VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to concur with Bobbi & Linda. At least your first few stays need to be an ocean view room. It is so relaxing and soothing to see and hear the surf. And the sunrises right from your balcony.

Let me demonstrate...

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

:)
Okay, okay....I'm booking the OVIR!!! That will pretty much be my view from my dad/step-mom's condo in Pompano Beach in a few weeks!!! I love that view. So will be booking it at VB as well.
Thanks guys!!

We will be heading to Vero Beach in May for 2 days before our Disney cruise.

- We will be renting a car at MCO. Any hints/tips for the drive? (Or for renting a car since it's our first time to do that?)
- What is your favorite place to eat, and do I need to make reservations? If so, then when?
- Since we will only be there for two days, what are your 'do not miss this' activities?
- How easy is it to get around town? I know we'll definitely want to stop at a grocery store to pick up a few things.
- Am I going to need to pack beach towels or are there plenty of towels in the room? We are going to have so much luggage already for the cruise, that I hate to take up more space if I don't have to. If needed, I can probably grab some old towels from home that we can throw out at the end of the trip. :scratchin

- We will be renting a car at MCO. Any hints/tips for the drive? (Or for renting a car since it's our first time to do that?)
- What is your favorite place to eat, and do I need to make reservations? If so, then when?
- Since we will only be there for two days, what are your 'do not miss this' activities?
- How easy is it to get around town? I know we'll definitely want to stop at a grocery store to pick up a few things.
- Am I going to need to pack beach towels or are there plenty of towels in the room? We are going to have so much luggage already for the cruise, that I hate to take up more space if I don't have to. If needed, I can probably grab some old towels from home that we can throw out at the end of the trip. :scratchin

• The drive from MCO to Vero is pretty straightforward, just follow the standard directions and you should be fine.
  • For dining we usually hit Squid Lips or the Sand Bar at Captain Hiram's at least once during our visits to Vero. The Sand Bar often has live music in the evenings so it can be a lot of fun and will keep the kiddos entertained while you are enjoying dinner. If you like breakfast out, our favorite place is Country Eggs and Ham on US1. And of course you also have Shutters, Sonyas, Bleachers and the Green Cabin Room right at the resort.
  • With only 2 days, I suggest simply relaxing and enjoying the beach and pool at the resort. However, if you want to explore the area, I recommend McKee Gardens and the Mel Fisher Treasure Museum as some fun, budget friendly options.
  • For groceries, there is a Publix located at the intersection of 512 and 510, right on the way to the resort, where we usually stop to pick up any items that we need. No liquor store though so if you are looking for any alcoholic beverages besides beer and wine you'll want to stop elsewhere. There is another Publix on US1 that has a small liquor store in the same strip. It is about a mile north of the Wabasso Causeway. Remember not to overdo it with the groceries since you will not be able to bring any opened food items onto the ship.
  • While I prefer to bring my own beach towels (which is easier for me since I'm only about 1.5 hours from the resort), you will have sufficient beach towels in your room/villa. In a studio, inn room or 1BR you'll have 4 beach/pool towels. More in a 2BR or a Beach Cottage. If they get icky, you can visit Ebb & Flo's to trade them in for fresh towels.
Also, don't forget to check out the first post in this thread. It is choc-a-block full of great information about the resort and local area thanks to DisDaydreamer, his predecessors and all the contributors.

We are excited to be going to Vero Beach this August:cool1: 2nd trip for me...1st with the family. August 15-19 2013 in a 1-bedroom. Celebrating the adoption of our little one!!pirate: Then 10 nights @ WDW.:cheer2:

We went for our first trip last April. It was DW and I. We rented a car at MCO. Here's what we did and it worked great.
Rented a car through Priceline name your own price. I booked a car through Priceline or Travelocity without having to give a credit card first. Then about a week before the trip I did the name your own price to try and save some money. We saved about $100. I've rented cars through the Priceline name your own price many times and never had a problem.​
We stopped by the Disney Cruise Line port on our way out of town and took some pictures of the ships. Then we stopped in Cocoa Beach and visited Ron Jon's Surf Shop.​
Since you only have two days at Vero Beach I would get there as soon as possible and don't worry too much about leaving. It's a great resort to spend time at.​
Round Island Riverside Park is a must do as far as we are concerned if you want to see manatees in the wild. It's a small yet very nice park where you can easily see manatees swimming round.​

Has anyone done any fishing while at VB? DH and DSs loved the excursions at HHI. Just wondering if VB offered them as well.

Thanks!

Hey,

I'm new to these boards and tried to search the previous threads but couldn't fine much on this. planning to maybe go to vero beach resort in april with my wife and 18 month old. Will there be much for him to do there?
I saw the current activities list and doesn't seem like much for under 3.
is there a play area? playground? Also can kiddies that aren't potty trained use any of the pool/water areas?

Thanks for any help.

Roll Call, we are going down March 31st to April 3rd after Disney Cruise. We are owners at VB and this is our 2nd trip. :goodvibes

tchrrx said:

Hi there! First, unless you plan to eat right at the resort you need a car to get anyplace... Nothing decent is within walking distance from VBR. If you like fish/seafood try Squid Lips in Sebastian, which is just north. The place is on a pier and looks like a dive but the food is absolutely incredible. We eat there every time we go to VB. no reservations needed. The resort is not in town, so again, a rental car makes life much easier. You do not need to pack any beach towels, the resort provides towels for the beach and of course there are towels at the pool. Our last trip there was for a week this past June for our anniversary, and while there we renewed our wedding vows on the beach. Most definitely an amazing trip! Have a wonderful trip!

Need a break from the theme park vacations, so I'm headed down to VB for the first time 4/20-27 with wife, kids and SOs, and grand son. Wondering how the beach is looking after the storms and if it's suitable for (and has room for) sand castles?

My wife and I were just there over Christmas.

Beach was fine, with plenty of space to relax and play. Sand wasn't as soft as on the gulf, but still nothing to complain about.

Being that it was winter, the beach wasn't really very crowded. But I guess closer to the summer it can get busier.

The surf was pretty close to the "cliff" (about 40 feet or so most of the time). But the beach was also pretty wide. From both extents of the resort plus a little bit of the open space between the neighboring resorts.

My friends were there last weekend and made a sand sea turtle on the beach. So depending on the time of day/tides there is the possibility for sand sculptures.

Of course, if you're visiting during sea turtle nesting season, please be sure to topple your sand castle before leaving the beach so as not to disturb a nesting female's journey up the sand later that night.

Ate in Mulligan's in VB last night! Great food! We ate outside and a gas campfire and the sound of the waves made great atmosphere too!:thumbsup2

Hot tub is closed this week because it's being made HA.

Weather has been great for the pool, at first I was disappointed that I was here when the work was being done, but, well, I am glad the HA issue is being addressed.

Staff is great. Called to find out where to take trash...was told that they would pick it up, I said, "no,lease tell me." The reply was that they would come, they were glad to do it. I now know it is in the garage, but still, it WAS nice to have it picked up!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We bought 1/8th bushel of Honeybelles at Hale groves yesterday...absolutely delicious, juicy fruit! Plant City strawberries, bananas, and honeybelles make a wonderful fruit salad!

We have gone 3 times all pre cruise and plan to go again in Oct. it is wonderful precruise stay Nd very easy to get to PC or even Miami where our cruise will sell out of. It is relaxing we just tend to hangout at the pool and play mini golf. They do have a great seafood buffett and character breakfast the buffett is on Thursday night and Sat for the characters.

[IMG said:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/arizonaborn/IMG_0102.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_0097.jpg

:)

Rob,
Thanks for starting the thread for 2013. Going to miss the pictures above in 2013... going to Aulani as a trade off.

Dave
Aka: Mahusky

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter