• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US Gold Buyers dot com - Are they safe and are they fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
I think it was here on the buget board that I saw a thread about people selling their gold. So I started to research it a bit.

I do have some gold to sell. Mostly old jewlery that I don't wear anymore. I'd like to sell it, but boy, I must say, I'm nervous about it for some reason. I guess maybe because I'm obviously not in the trade, therefore making me a novice that could be taken advantage of by the pros.

Did anyone here on the boards use US Gold Buyers dot com? And if you did, were they professional and trustworthy? Also, do they give fair prices for your gold?

I used them and they were very nice. It was a quick and easy transaction and I think that they were pretty fair.

HTH

I used them and found them to be fair. There was another site mentioned in that other thread which I used also. As far as being friendly, personable, etc., that other site was much friendlier to deal with but paid far less. Since my interest would be the $$$, I would have no qualms about using usgoldbuyers again.

My name is Karl Stevenson and I've been buying/selling precious metals in the New York City area for the past 6 years. Since gold prices are at an all-time high, ppl have been selling and gold dealers have been buying gold bars, coins, jewelry, etc. at record-pace! Then there's high-profile cases of scams being operated by unscrupulous businesses such as Cash 4 Gold -who ran Super Bowl commercials urging ppl (or should I say, "victims") to sell their gold to them. Unbeknownst to these uneducated consumers, they were being ripped-off. They were only getting paid 1/2 and even 1/4 of what their gold was worth. Cash 4 Gold are the biggest crooks; scamming millions of innocent consumers.

When dealing with items as sentimental and valuable as jewelry one needs to go to a company with integrity, morals and honesty. And after intensive research, I discovered that USGoldBuyers.com is one of most reputable and respected gold buyers in the industry. They test and weigh your valuables right in front of you and then you have the option to either except or refuse the offer. Not only that, they also offer their clients free shipping & free bank wires –which is very impressive! Being knowledgeable in the precious metals industry, I can attest that U.S. Gold Buyers, Inc. conducts their business with pride and they do not undervalue your items. One of the representatives told me that they're able to do so because they don't invest millions on TV ads & commercials. Instead, they rather put the money into their client's pockets....smart business practice. "Legitimate" businesses do exist in this world.

Thank God for U.S. Gold Buyers!

I recently sold me gold to USGB and was very happy with the transaction. They were polite, professional and I was happy with the pay-out. I also checked their BBB score and googled them to see if there had been any complaints or rip-off reports on them. I was satisified with my research so I made the call. The entire transaction took less than a week from start to finish and it probably would've taken less time, if a weekend wasn't part of the equation.

If you decide to use them, I hope you are as happy as I was when I got my check! :)

I'm originally from Upstate but recently moved down here since the start of the summer. I wanted to sell some old jewelry that I've accumulated throughout the years and what I discovered by researching U.S. Gold Buyers was that they offered to pay me 2-3 times more than the local pawn shops in my old town [the disparity in their offers was ridiculous]! But I soon realized that pawn shops are like middle men -hoping to make a profit by buying from you and selling to the dealers! Why go to the "middle men?" go directly to U.S. Gold Buyers and receive the highest prices for your items [I'm really glad I did]! The only thing that stopped me from giving them the highest 5 star rating was that there were no air conditioner in the hallway or restroom and it was like 95 degrees that day; aside from that, they are an excellent company!

Gotta wonder why some people would register on a Disney fan message board so that they can bump up an old thread about selling gold. It's happened twice on this thread.

Just one of those things that make you say "hmmm"....and then lock the thread. Please check the link in mybabsuz's post for a discussion on selling gold. Let's keep it all in one thread, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter