Using the magical express.

Andrew*A

Mouseketeer
hi, we are just going through the process of purchasing a DVC resale contract. Is it true that as a member you can use the magical express from the airport? If so, how does this work when you have booked your flight separately and not part of a package holiday. Do you have to collect your luggage from the plane and then deliver it to the magical express desk?

Yu can use the ME when you stay at a Disney resort. You don't have to be DVC member. There is a way to make the reservation online because at least on DVC site there is a link to ME reservations. You fill it out with flight info and submit. You will get a confirmation and then get luggage tags and a ticket to the ME. If you have tags on your luggage it will go directly to hotel...at least it does for domestic flights. Not sure about international flights. We always do ME but I prefer to get my own bags and bring with on the ME bus. It takes several hours to get your luggage and I would just rather have it with me. You can also call the 800 number and the follow the links to make an ME reservation over phone. Once you get to the bus area it can take from 45 min to well over an hour to get to resort. It depends on how long you have to wait for the next bus and how many resorts the bus stops at before it gets to yours

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know if using the magical express is a free perk for DVC members?

DME is free for anyone staying at a Disney owned resort it's not a specific DVC perk.

You won't get luggage tags or a ticket in the post in the UK.

from the UK you need to collect your bags and take them through customs, we then took them with us, you do have the option of leaving them at the desk at the airport for them to be sent to your room.

If you have a connection flight and arrive at Orlando with a domestic flight, you can also avoid to wait for the luggage at the carousel and go straight to the Magical Express desk. There you can show the receipt of your luggage and they'll take the bags from the carousel and deliver them to your room. However this way it will take even longer to get the bags in your room. If you arrive early and plan to go straight to a park and don't need your bags immediately, it can be convenient, otherwise just take the bags and bring the with you on the bus.

I'm in uk and just got sent 4 luggage tags- each with different Disney characters on in a pack with a Disney World booklet. We go 18 August.

I'm in uk and just got sent 4 luggage tags- each with different Disney characters on in a pack with a Disney World booklet. We go 18 August.

Really? Is this a new thing? Are they shipping tags to foreign visitors?

Really? Is this a new thing? Are they shipping tags to foreign visitors?
Yes we got 4 with a booklet with a map in. I was surprised. I know someone else in UK going same day and they didn't yet get them?

Yes we got 4 with a booklet with a map in. I was surprised. I know someone else in UK going same day and they didn't yet get them?

I'm going to guess they were issued in error. The main issue preventing Disney from providing luggage transfer for international guests is customs clearance - you need to clear your own bags through customs.

Coming from the UK.... You only need to collect your bags if it's a direct flight to Orlando. You need to clear customs.

If you come via an indirect flight, say New York. You will clear customs at New York.

The leg from New York is a domestic flight and you can if you choose have Disney collect your bags. ... Make sure you have the Disney Tags.

Wakey, did you get the plastic Disney address holder tags? They are a standard issue. The Magical Express tags have a barcode on them and your resort pre-printed. You still have to take your bags through Customs.

Last edited:
Wakey, did you get the plastic Disney address holder tags? They are a standard issue. The Magical Express tags have a barcode on them and your resort pre-printed. You still have to take your bags through Customs.
Hi, I'm in the UK. The tags are the ones I photographed- you can write your name and address etc on the back and they have a plastic loop to go through the luggage. Nothing with a barcode on though

Yep, that's not a DME tag, that's just a freebie.

Under normal conditions, clearing customs in Orlando on the way to your resort is the same as clearing customs prior to that time from the point of view of Magical Express.

Synopsis: In the customs station, get your bags, have them inspected, put on the yellow DME tags if not already, then put the bags on the other conveyor belt (or an agent will take them) for continuing travel including DME.

Irregularities: Sometimes the Orlando agent will require that you carry your bags out of the customs station. Sometimes the agent will require that you put your bags on the other conveyor belt and, if it is past 10 PM or you are not going to Disney you will have to claim your bags yet again at the carousels

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts