going to be insane.

I say we wait for the actual price after incentives and see where we are at. It may be primed for large "discount" to help with sales and fomo to buy larger onset of points. MF is super high I agree but that is broken down in the reports so there is not much DVD can profit from it as the MF is used on the property.

This make no sense unless you don't actually do math and think through your purchase. The long term costs on DVC are wrapped up in the MFs and now this Transient Tax. Saving money up front is not going to lighten that load especially because that generally involves buying more points which make your long term costs higher.

If this wasn't true Hilton Head and Vero would be SAP!

This make no sense unless you don't actually do math and think through your purchase. The long term costs on DVC are wrapped up in the MFs and now this Transient Tax. Saving money up front is not going to lighten that load especially because that generally involves buying more points which make your long term costs higher.

But there is a reason HH and Vero has high MF as they are beach resorts, maybe there is something VDH has that is going to cost a lot of money, if it is justified then it is what it is, if there is something shady I am sure DVC nerds will tease it out. I admit I do not do a lot math nor think about my DVC purchases but DVC is an emotional purchase for me. I do finance IRL and I know DVC math will not made sense for my family but I want DVC!

But there is a reason HH and Vero has high MF as they are beach resorts, maybe there is something VDH has that is going to cost a lot of money, if it is justified then it is what it is, if there is something shady I am sure DVC nerds will tease it out. I admit I do not do a lot math nor think about my DVC purchases but DVC is an emotional purchase for me. I do finance IRL and I know DVC math will not made sense for my family but I want DVC!

You were arguing that we should wait until they release incentives to see what it ends up at. I'm saying that incentives are not going to help your long term costs especially on the amount of points required for decent incentives. Incentives only help you on your initial sunken costs to join.

It’s all part of the package and needs to be looked at holistically. I definitely think aggressive incentives could swing the needle (don’t think it will happen though). In my mind both, both Hilton Head and Vero could be SAP points for the right price, they just aren’t at that price.

Although the initial price isn’t going to be the largest cost over the course of 50 years, it by far has the biggest impact on current cash flow, which is important.

And I know some people don’t consider it, but the time value of money does factor in. Most people who have $35k lying around for a DVC purchase have it in some type of income generating account, and anything pulled from that account to buy DVC is no longer going to be generating that same income. A $6k savings now may be an additional $9k in your pocket in 10 years.

I wonder what the future looks for the other resorts.
The Disney company has loss a loss of power in both FLA and CA.
They have don't have many friends in goverment of either states .
How hard would it be to change the 'rules' so these features ( parking/tax/MF) spread to ALL resorts

I wonder what the future looks for the other resorts.
The Disney company has loss a loss of power in both FLA and CA.
They have don't have many friends in goverment of either states .
How hard would it be to change the 'rules' so these features ( parking/tax/MF) spread to ALL resorts
My greatest fear. Is VDH the beginning of a new model? POS experts chime in please!

My greatest fear. Is VDH the beginning of a new model? POS experts chime in please!
I know. That's what I was thinking. VDH was never a consideration for us but Poly2 is our next target for buying in direct. Now I'm nervous... should I just buy Poly1 resale now?

facebook twitter