upgrading to annual pass?

abt426

Mouseketeer
I have a question about upgrading to an annual pass. My husband and I upgraded the last day on our 5 pay hoppers to annual passes during our trip in May knowing we would be back in December. Now my mom is coming with me. She has an unused day from a 5 day park hopper first used May 27th 2002. Can that still be upgraded to an annual pass. It would be cheaper than buying a four day pass, but I think I remember the CM who did my upgrade saying that you had to upgrade to an annual pass within 7 days of first using the ticket. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks
Alena

To get full credit for the pass you would have needed to upgrade within 7 days, however, she can apply that one day to the annual pass.

So if we were to arrive and use one or two days of our 5 day pass, regardless of where we bought it - it has price on the back of the ticket, we would still be able to get the $254 towards an AP? We are going to be there for 14 days but not sure about how many days we do parks, do this also hold true for the plus portion? Love these boards.

If you trade it in within 7 days of first use, yes you would get a full credit towards an annual pass. However, if you use a plus feature you will have to get a premium annual pass.
If it goes past the 7 days you will only get credit for the unused part of the pass on pro rata basis. If you use any of the plusses you have to upgrade to a premium annual pass.

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying

I buy a 7 day park hopper, use it for 6 days (no plusses used) I can then turn it in on day 7 for full original price credit towards an AP?

Angela

Originally posted by trustknoone
Let me make sure I understand what you are saying

I buy a 7 day park hopper, use it for 6 days (no plusses used) I can then turn it in on day 7 for full original price credit towards an AP?

Angela

I believe that is correct. (You may not get credit for the FL sales tax portion that you paid on the 7 day hopper, though. I am not entirely sure how Disney accounts for that in this particular situation). The AP will be back dated to the first day you used the 7 day hopper pass. If you use any of the plus features, you can only upgrade to a PAP.

To further clarify, it must be 7 CALENDAR days from your first use of the hopper pass - not just the 7th day of use in order to get the full price of the hopper credited toward an AP. And remember, as was previously mentioned, the beginning date of the AP will be backdated to the first day you used your hopper pass.

Example: Use 1st day of hopper pass on May 1, 2003. You must then upgrade to an AP by May 7, 2003 (I guess it could be May 8 depending in whether they count the first day or count days after) in order to receive full credit toward an AP. Your new AP would then have a beginning date of May 1, 2003 and an ending date of May 1, 2004.

Have a Disney Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter