Vancouver Suggestions?

They also had poutine at the Costco café across from the BC Place domed stadium. Poutine is the food that Canada is know for!

Have a great cruise!

MUN
American Costco members can get into Canadian Costcos, then, I assume? (Poutine sounds way more exciting than the pizza and hot dogs we have.)

American Costco members can get into Canadian Costcos, then, I assume? (Poutine sounds way more exciting than the pizza and hot dogs we have.)

Yes you can use your American Costco membership at Canadian Costco stores. I live in Vancouver and we use our CDN Costco membership when we go down to Washington and Oregon.

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a fabulous cruise! Please report back when you get the chance . . . we're sailing out of Vancouver in July, and are also staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. Would appreciate any feedback/advice you can give! :)

However your American Visa cards will not be accepted for purchases.... you need to have MasterCard.

I think they will still allow you make a deposit in the restrooms if you have your Costco membership card.

However your American Visa cards will not be accepted for purchases.... you need to have MasterCard.

I think they will still allow you make a deposit in the restrooms if you have your Costco membership card.
LOL at that last part, quite literally LOL!! :)

Actually that card part works out for me. I wish American Costcos would take Mastercard!

So question. Where I live the Costco has a box of coconut water (costco brand). I was planning on stopping in and getting some before our cruise because I can't stand the Zico Coconut water. Does anyone know if the Vancouver Costco might have this?

To clarify.... most Costco concessions stands (love the Polish combo) require a membership to enter the store and place an order. The Vancouver Costco is a rare one that allows you to make and consume concession food purchases without a Costco membership. HOWEVER, you need a membership to use the facilities (don't need to use a credit card). While the staff are not armed, they do ask for a membership card for deposits.... especially after those large drinks. For those of us with weak bladders.... you need to plan ahead.... may be worth getting that membership.

I so miss the American Excess.

To clarify.... most Costco concessions stands (love the Polish combo) require a membership to enter the store and place an order. The Vancouver Costco is a rare one that allows you to make and consume concession food purchases without a Costco membership. HOWEVER, you need a membership to use the facilities (don't need to use a credit card). While the staff are not armed, they do ask for a membership card for deposits.... especially after those large drinks. For those of us with weak bladders.... you need to plan ahead.... may be worth getting that membership.

I so miss the American Excess.
The downtown Costco is right across from Vancouver's domed stadium. The cafe is sort of outside, it's kind of like an alternative concession stand for the stadium.

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a fabulous cruise! Please report back when you get the chance . . . we're sailing out of Vancouver in July, and are also staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. Would appreciate any feedback/advice you can give! :)
We have loved the Fairmont Waterfront! It has been a great location for everything we wanted to do while we were here! I plan to do a trip report but will be sure to post the navigators and basic info when we get back!

My favorite thing to do in Vancouver is biking around the sea wall in Stanley Park.

We've also done the Capiliano Suspension Bridge park and Grouse Mountain (I think these are worth doing if you've never done them before with the caveat that the suspension bridge gets crowded by late morning).

If you've never been to British Columbia (BC) before and you have the time, I highly recommend taking some extra days to explore some of the attractions outside of greater Vancouver. In my opinion, BC is one of the best (and most underrated) North American tourist destinations, especially during the summer.

For example, for our upcoming trip this summer, we're planning to spend six nights in BC pre-cruise. On the morning of the first full day of our vacation, we plan to bike around the Stanely Park sea wall. Next, we plan to go up to Whistler for two nights (the drive between Vancouver and Whistler is among the most beautiful in North America) during which time we plan to rike the Peak-to-Peak tram (and perhaps do a few other things in the area). After Whistler, we plan to take the ferry over to Vancouver Island and spend two nights in Victoria, during which time we plan to visit Butchart Gardens, which is among my favorite places in the world. After Victoria, we plan to take the ferry back to Vancouver and go to Fly Over Canada the night before the cruise.

What is Flyover Canada?
a new downtown attraction at the North end of the cruise terminal. Popular for it's location near the adjacent hotels. I like recommend going to Fly Over in the evening (closes at 9pm) when most other activities are shutting down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!