Value vs. Moderate

I would go to Caribbean Beach Resort for a few reasons: Although we LOVED Pop Century, it is seriously challenging to get a single stroller in the room. One of us would have to go in, hold the door and suck in our tummy just to have enough room to let the stroller get by. The time we brought our double tandem stroller was definitely worse. We had to fold it up BEFORE bringing it into the room. There is just not enough space. We have had tons of fun there ...three stays at pop Century now, but have decided not to go back until we are out of strollers .

I LOVE Caribbean Beach Resort because they have a pirate ship section by the main pool and it is great for toddlers. It's gated so I didn't have to worry about my little crazy monkey running away from me and falling into the pool. It had 1Ft deep water and way more relaxing for me, knowing that he was safe, and that most of the other people there had toddlers and were fine with their craziness :) We were kind of all watching each other's kids and making sure they came down the slides and up the stairs okay. Then right next to it was the main pool with the big water slide and deep water that my hubby and 5 year old went to.

The main pool does have the zero elevation entrance so we could let our youngest one go in a bit and then we'd have him stop, and it was great for our five year old who was not yet a strong swimmer to have him swim at a depth that was challenging but not scary to him.

If you choose CBR I would consider the Preferred rooms so they are closer to the pool and restaurants, especially if it will be hot when you go.

I agree with this 100%! We stayed at CBR when my DS was 2 and he LOVED it. The pool area is just amazing for small kids and the subtle Finding Nemo theme in the rooms is really cute. CBR also has the largest rooms of all the mods.

I also agree with another PP who said the biggest difference between the Values and the Mods is noise level. All of our stays at Mods have been very quiet (CBR, POR, POFQ) and all of our stays at Values (all 3 All Stars) have been very noisy.

If you do decide to stay at a Value bring a noise machine or small fan to help block out the noise at night. Our last trip was at ASMovies and our last night DS kept getting woken up and was actually crying because he was so tired. :guilty:

We stayed at a Moderate and some family members stayed a Value, the big difference for us when we returned to the resort we got a break from everything Disney, but while visiting at the Value we did not get that feeling. It was nice to be able to stroll along the river in the evenings and enjoy the landscape at Port Orleans. The other bonus for us as we stayed at POFQ last trip was the ability to take a relaxing boat ride to Down Town Disney to eat or shop if we felt the need.

In fact the ability to enjoy the river and the local landscaping with all it has to offer was the deciding factor to stay at POR in April.

We stayed at Carribean Beach resort. It was much more wuite and less crowded then the values I've stayed in. I had a 12 month old at the time and didn't want to stay out late so we would come back to the hotel early and set on the beach and let the baby play in the sand. There usually was nobody else on the beach. It was so relaxing and you could see some fireworks from epot!

I also like having the fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter