Don't know if this was posted already, didn't see it on the first post - but BJs currently is offering 5% off (a 1% increase over their normal 4% off) Disney Gift Cards. A $500 gift card is $475 instead of $479.99. Combine this with the PayPal 5% back on Discover and you're paying $451.25 per $500 gift card, and you can grab an extra $50 and $25 gift card to get up to $1500 on the 5% back (if you haven't already used it). I've combined this with Rakuten and got 1.5% back on my BJs purchase (unfortunately, I did this before the 5% off, so I only got 4% off from BJs). Almost 10% off (9.75%) before Rakuten's cashback.

Not as good at the BJs Black Friday 6% back - but normally you can't combine this with the Discover 5% back during Black Friday - and you're instead combining with a standard cash back, of ~2% or so and if you're lucky a Cash back site that offers 5% for Black Friday.

Wish BJs was offering bulk discount purchases on Disney GCs again but they haven't offered than since early 2020.

To extend your cash back, take the 5% discover cash back balance and buy Happy gift cards at a 10% discount (occasionally 25%) through Discover's redemption program. As long as you pick one that's a "Enter Credit As Payment" that card can then be used at a store to buy a Disney Gift Card. Effectively giving you a 10-25% discount on the disney gift card.

If you have a Wells Fargo credit card, happy cards are also 10% off there right now as well and can be used to do the same with their rewards program. Chase also offers them, but it is not discounted right now - was last month.

So what's the latest way that Happy Gift Cards work for Disney funds? Where can you use them to buy DGCs?

They've worked at Lowes previously for me, but it's been a while since I've tried it.

Currently Bed Bath & Beyond works but it's hit or miss. Within the same week, one store didn't have an issue with me running about $500 worth of happy cards. Another one refused to even try. When I informed them it works they stated "It will go through but you're not allowed to buy a gift card with a gift card"

So if you run into trouble, just try another store and remember to remind them - it's a credit card. Otherwise they'll hit gift card and it won't process.

They've worked at Lowes previously for me, but it's been a while since I've tried it.

Currently Bed Bath & Beyond works but it's hit or miss. Within the same week, one store didn't have an issue with me running about $500 worth of happy cards. Another one refused to even try. When I informed them it works they stated "It will go through but you're not allowed to buy a gift card with a gift card"

So if you run into trouble, just try another store and remember to remind them - it's a credit card. Otherwise they'll hit gift card and it won't process.

I found a store where the swiping terminal is not in the line of sight of the cashier. That's the one I hit up now. :rotfl2:

Don't know if this was posted already, didn't see it on the first post - but BJs currently is offering 5% off (a 1% increase over their normal 4% off) Disney Gift Cards. A $500 gift card is $475 instead of $479.99. Combine this with the PayPal 5% back on Discover and you're paying $451.25 per $500 gift card, and you can grab an extra $50 and $25 gift card to get up to $1500 on the 5% back (if you haven't already used it). I've combined this with Rakuten and got 1.5% back on my BJs purchase (unfortunately, I did this before the 5% off, so I only got 4% off from BJs). Almost 10% off (9.75%) before Rakuten's cashback.

Not as good at the BJs Black Friday 6% back - but normally you can't combine this with the Discover 5% back during Black Friday - and you're instead combining with a standard cash back, of ~2% or so and if you're lucky a Cash back site that offers 5% for Black Friday.

Wish BJs was offering bulk discount purchases on Disney GCs again but they haven't offered than since early 2020.

I did this exact transaction last night. I went through Rakuten to Bjs and bought a $500 gift card using my Discover. Rakuten did not give me anything for purchase. It says order amount $0 and cashback amount $0. Should I contact them or is this one of those things it works for some but not others? I haven't had luck the last 2 times with purchasing Disney gift cards from Disney store through Rakuten either. Those also say order amount $0 and cashback amount $0. Thank you for any input.

I did this exact transaction last night. I went through Rakuten to Bjs and bought a $500 gift card using my Discover. Rakuten did not give me anything for purchase. It says order amount $0 and cashback amount $0. Should I contact them or is this one of those things it works for some but not others? I haven't had luck the last 2 times with purchasing Disney gift cards from Disney store through Rakuten either. Those also say order amount $0 and cashback amount $0. Thank you for any input.
My general thought on this is when its not supposed to work for anyone ever, but it does sometimes, you know that going in so you never contact them about it because it may cause more scrutiny from them and it could quit working for everyone.

To extend your cash back, take the 5% discover cash back balance and buy Happy gift cards at a 10% discount (occasionally 25%) through Discover's redemption program. As long as you pick one that's a "Enter Credit As Payment" that card can then be used at a store to buy a Disney Gift Card. Effectively giving you a 10-25% discount on the disney gift card.

If you have a Wells Fargo credit card, happy cards are also 10% off there right now as well and can be used to do the same with their rewards program. Chase also offers them, but it is not discounted right now - was last month.
How do you know which ones say Enter Credit as Payment? I've never bought a Happy Card

I finally got one of those Target Circle offers - spend $100 3x and g et $30 back. I know there was discussion about this before, but I didn’t have the offer then so I didn’t follow the details. Gift cards are supposed to be excluded, but do I recall that some folks had luck buying, say, $60 worth of stuff and adding in a $50 GC and getting credit for a $100+ purchase?

Added Offers ~ 8/09/21

Discount District
Dollar General: Buy 2x Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Off
Includes: Google Play, PlayStation Store, Domino’s and IHOP​
Expires 8/14/21. GC Galore

Family Fare: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards For $40
Includes: PlayStation, Burger King, DoorDash, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Denny’s, Chili’s and Olive Garden​
Limit 2 per household.​
Expires 8/17/21. GC Galore

Market Basket: Save 10% On Select Gift Cards
Includes: Domino’s, Gap, Old Navy, Gap Options, Happy (possibly only Happy Dining, Happy Eats and Happy Treats) , Phantom Gourmet, Cabela’s, Brinker/Chili’s, Bass Pro Shops, Staples, DSW, Panera Bread and Spafinder.​

Rite Aid:
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Earn $8 BonusCash:
    • Cabela’s
    • Bass Pro Shops
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Earn $5 BonusCash:
    • DoorDash :thumbsup2
    • Domino’s
    • Limit 2 per gift card pairing.
    • Expires 8/14/21. GC Galore
Target:
Target Circle Offers: Get 20% Off Starbucks Cafe Beverages

Walgreens: Buy two Select Gift Cards & Get a $10 Walgreens gift card free:
Includes: Taco Bell, Domino’s and Spa & Wellness​
Limit 2, except in NM.​
The best deals here percentage-wise are Domino’s and Taco Bell as both of those can be bought in $15 denominations.​

Amazon & Credit Card Offers Update
ShopDisney Chase Offer
: Earn 10% back, $5 max.
Expires 9/14/21, 9/14/21.

McDonald’s Chase Offer:
Get 10% Back On Up To $20 Of Spend Targeted
Expires 9/09/21, 9/23/21. GCG

Starbucks Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $30 Of Spend Targeted
Expires 9/09/21, 9/23/21. GCG

MISC.
Discover: Save up to 25% on Select Gift Cards when redeeming your Cashback Bonus, here just a few:
  • Athleta – 25%
  • Banana Republic – 25%
  • Bed Bath & Beyond – 20%
  • Buy Buy Baby – 20%
  • Chipotle – 20%
  • Foot Locker – 20%
  • Gap – 25%
  • Happy Dining – 20%
  • Happy Moments – 20%
  • Happy Rewards – 20%
  • Macy’s – 15%
  • Old Navy – 25%
  • Under Armour – 20%
  • Thanks for the reminder GC Galore :thumbsup2

BJs currently is offering 5% off (a 1% increase over their normal 4% off) Disney Gift Cards. $500 gift card is $475, use PayPal with Discover 5% cashback.
Is this still ongoing, I don't have a BJ's membership to verify.

BJ's Direct link and be sure to check out cashback monitor

BJ’s Memberships:
Thanks for posting! :thumbsup2

Just saying, I don't have any DP's on the free 1 day pass, how many times you can use it etc. Is a credit card and your mailing address tied to their system.

So what's the latest way that Happy Gift Cards work for Disney funds? Where can you use them to buy DGCs?

Using Happy Gift Cards to purchase 3rd party gift cards is YMMV.
remember to remind them - it's a credit card. - No longer applies!

Changes to Happy Brand gift cards took place a few years ago, it specifically excludes the user of purchasing third party gift cards using Happy cards Link to Article posted on June 25, 2019. And on Post #2 Discount District , see Happy Gift Cards DP:

Again, I see many here able to still use Happy gc to purchase 3rd party gc's but please know the rules have changed.

I finally got one of those Target Circle offers - spend $100 3x and g et $30 back. I know there was discussion about this before, but I didn’t have the offer then so I didn’t follow the details. Gift cards are supposed to be excluded, but do I recall that some folks had luck buying, say, $60 worth of stuff and adding in a $50 GC and getting credit for a $100+ purchase?

Post # 3512

Yes, I have had luck with buying some stuff along with a Disney e-gift card for each order. The last time my offer was spend $75 two times, so I did a $50 Disney e-gift card and spent a little over $25 on stuff for each order. I have only done this online and the countdown showing the steps complete updates once the entire order ships.

Kroger Online: 4x Fuel Points Promotion Expires 9/10/21
  • Buy $75 Bass Pro Shops eGift Card & Get $10 Kroger eGift Card free
    • Limit 3.
  • Buy $75 Cabela’s eGift Card & Get $10 Kroger eGift Card free
    • Limit 3.
  • For every $50 worth of IHOP eGift Cards purchased, get $10 Off!

With Annual Passes resuming sales at Disneyland on the horizon, I had a stash of Walmart Gift Cards that I needed to convert to Disney Gift Cards.

I'm happy to report that as of yesterday I was able to purchase $100 of Disney Gift Cards with $100 Walmart Gift Cards.

Glad to see that this is still an option at Walmart. Use to do this all the time at Target and occasionally at Best Buy.

I'm happy to report that as of yesterday I was able to purchase $100 of Disney Gift Cards with $100 Walmart Gift Cards.

Did you add them to your wallet or use physical Walmart gift cards in-store to buy? Cashier or self-checkout? Thanks!

Did you add them to your wallet or use physical Walmart gift cards in-store to buy? Cashier or self-checkout? Thanks!

I had digital gift cards with barcodes that I took screenshots of.

I first tried going to self-checkout but the person managing the kiosks sent me to the registers when they saw that I only had Disney Gift Cards.

No questions asked by the person at the register.

BIG GIFT CARD NEWS!!!!!!

(Well, maybe this is old gift card news, and I've just been really dumb for years, but this was new news to me, and I am VERY excited about it!)

You can add Disney GCs to Apple Wallet (or the Android equivalent)! The caveat: I *think* this will only work if you start with an e-gift card from shopDisney. When you get the confirmation email, it's got an option to add the e-GC to Apple Wallet. Click that button and voila! (See pictures)
Just show the bar code at any Disney register, and they'll scan it. No more fumbling around with physical GCs all the time!

The drawback, as mentioned, is that I think you can only do this with an e-GC bought from shopDisney. I checked e-GCs from Target, Sam's and Raise, and didn't see any "Add to Apple Wallet" option. I also don't see how you'd add a physical GC. BUT, you could easily buy the lowest-priced e-GC from shopDisney ($25) (make sure it's an e-GC - any of the really cute designs are going to be physical cards), and then use disneygiftcard.com to add money to that e-GC and thus to the GC in your Apple Wallet. I've still got confirmation emails (yes, I'm an email hoarder as well as a "stuff" hoarder) from old e-GC purchases at shopDisney, so I'm just going to reload those GC numbers and use those on future trips.

The other drawback is that Apple Wallet will always just show the starting balance, but every receipt you get will have the new balance after you buy something, so that's not really different from a physical card, except that it's maybe a little more confusing.

Credit to Shannon at WDW Prep. She made an offhand comment about adding GCs to Apple Wallet in a F&W article, which led to me DMing her and then me going on a deep dive to figure out all the details!

Am I just dumb? Is this old news? Because I’m kind of irrationally excited about this! 😂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter