VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be a little tight. It is basically a good sized hotel room with a kitchenette. It has a dorm type fridge, sink, microwave, and coffee maker. It has a balcony where you can sit when your son naps. We requested top floor building 12 and had a nice view of the ocean. I will send you a PM if you want pictures of the room.

Thank you so much! We played with some dates and found a Oceanside inn room that looks a bit roomier. I'm glad bass on your feedback. Thank you!!!

Another question. :).
Found a cheaper flight into Fort Lauderdale instead is West palm or Orlando. According to mapquest it is only 30 more minutes but when I called the from desk she said it could take us from 2 to 4 hours of driving??!!! Has anyone flown into Fort Lauderdale instead?

Another question. :).
Found a cheaper flight into Fort Lauderdale instead is West palm or Orlando. According to mapquest it is only 30 more minutes but when I called the from desk she said it could take us from 2 to 4 hours of driving??!!! Has anyone flown into Fort Lauderdale instead?

Not sure what you are asking... but if you are asking how far Ft. Lauderdale airport is from Vero... you are looking at about a 2.5 hr drive.

Thank you so much! We played with some dates and found a Oceanside inn room that looks a bit roomier. I'm glad bass on your feedback. Thank you!!!

The view will be much better in an inn room. A little closer to the action too.
The deluxe studios are a bit larger than inn rooms though. 15 square feet.

Definitely a 2 1/2 hour ride from Fort Laudedale. MCO has always worked out best for us. Not a bad ride at all.

The view will be much better in an inn room. A little closer to the action too. The deluxe studios are a bit larger than inn rooms though. 15 square feet. Definitely a 2 1/2 hour ride from Fort Laudedale. MCO has always worked out best for us. Not a bad ride at all.

Hmmm when we tried to rethink it to MCO, it was almost $1000 more. :(. We are flying in the afternoon before and thinking about driving an hour or so and staying someplace a little cheaper before driving in the morning to the hotel and spending most of the day at the resort. Now I'm starting to think our "relaxing" vacation isn't worth the money right now. Was a last minute idea during my kindergartener's spring break. Going to keep our reservation for a couple more weeks and keep searching flights. :(

Hmmm when we tried to rethink it to MCO, it was almost $1000 more. :(. We are flying in the afternoon before and thinking about driving an hour or so and staying someplace a little cheaper before driving in the morning to the hotel and spending most of the day at the resort. Now I'm starting to think our "relaxing" vacation isn't worth the money right now. Was a last minute idea during my kindergartener's spring break. Going to keep our reservation for a couple more weeks and keep searching flights. :(
If you are renting a car, the drive up from FTL is easy on 95. I live in that area. If you can get a flight out of PB, that's even closer. You could spend a night in FTL and drive up in the morning. A thousand dollar difference is huge. See how much one way flights are. Maybe you can fly in and out of diff airports. I believe it's about an hour and a half or so to Orlando from Vero.

Wow! I just read all of the posts. Thanks for the info. We were able to get a 2br for the end ofJuly this am! Excited! We will be bringing my parents and both of our teens are bringing a friend each. Looking forward to a relaxing vacation. This will be our 2nd trip using our DVC.

Can someone please explain to difference between dedicated and lock off at vero? Does one have a chance at a better view? The CM on the phone said she thinks all of the 2br are non ocean view rooms. She also said that both types of rooms have a queen and pull out for the second bedroom. I was hoping for 2 queens. Thanks for your help. This is new to me. I am knowledgeable about DCL and the parks info, but feel helpless regarding Vero!

Can someone please explain to difference between dedicated and lock off at vero? Does one have a chance at a better view? The CM on the phone said she thinks all of the 2br are non ocean view rooms. She also said that both types of rooms have a queen and pull out for the second bedroom. I was hoping for 2 queens. Thanks for your help. This is new to me. I am knowledgeable about DCL and the parks info, but feel helpless regarding Vero!

The dedicated rooms are most likely NOT to have a view. If you go to the first post of this thread there is a floor layout that will show you the lock-off units are closest to the ocean. If you are on the third floor and either in building 12 or 15, I think you have a good chance at an ocean view.

Got a PM from a VB friend a few weeks back. I have been away and just saw it tonight. Maybe he/she will take over the thread for 2014... How about some loving words of encouragement for RSHEALAND :grouphug: No pressure here, of course. :)

Thank you! I switch dates this am and only a lock off was available. Glad now! Maybe I will luck out with a nice view.

Got a PM from a VB friend a few weeks back. I have been away and just saw it tonight. Maybe he/she will take over the thread for 2014... How about some loving words of encouragement for RSHEALAND :grouphug: No pressure here, of course. :)
RSHEALAND, we would love to have you take over the thread for 2014. I promise to be supportive and as helpful as possible if you would be so awesome as to give Rob a break and keep our Vero Beach love alive for another year. :lovestruc:love:

I was bummed too, but the dedicated 2 bedrooms at VB do only have 1 queen and a sleeper sofa in the second bedroom. They do have the sleeper chair in the living room besides the sleeper sofa.

Bobbi:)

About the cups, I'm wondering if I purchase one in WDW at OKW for 14 days will I be able to use it at Vero? We are doing WDW/DCL/Vero starting 10/31. :rolleyes:

Did you end up trying the mugs at Vero? I was wondering the same thing...we'll be getting the mugs in September at BLT for length of stay & heading to Vero w/in the 14 days.

Does anyone know if the RFID are connected?

This will be our first stay at VB!! Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter