Vaccine Passport

Honestly, I think it is bull$hit, as they are taking control to the next level. I will likely get the shot as I want to be able to travel.
Heck, I don’t even get the flu shot.

And now with this ‘second strain’ of covid, they are going to lock us down even more.

2030, the great reset! Yay

I personally don't have a problem with it, but considering some people might not be able to get a vaccine due to allergies, etc, I could see some human rights challenge against it. But would it be like mask compliance? You don't have to show proof you can't wear one. So that would make this kind of useless then.
Also, reading that snow birds can get the vaccine in Florida along with US residents, if I was a US resident at the end of the line to get a vaccine, that would really tick me off, thinking privileged visitors to my country could get it and be able to participate in these kinds of things before I could.

This is being talked about here in Europe too,

https://www.irishpost.com/news/covi...ecome-reality-for-international-travel-199157
A DIGITAL system to identify which passengers have taken a Covid-19 vaccination is currently in development.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA), which represents major airlines around the world, is drawing up plans to roll out the new platform to be used by airline companies and in airports around the globe.

The system, which could be accessed online, would allow passengers to prove they've received a coronavirus vaccine, thus allowing them to travel safely.

A passenger's vaccination passports would be digitally linked to their regular passport, but it's understood that in order to fly long-haul, flyers will need both passports.

The IATA insist that such a move is necessary in order to safely kick-start the world's tourism industry.

'Testing is the first key to enable international travel without quarantine measures. The second key is the global information infrastructure needed to securely manage, share and verify test data matched with traveler identities in compliance with border control requirements," said IATA CEO Alexandre de Juniac.

With Covid-19 vaccinations on the horizon, reports have been circulating for a number of weeks that airlines could even ban passengers who decide to refuse the injection.

No country has officially declared that they will require arrivals to provide proof of a Covid-19 vaccination, but it's undestood that a number of nations are considering the move, including the likes of Australia and New Zealand.

Last month, Australian airline Qantas announced that it would be looking to implement such a system for all its passengers, in order to guarantee the safety and integrity of Australia's borders.

Ryanair however stressed that they wouldn't be following suit, arguing that requiring passengers flying across Europe to be vaccinated was pointless, because people could just as easily make the same trip in a car or on a train where they wouldn't be required to get a vaccination.

I would be ok with it. The sooner I can get on with life and we can get our economy off life support the better. I want my friends and neighbours in the tourism sector to be able to work and support themselves, I want to travel again , I want to move freely through our daily activities.
There would be allowances for people who absolutely can’t get the vaccine for medical reasons. Just like there has been for people who couldn’t get previous vaccines.

I would be ok with it. But agree if someone can’t get it due to a legitimate medical reason they should be exempt. I think if people have chosen to get vaccinated they should have a little more freedom since it’s no longer a risk to them.

If you are choosing to not get vaccinated. You have to deal with the consequences of that choice. And that means not being allowed places where you can put others at risk.

I would be ok with it. But agree if someone can’t get it due to a legitimate medical reason they should be exempt. I think if people have chosen to get vaccinated they should have a little more freedom since it’s no longer a risk to them.

If you are choosing to not get vaccinated. You have to deal with the consequences of that choice. And that means not being allowed places where you can put others at risk.

In my country we have a mask mandate but there are legitimate reasons why some people can't wear one. In Ireland it is required to get a doctors letter to prove exemption, so I would guess that something similar would be required for the vaccination exemption. And again if people are unwilling to get the proper proof of exemption, they will have to deal with the consequences of that choice.

With how easy it is to fly in and out of a country I personally don't see this as a 'bad' thing. In todays world a virus can travel across the world in hours but not be detected for weeks. We have pretty much seen this happen already. If something like this, very simplistic really, can help prevent this in the future than I have no issues with it. I can actually see this becoming the first of many vaccines needed in a new type of passport. If you want to fly to another country show proof or stay home.
I think this new mRNA platform will be the future of vaccines. It's a base and can be the ready made starter point for anything that comes up but only time will tell.

I personally don't have a problem with it, but considering some people might not be able to get a vaccine due to allergies, etc, I could see some human rights challenge against it. But would it be like mask compliance? You don't have to show proof you can't wear one. So that would make this kind of useless then.
Also, reading that snow birds can get the vaccine in Florida along with US residents, if I was a US resident at the end of the line to get a vaccine, that would really tick me off, thinking privileged visitors to my country could get it and be able to participate in these kinds of things before I could.

I didn't know they were allowing snowbirds to get it! Yes, I agree, as an American, I wouldn't be okay with that.

I would be ok with it. The sooner I can get on with life and we can get our economy off life support the better. I want my friends and neighbours in the tourism sector to be able to work and support themselves, I want to travel again , I want to move freely through our daily activities.
There would be allowances for people who absolutely can’t get the vaccine for medical reasons. Just like there has been for people who couldn’t get previous vaccines.

Yes, the difference being, in NA especially, you've never been required to have a vaccine for anything, other than to attend public school, or occasionally as a job requirement. But to fly, go to a movie, a game, a park etc...

To me the implications of this and the door it opens is massive.

And that means not being allowed places where you can put others at risk.

But where is the line? It really makes no difference if Joe Blow refuses to get vaccinated and doesn't go to the concert, but he continues to go to work every single day, and the grocery store, the post office, the gas station, Walmart etc...

So, if it is limited to airplanes and large venues, it really has limited effectiveness.

I noticed that the article says they're in development but aren't necessarily going to be used, and they did say they're not even sure it will be of any use, since they still don't know how effective the vaccine will actually be, and they still think it's possible for the vaccinated to still transmit.

So it may still never pan out.

Yes, the difference being, in NA especially, you've never been required to have a vaccine for anything, other than to attend public school, or occasionally as a job requirement. But to fly, go to a movie, a game, a park etc...

To me the implications of this and the door it opens is massive.
The implications of what we are living through are massive as well . The economic fallout , the food insecurity, the homelessness.. not to mention the ever climbing numbers of sick and the death we are all becoming numb to .

I do understand the implications , I just think they pale in comparison to the very real crisis we are currently in.

I really hope they don't enforce a "vaccine passport" for a while, like last quarter of 2021 at the earliest. For the sake of not having some people cheat and pay off whatever to get the vaccine in order to travel, when key groups haven't all been vaccinated yet. If they put this in place, you can bet a lot of people will want to cut in line.

I can't wait to travel to Disney again, but I wouldn't even think of getting the vaccine until it's our turn.

The implications of what we are living through are massive as well . The economic fallout , the food insecurity, the homelessness.. not to mention the ever climbing numbers of sick and the death we are all becoming numb to .

I do understand the implications , I just think they pale in comparison to the very real crisis we are currently in.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. The reality is our current situation (while horrible yes) is very temporary. What they are proposing will not be. Also, a vaccine Passport will have no measurable impact whatsoever on the number of sick and dying. It basically is for the benefit of those who want to go have fun.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't enforce a "vaccine passport" for a while, like last quarter of 2021 at the earliest. For the sake of not having some people cheat and pay off whatever to get the vaccine in order to travel, when key groups haven't all been vaccinated yet. If they put this in place, you can bet a lot of people will want to cut in line.

I can't wait to travel to Disney again, but I wouldn't even think of getting the vaccine until it's our turn.

I hadn't even thought of that, but yes, I'm sure that would happen. Though, now that you mention it, I'm sure it's already happening. In a way, snowbirds being able to get vaccinated is a great example. It's not a direct pay off, but...the reality is, they have money, and they've gone to a country where they'll be able to get the vaccine before their own fellow countrymen.

My elderly neighbour is a chemist. He flat out told me one day in our driveways he will NOT be getting either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. He's waiting for the Johnson & Johnson one.

I jokingly told him to let me know which one I should be getting. I'm following the older, wiser one's lead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter