Upgradable Magic Bands

Mano22

Earning My Ears
Hey! I know they now have cool upgradable magic bands (for $10) for hotel guests. I also know they are mostly sold out now and when they are refereshed they sell out very quickly. I was wondering if there is a list somewhere online of ALL the available options, so that my kids can pick out what they want ahead of time and I can hopefully snag them some day when they are refreshed? But I am anal and need to know all my options (can't just get the Belle one only to find out I could have got Ariel had I waited etc.) I did a quick google search, and only found generic articles with a few of the options, but I am looking for something comprehensive.

Thanks for any help!

I don't know if there is a comprehensive list of the original upgrade options anywhere, but I noticed yesterday--as I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade bands--that there were new options that were different from the originally listed bands. Also, when they restocked yesterday, only some bands were shown and it rotated throughout the day. It's super frustrating.

I have three rooms of people that I'm trying to upgrade, and I have had a really hard time doing it since it appears that everyone within one reservation needs to be ordered at the same time, and the bands are not all restocked at once. Twice yesterday I had all my bands chosen for my brother's family, but I couldn't finalize the purchase because I kept getting an error message, and then the bands sold out and were replaced with other options. Now I'm back to square one and waiting for bands to be restocked again. I've only had luck doing my room because my choice was restocked and my husband wanted plain yellow...if I can't get upgraded bands for everyone else in the next 10 days I might cry. I really want character bands for my nieces. :worried:

Good Luck!

I don't know if there is a comprehensive list of the original upgrade options anywhere, but I noticed yesterday--as I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade bands--that there were new options that were different from the originally listed bands. Also, when they restocked yesterday, only some bands were shown and it rotated throughout the day. It's super frustrating.

I have three rooms of people that I'm trying to upgrade, and I have had a really hard time doing it since it appears that everyone within one reservation needs to be ordered at the same time, and the bands are not all restocked at once. Twice yesterday I had all my bands chosen for my brother's family, but I couldn't finalize the purchase because I kept getting an error message, and then the bands sold out and were replaced with other options. Now I'm back to square one and waiting for bands to be restocked again. I've only had luck doing my room because my choice was restocked and my husband wanted plain yellow...if I can't get upgraded bands for everyone else in the next 10 days I might cry. I really want character bands for my nieces. :worried:

Good Luck!

YES, so frustrating. It took me three days to get both mine and DH's MBs, and that is just one of the three reservations I want to get bands for. Either mine was available, or his was, or they both were but those 7 dwarfs showed up to ruin my experience before things could be finalized. Finally, last night I was successful for one of our three reservations. If It would have allowed me to order individually it would have been so easy. Good luck to you!!!!!

Not sure if this site is allowed but I have been using this as a guide to the MBs that are supposed to be available: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/new-magicband-upgrades-now-available/

I think the last comment answered my question.....you have to finalize all your family's bands at one time to purchase an upgrade one, correct? This is so frustrating. (And I'm honestly starting to think they did this to get us all hooked on an upgraded band and then they sit back and wait for us to pay full price for them on shopdisney. :mad:)

Thanks all for the help! Agree the way they are doing this is pretty frustrating.

Fingers crossed
I book Tuesday
Tried ordering special ones Wednesday with no luck
Tried Thursday-success and being sent out (have tracking number)
Hoping they are what we ordered

Going end of January 2020

YES, so frustrating. It took me three days to get both mine and DH's MBs, and that is just one of the three reservations I want to get bands for. Either mine was available, or his was, or they both were but those 7 dwarfs showed up to ruin my experience before things could be finalized. Finally, last night I was successful for one of our three reservations. If It would have allowed me to order individually it would have been so easy. Good luck to you!!!!!

I'm so happy for your success! I'm still trying....fingers crossed!
My family will definitely be disappointed if I'm the only one who gets an upgraded band. :scared:
This is the most frustrating process I've ever encountered while planning a trip. It would have been so much better to be able to do them individually.

I’m hoping that what was said previously about them being fully restocked on July 3rd is true. My sister really wants the little mermaid magic band. I’m gonna keep refreshing every so often to see if it pops up sooner, but I’m fed gonna be up at 7am on the 3rd for the hopeful restock

I’m also trying with all my might to get the bands everyone in my family wants, but is it actually true you have to do them all at one time? Just wild to me that the rollout had been so confusing for everyone. The one my dad wanted showed up yesterday so I picked it, then later in the day it said I hadn’t picked it, so I guess it’s just because I didn’t pick all four at once.

I’m also trying with all my might to get the bands everyone in my family wants, but is it actually true you have to do them all at one time? Just wild to me that the rollout had been so confusing for everyone. The one my dad wanted showed up yesterday so I picked it, then later in the day it said I hadn’t picked it, so I guess it’s just because I didn’t pick all four at once.

As far as I can tell, each person has to have a band selected in order to submit and process the order. You can have a mix of the solid colors and 'premium' MBs selected for your group, but each person must have a selection. You can't just select a MB for one person and then wait on the others, it will fall off that person's profile after a period of time if you don't actually continue on and process the order, which you can't do unless everyone has a MB selection. It is a very annoying way of doing this and extremely frustrating when the available options change so often. Not sure how it works if you want to decline MBs for a specific person, since I haven't figured that option out yet with the new layout since we both want 'premium' MBs for our next two trips.

The process is ridiculous. I’ve been trying for days and at various points different bands are apparently available but I’ve never made through the checkout without an error or the dwarfs.

I’ll just buy them a special birthday band when we get there Aug 1 as the Disney Store won’t deliver to Canada. This is a worse fiasco than Moonlight Magic & RDis signups. & that’s saying something.

Has anyone had any luck calling guest services?
I keep getting the "try again or call guest services" notification. I tried calling, but it was a wait of over 20 min and then the band my mom wanted wasn't offered anymore while I was waiting, so I hung up. :sad:

Has anyone had any luck calling guest services?
I keep getting the "try again or call guest services" notification. I tried calling, but it was a wait of over 20 min and then the band my mom wanted wasn't offered anymore while I was waiting, so I hung up. :sad:
I called guest services weeks ago when I got that message. After waiting for over an hour, guest services told me they did not have the ability to take money for the bands over phone and the only way to order them was on the computer :sad2:

I called guest services weeks ago when I got that message. After waiting for over an hour, guest services told me they did not have the ability to take money for the bands over phone and the only way to order them was on the computer :sad2:

I'm so glad I asked! I would be so mad to wait that long on the phone for nothing.
I've had an easier time getting fast passes for Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage than getting these darn bands!

Has anyone gotten anything other than an error lately? Every so often the list of bands changes for me. Sometimes I can actually select 4 before it errors, others I can’t even complete selection. Earlier today I made it all the way to the end of the payment screen only to get an error. Like are they serious with this? It’s 2019 not 2009 :sad2:

I just need two and my husband is a solid color. Finally got one to attach to my name and then poof it was gone. My daughter finally got her order through after multiple attempts on multiple devices. Reminds me of ordering concert tickets.

I ordered bands Friday for our party of 5, but the confirmation email only showed 2 were ordered. I called and was on hold for over an hour and was told that if you get an error message it essentially means the bands are not in stock, but they will be adding new designs every day. They shipped the two that were in stock and reset the other three so that I can reorder when the ones I want are available again. She seemed pretty confident that in the next few weeks they would all be back in stock with some new designs added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter