Vaccine Passport

I wish we had a family doctor. Almost 2 years since ours retired and no luck finding a new one. Even if yours does not keep great records just remember something is better than nothing.

Not sure about your doctor but mine is on the money. I received a call about six weeks ago to book an appointment to get two vaccines that were due, I never would have known. While I was there she checked my records to make sure I was up to date on my tetanus shot. I have a follow up appointment for a booster shot I apparently need that she booked me in for.
I have found this level of maintenance for not only myself but for all members of my family. If your doctor doesn't keep good records maybe it's time to look for a new one. I would not be happy if I could not call and get the information I needed within hours.

I wish we had a family doctor. Almost 2 years since ours retired and no luck finding a new one. Even if yours does not keep great records just remember something is better than nothing.

Definitely. We are very lucky to have him, and he's been great honestly.

Sounds like discrimination to me. No business should be able to refuse entry to people because of their medical history.

How is it discrimination though? It's no different than businesses not allowing people who can't wear masks, which they are fully allowed to do. A business is under NO legal obligation to put themselves in harm's way just to serve you, no matter what your medical history is.

How is it discrimination though? It's no different than businesses not allowing people in who can't wear masks - they are fully allowed to. A business is under NO legal obligation to put themselves in harms way just to serve you, no matter what your medical history is.
I agree with you. Plus that reason is used by people who don't have true medical reasons. Some just don't want to do it and use that excuse. Sadly they ruin it for the ones who truly do need it.

Our Chief Medical Health Officer, Dr. Strang, has a 15-year old son who is Autistic and cannot wear a mask. He mentioned it at one of their press briefings when mandatory masks came into play and reporters were trying to find loopholes.

But what is the difference in exposure at the mall/groceries vs travel/concerts? What makes one set better than the other?

EXACTLY. It makes no sense. You can easily reopen concerts, stadiums and theatres with social distancing. So... just keep it that way till it's safe to not do so.

There's really no point in requiring this for a relatively few things while everyone else can go crowd into Costco, Walmart, the grocery store without one. Or heck - school and work!

I don't think theyll be able to require them for things like work or getting groceries. It'll be for things considered to be a privilege, like travel or concerts.

a couple days ago I read an interesting analysis by a prominent Ontario employment lawyer (hegenerally represents employees).
He thinks a good argument can be made for workplaces and schools to mandate covid vaccination with no exceptions *during the pandemic* to be allowed to attend the workplace (vs WFH) or in person school. He believes it would withstand court and human rights challenges.

When the pandemic emergency ends exemptions would need to be available, such as for those who medically cannot have the vaccine, if the vaccination requirement were to continue.

cited as precedent was eg requiring students to be vaccinated against measles to attend school during a measles outbreak (no exceptions allowed).

so I would Not assume that workplaces and schools will not at some point require vaccination at least until the pandemic is declared over (and possibly beyond but with a loosening of rules).

a couple days ago I read an interesting analysis by a prominent Ontario employment lawyer (hegenerally represents employees).
He thinks a good argument can be made for workplaces and schools to mandate covid vaccination with no exceptions *during the pandemic* to be allowed to attend the workplace (vs WFH) or in person school. He believes it would withstand court and human rights challenges.

When the pandemic emergency ends exemptions would need to be available, such as for those who medically cannot have the vaccine, if the vaccination requirement were to continue.

cited as precedent was eg requiring students to be vaccinated against measles to attend school during a measles outbreak (no exceptions allowed).

so I would Not assume that workplaces and schools will not at some point require vaccination at least until the pandemic is declared over (and possibly beyond but with a loosening of rules).

The only problem is the federal government, and I believe all provincial governments, have already said they will NOT mandate the vaccine. So, I think they'd have a hard time getting this through.

The only problem is the federal government, and I believe all provincial governments, have already said they will NOT mandate the vaccine. So, I think they'd have a hard time getting this through.

He was not arguing that government would require it, but that workplaces and schools would.

Well, public schools would be government, but them aside, for workplaces he argued it would be workplaces and it would be coming out of their obligation to protect their workers under the labor code.

I have a shellfish allergy and my daughter is deathly allergic to Advil/Ibuprofen.

I think I read if you are allergic to eggs you can't get the flu shot?
I am allergic to Ibuprofen/Advil/Motrin also. I got my first dose of Moderna 2 days ago. Looking at the website, the 2nd dose has a higher rate of side effects. Personally, I felt a bit nauseated and these last couple of days, my arm has been very sore from shoulder to elbow. Other than that, I am fine. Oh, and they had me wait in my car at the facility for 20 minutes to make sure I did not have a severe reaction-they kept my Driver's license while I waited and returned them along with my vaccination card that has the lot # for the vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter