Upgradable Magic Bands

More showed up, but I'm patiently waiting for Pirates band to reappear. Have 37 days left so hopefully comes up once more.

I look multiple times a day and I've never seen the Rafiki and Simba one?? It must have gone quickly!

I don't see how that many people are choosing magic bands at the same time for these to go so quickly. It's like they have only a few 'in stock' and throw them up. First couple people can get it, rest can't. I agree with others, they should make it you only can order within a time period close to your trip, not more than 2 months out.

What did the Rafiki and Simba one look like? I don't think I had seen that one before.
You can go on the Shop Disney website and look at all the magic bands. That's what I'm doing for DH so he can decide which ones he likes. I never saw the Rafiki and Simba one available though either and I look multiple times a day.

Was able to get 'Most Magical Place on Earth' band for my Fiancee with our first reservation day (2 reservations). With the second reservation choices, I had Pirates in checkout but then removed itself when the order completed. Already called/put in ticket as I hope that didn't lock me out from trying again for ordering 'nothing'

I'm glad someone else posted about ordering the Rafiki and Simba magic bands today because I ordered 2 of them this morning too and I'm kicking myself for not taking screenshots because I can't find pictures of them anywhere now! I just saw them and was like, "ouuu, haven't see those before. I'm gonna get those. And then I ordered Slinky for my son. My order history doesn't show the two bands I ordered though, it just shows white circles where Rafiki and Simba should be. It was them on a dark green band. So who knows? Now I'm kinda expecting to get plain grey ones and a dealing with Disney to get it all fixed. These were for our annual passes.

And my credit card DID get processed and the order went through, it just doesn't seem to show it on the MDE app yet.

And my credit card DID get processed and the order went through, it just doesn't seem to show it on the MDE app yet.

Call to get that addressed. My Fiancee's band didn't show up til after I called and gave them the order number. Looking back in the thread, if you don't take care of that, it may come gray. You at least have proof of buying which is good.

The haunted mansion wallpaper band I received earlier this week showed a blank circle but it arrived correctly. I was pretty nervous until it arrived. I hope your lion king bands do as well!

I'm glad someone else posted about ordering the Rafiki and Simba magic bands today because I ordered 2 of them this morning too and I'm kicking myself for not taking screenshots because I can't find pictures of them anywhere now! I just saw them and was like, "ouuu, haven't see those before. I'm gonna get those. And then I ordered Slinky for my son. My order history doesn't show the two bands I ordered though, it just shows white circles where Rafiki and Simba should be. It was them on a dark green band. So who knows? Now I'm kinda expecting to get plain grey ones and a dealing with Disney to get it all fixed. These were for our annual passes.

Exactly what I did.

For those asking what it looks like it is just the scene when rafiki presents baby simba. Nothing great but I never saw it on there before so I grab it for my daughter who loves Lion King .

What did the Rafiki and Simba one look like? I don't think I had seen that one before.

I couldn’t find that one on shop Disney (which I’ve been using to see the backside of the upgrade band options). It was a dark forest green with Rafiki holding up baby simba...like in the movie.

So I finally managed to check out today for both bands for $20. Yay!
But my confirmation email only shows my husband’s band for $10. When I check my MDE account, it’s showing the grey one for me. Has this happened to anyone else?

I couldn’t find that one on shop Disney (which I’ve been using to see the backside of the upgrade band options). It was a dark forest green with Rafiki holding up baby simba...like in the movie.
Huh Elle, I would swear I saw it there earlier today, but as you say, I can no longer find it ... weird.
On another note, still waiting to get five aligned for our family, no luck so far but ... I have started liking the looks of the sorcerer Mickey as an alternative to the Pirates of the Caribbean. My daughter though is dead set on the pineapple swirl, and my youngest son wants Epcot Spaceship Earth or nothing, (he actually prefers plain grey to the other solid colors) Hopefully they will get a large inventory in soon.

Nice magicband! I hope I will get a complete order one of these days too :)
Maybe that's it with the Rafiki band, perhaps they are taking a new picture. I do remember that, it's picture was smaller than the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter