Updates on AVERY. (good news update pg 33 post 489!)

I'm sorry Avery was sick the other night Ann. Hoping he is better today and gets to come home. Praying for him and you and your whole family every day honey! :grouphug:

Oh, I DO hope Avery will be able to be at home soon. Nothing like the comfort of your own surroundings. And have I mentioned that I just LOVE his name? I do!

Oh my...guess what!?!?!?

They are going to release him...probably tomorrow afternoon! Saturday!

They were talking Monday but are now saying tomorrow! They are loading DS&DIL with binders and pamhlets and instructions and phone numbers...and a visting nurse will come too,and he'll be back to the hospital Tuesday for OP chemo....but they (and we) are so looking forward to him being home...

I know the prayers and support of all of you, all our wide network of extended family and friends, has given strength to Avery and his family, and will continue to do so......... :thumbsup2

Ann!!! That is absolutely fantastic!! :banana: What a little trooper Avery is, I am so pleased he is doing so well. God bless his little heart! :grouphug:

Just stopping by to see if we had word that Avery came home. I know that being in the hospital is hard. I'm so glad that they decided he'd do okay at home. The holidays in the hospital are rough for grownups. I'm sure it's even worse for a little guy.

God bless him. I'm still praying.

Wonderful news!!!! I hope that things go smoothly with the transition to home, and that Avery continues to get stronger each day. :wizard:

I am so glad they are releasing him Ann.....it must be such a boost for him to come home to his family and you all will take such good care of him..

Hugs to you all....

Avery's home!
They came home late last night...his morning blood draw didn't have the levels they wanted to see, so they kept him for another transfusion and they didn't arrive home until about 9 pm.

Today was an adjustment day. His little sisters were thrilled that mom dad AND brother were all home. :thumbsup2 Avery slept well last night but as today progressed seemed a bit bummed that being home does not necessarily mean he is not still sick, and still needs medicine and rest and liquids. But they had a good day. We saw them tonight for a bit, we had done a run to Target and the grocery store to get some stuff they realized they needed as they got settled in today. Real hugs feel good. Still hate seeing my little guy so sick, but it was good to see them getting settled in at home.

Coincidentally, my mom got released fromt he hospital in Massachusetts, back to the nursing home, late yesterday afternoon too. SO...I'm trying to take it all as positive...this week will be better than last! :)

:yay: Glad to hear they're both home.

I can understand poor Avery thinking he's coming home so he's going to feel better, too. Here's hoping this week he continues to progress and feel much better. Being home should also make it not so scary for him.

Glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital, too. Just keep repeating, this week will be better and things are looking up. :goodvibes

Ann,
I am so glad that your little sweetie got to come home. Hopefully it will make it all a little easier for him.

Do you think it would cheer him up to get some cards in the mail? I know that my boys would love to make one to send him. If you think he would like it PM me.

I'm still praying for you all!
Tracey

Ill be saying lots of prayers for Mr. Avery!! I know two young adults that had ALL as children. Im happy to report both are doing great, one is recently married and living a great life and the other a gorgeous redhead across the street from me comes home from college for the weekend about once a month and its always a joy to see her!
Hope you folks have a great holiday and that Avery gets better and better with every passing day.
Tell DIL that she needs to get with a support group of other parents from the hospital. My neighbor has been cancer free for prob 10 yrs now and her mother STILL is VERY CLOSE with the other mommies from the hospital.

ilovejack02...I did recommend to DIL that she investigate support groups. I know myself from my breast cancer treatment that the support of someone who has gone through or is going through it, is an immense help. She has a couple of individuals that have gone through this that she can contact but so far no formal "group". But then again, she has not had time to go through all of the volumes of papers, pamphlets and so forth that the hospital gave her. Perhaps there is info there because it IS a large regional facility and I'm sure they have programs. So far at home she's been busy getting organized with a big calendar and the necessary/new household supplies as well as actual care of Avery. I'm thinking maybe when she is at the hopstital for the Outpatient treatments she may have a little time to read and investigate the non-medical services available. It is so nice to read of success stories like your neighbor! :banana:

Avery did well today, he had a spinal tap and IV chemo, and another bone marrow biopsy to check his levels after 1 week of chemo treatment. He was looking forward to Chinese food for dinner after getting home :) His platelet count was a little lower than they wanted to see so he had a transfusion as well. The low platelets put him at risk for infection, so that is a concern, with a compromised immune system. We hope his side effects from this dose of chemo will not be as severe as last week and pass quickly. One more step in the journey :thumbsup2

Thank you all again for your thougths and prayers!!

I am glad that Avery is home. Prayers and hugs that he will get stronger every day. Dartmouth Hitchcock is great. You may already know this, but Irving Oil Co. is offering the gas vouchers. We go to Dartmouth Hitchcock often and those vouchers have been a tremendous help for us.

Ann,

I like the sounds of his course of treatment so far. My DH actually has an appt on Tuesday for his monthly platelet donation, so he'll be thinking of Avery while he's on the aphoresis machine.

You know I do a good amount of volunteering with the Jimmy Fund. Just say the word, and I can drop an email to one of my contacts, and get you guys in touch with some support groups. Don't hesitate, OK?

You're in our thoughts and prayers here.

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter