US Customs Mobile Passport Control

Hey just wondering if there's any updates through Pearson using Mobile Passport?
We don’t leave until the 14th unfortunately. Hopefully someone has been more recently that can update whether it’s still been as quick as when it first started.

Edit: my quick trip this month is backwards. I drive to the USA and fly home so I can't test it before my Christmas vacation.

Hey just wondering if there's any updates through Pearson using Mobile Passport?

I tried to use it last Monday when transiting through Pearson, but the MPC lane was closed and there were no agents. I ended up using the Nexus kiosk instead.

ETA: Maybe because customs wasn't really busy?

Last edited:
Just came through Pearson connecting on a red-eye from Vancouver. Went through security and then used MPC to go through customs around 6am. Both were dead. Would’ve been through in about 10 mins if one of our bags didn’t go rogue and we had to wait for them to send a picture of it. Hard to say if it saved us much time as the line was maybe 4 or 5 parties long. We only waited for one person in the MPC line who was already at the customs agent. The customs agent was quick and efficient.

We are a group of seven traveling together: Me and my DD; my parents; my sister/BIL/Nephew. Can we load everything into one app instead of having three separate accounts?

What if you fill it out, and when you get to the line, the line is closed? Do we then have to do it all over again at the kiosk? Will it allow two identical transactions?

I was going through the MPC app just to get familiar with it. It says that when you fill it out, if your terminal is not on the list to choose from that that port/terminal does not accept MPC. It looks like WestJet uses Terminal B which is not listed, so I’m assuming that we won’t be able to use MPC.

Has anyone flying West Jet used the MPC into MCO? Maybe I’m just missing something.

I was going through the MPC app just to get familiar with it. It says that when you fill it out, if your terminal is not on the list to choose from that that port/terminal does not accept MPC. It looks like WestJet uses Terminal B which is not listed, so I’m assuming that we won’t be able to use MPC.

Has anyone flying West Jet used the MPC into MCO? Maybe I’m just missing something
Where are you flying from? Will you actually clear customs in MCO? From most major airports in Canada you clear US customs before you get on the plane.

Where are you flying from? Will you actually clear customs in MCO? From most major airports in Canada you clear US customs before you get on the plane.
Ooooooh yeah! See, it’s been too long since my last trip! Flying from Pearson/Toronto. Can I use MPC at Pearson then?

We used MPC last month on the way down to MCO from YHZ-YYZ-MCO. You clear customs in YYZ. You can't complete the app info until you are physically in YYZ. Your location is checked by the app. We completed our info on our way to our connecting flight. We got to the customs location and noticed the MPC signs and took that route and bypassed the line for the kiosks and went directly to the Customs agent desk. They scan the QR code you are provided with on the app once your info is completed at YYZ. It was quick and painless. I just wished we had something similar coming home from MCO through YYZ-YHZ. It was a gong show at those kiosks. I can't wait to get a Nexus card! Have to wait for CDN interviews to restart or take a drive to Maine in the spring.
I will try it again on our way to Aulani in Feb. YHZ-YEG-YVR. Customs at YVR, but we have a 5.5hr layover so it won't really be critical. It's still nice to bypass the kiosks and any long customs lines anyway.

We used the app for a family of four on a VERY busy day a Pearson on Nov 11th and we SAILED through. No one else was in the line. You still go through normal security but if you are confused you ask a staff member and show your app and they direct you to the line. NO ONE else was in line. It was amazing! My parents had an earlier flight and had the same experience.

It seems like it would not really help if I already have a global entry then correct? I do the kiosks but there is no line most of the time. I think the longest time I have waited for the customs agent was 10 min.

Thanks so much for this post! It helped us out a tonne this morning! We had an early flight from Toronto to Orlando, downloaded and filled out the mobile passport control app. Got to customs and there was a huge lineup, I asked if we could use MPC line and we could. Literally walked right to the front, no one at all in that line and we got in to the next agent. I almost felt guilty walking by so many people! Definitely a well kept secret at the moment!

Thank you for sharing this, as I hadn’t heard of it before. We just landed in Houston from Brazil, and skipped a huge customs line.
I don’t know that they’re fully setup to use the system yet though, as the agent didn’t look at the QR code on my phone, and retook our photos.

Thanks so much for this post! It helped us out a tonne this morning! We had an early flight from Toronto to Orlando, downloaded and filled out the mobile passport control app. Got to customs and there was a huge lineup, I asked if we could use MPC line and we could. Literally walked right to the front, no one at all in that line and we got in to the next agent. I almost felt guilty walking by so many people! Definitely a well kept secret at the moment!

Please forgive my ignorance - I'm terrible at filling out forms.

What did you put as your port of entry?

And for terminal? The one in Toronto or the one in Orlando?

TIA!

Please forgive my ignorance - I'm terrible at filling out forms.

What did you put as your port of entry?

And for terminal? The one in Toronto or the one in Orlando?

TIA!

Port of entry was Toronto, since that’s where we were leaving from. We left from terminal 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter