VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wait a few weeks before I can switch from BWV to VB...my 7 month window opens then. So....should I be overly concerned about not being able to get what I want at VB?? Hoping that Sept 1 isn't going to be overly busy and I can get my four nights there....really looking forward to it!!! Very excited. Besides, I don't think my dh is going to be happy if I tell him he has to spend an entire week at WDW!!!!

I have to wait a few weeks before I can switch from BWV to VB...my 7 month window opens then. So....should I be overly concerned about not being able to get what I want at VB?? Hoping that Sept 1 isn't going to be overly busy and I can get my four nights there....really looking forward to it!!! Very excited. Besides, I don't think my dh is going to be happy if I tell him he has to spend an entire week at WDW!!!!

Hmmm... Sure would like to say don't be worried, but that is Labor Day weekend and considered by many to be the last opportunity to hit the beach for the summer. I wish you good luck. If you have the points you should walk it through, meaning reserve the full week before including your first day of your stay as the last day of the reservation, then call the next day and cancel the first day and add the next day, and so on. If you are successful cancel the remaining days you don't really want. I'm assuming this is still allowed.

Edit: Just realized you're mod w/43k posts. I'm probably not enlightening you to anything new. :)

We will arrive at VBR next weekend for our very first stay! :cool1: Traveling from MCO to VBR how much $$ should we prepare to have for tolls?

We just drove from Vero Beach back to Orlando this past December.

We used our Sunpass and these are the charges and locations on our invoice:
Curry Ford lane ($0.82)
Bee LIne lane ($0.87)
PINE HILLS (M) ($1.09)
CONWAY (M) ($1.09)
DALLAS (M) ($0.75)

We got off the Bee Line just before the airport and headed north, so the last three charges may not apply to you. But I think there is another charge just before the airport.

In January we drove from Disneyworld to the cruise port, which is pretty close to the route you will probably take.

EASTBOUND:
Beeline West ($0.50)
Airport lane ($1.00)
Bee LIne lane ($1.50)

WESTBOUND:
Beeline West ($0.50)
Airport lane ($1.00)
Bee LIne lane ($1.50)

If you are going directly from MCO, you will miss the Beeline West toll, I believe. Sunpass also gives a discount, so those prices might be on the low side, but I think in January there were no discounts.

And since I have the information in front of me, here are the times we hit those tolls. I only mention it because for a while it will seem like they are coming up fast and furious. But once you get passed Beeline West, there are no more.
Eastbound - 10:39 / 10:44 / 10:50
Westbound - 9:55 / 10:01 / 10:05

Hmmm... Sure would like to say don't be worried, but that is Labor Day weekend and considered by many to be the last opportunity to hit the beach for the summer. I wish you good luck. If you have the points you should walk it through, meaning reserve the full week before including your first day of your stay as the last day of the reservation, then call the next day and cancel the first day and add the next day, and so on. If you are successful cancel the remaining days you don't really want. I'm assuming this is still allowed.

Edit: Just realized you're mod w/43k posts. I'm probably enlightening you to anything new. :)
Oh, have no worries. VB is something new to me, so I can use all the info I can get!!!! I already have BWV booked for the entire time, so hopefully can get started on that Sunday of Labor Day weekend at VB...otherwise, I'll be driving from W Palm Beach to WDW...which will not make my dh happy!!!!

Turtle Nest Monitoring at Vero last May...
232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C7%3Enu%3D3233%3E684%3E678%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3A%3C83757338nu0mrj

We will FINALLY get to Vero Beach this summer! We got our waitlist for a 2 bedroom....June 23 - 30. We are so excited....we live in VA, will drive to NC on the 22nd and spend the night there (my 14 yr old daughter has tickets to One Direction concert) then head to Vero from there. We have driven to DW many times....how much longer is the drive from DW? Its me, DH, DD, DD's Friend and HOPEFULLY my son(who graduates high school this summer) and his friend. First timers at Vero....SO excited!!! Thanks for this wonderful informative thread!

Edit: Just realized you're mod w/43k posts. I'm probably not enlightening you to anything new. :)
Yay!!! Just called and modified our reservation...all booked for VB from Sunday, Sept 1 to Wednesday the 4th!!! Nice ocean view inn room. My dh is going to be sooo happy!!! I can't wait to get there and relax for a few days oceanside!! Thanks for all the great info you all.

Getting really close to our 90 day mark for our Vero Beach trip. Really looking forward to sunshine and waves!!:beach:

Yay!!! Just called and modified our reservation...all booked for VB from Sunday, Sept 1 to Wednesday the 4th!!! Nice ocean view inn room. My dh is going to be sooo happy!!! I can't wait to get there and relax for a few days oceanside!! Thanks for all the great info you all.
See you in Sept! :) Labor Day week, along with Memorial Day week, is one of my traditional weeks to visit Vero. Can't think of a better way to celebrate the unofficial beginning and end of summer. :)

See you in Sept! :) Labor Day week, along with Memorial Day week, is one of my traditional weeks to visit Vero. Can't think of a better way to celebrate the unofficial beginning and end of summer. :)
As I sit here in Pompano Beach, watching the sun come up over the Atlantic, I get more and more excited about my VB stay in Sept!!! Hope to touch base with you. Perhaps you can give me some tips on where to eat/what to do in our short 4 day there!!!

So excited!! DH just told me he definitely wants to return to Vero this October. We were there in an OVIR in October 2010 and October 2011. In October 2012 we used our points to take DS and DDiL to a 2 BR BCV for F & W.
We have invited DS and DDiL to join as in Vero in October. I have to wait 4- 5 weeks for the 7 month window. If they come we will be in a 2 BR, but DH decided if they don't come we will return to an OVIR.
We are looking at either the first or the second week in October.
I too am wondering about the "cliff" to reach the beach. How is it now?

We arrive on Sept 1, Sunday. I really want a nice dinner for dh and myself. It looks like Sonya's is open only on our first night. Should I plan on making reservations for that night??? It is Labor Day weekend, so not sure if it might be busier.
And if I should make reservations, how to best do that?? Should I call MS?

We just booked five nights at VB in a Inn - Garden View room for June 1st. We usually go to HHI and had ressies there for Sept. but decided to change to VB for June instead, mainly because our DD is getting married a couple of weeks earlier in May and we felt like we would need a little getaway ourselves after the wedding. Plus we didn't want to wait until Sept. to go to the beach. We've never stayed at VB, but did take a tour of it one time on our way down to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise. We are very excited about this trip.

A question - what is the golf course situation at VB? I'd love to play a round while down there in June. Any public courses with reasonable rates nearby? Thanks.

We arrive on Sept 1, Sunday. I really want a nice dinner for dh and myself. It looks like Sonya's is open only on our first night. Should I plan on making reservations for that night??? It is Labor Day weekend, so not sure if it might be busier.

I would recommend making a reservation if you want to ensure going to Sonya's. An option that my DH and I enjoy is: http://www.citrusgrillhouse.com/mainmenu.htm if you don't mind a drive about 15 min. south of the resort.

We found last year that right after Labor Day weekend there are some fantastic restaurant deals. Many were early bird specials, but the prices made it worth dining so early. I wish I could remember the name of the Lobby Concierge Cast Member who gave us great dining recommendations last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter