Wow, Disney announced today that they are eliminating the Magical Express Service to bring guests from the hotel to the airport. This surprises me considering the fact that I have taken the magical express the last couple of years and it has always had a decent amount of people on it. It also reduces the value of staying at a Disney Hotel.

I wonder if the planned Brightline train that is supposed to connect the Orlando Airport and DisneyWorld is the reason for eliminating this? However, they would definitely need some Bus Service then from the DisneyWorld train station to the hotels.

Wow, Disney announced today that they are eliminating the Magical Express Service to bring guests from the hotel to the airport. This surprises me considering the fact that I have taken the magical express the last couple of years and it has always had a decent amount of people on it. It also reduces the value of staying at a Disney Hotel.

I wonder if the planned Brightline train that is supposed to connect the Orlando Airport and DisneyWorld is the reason for eliminating this? However, they would definitely need some Bus Service then from the DisneyWorld train station to the hotels.
Sounds like the train won’t be running until 2023, and DME will end on 01/01/22.

I’m pretty shocked by this announcement. It made Disney vacations so much more convenient (I don’t look forward to the day that I’ll have to figure out how to get our family of 13, including children in car seats, to Disney). Perhaps this is when we begin looking at staying offsite, as we’d be charged a parking fee if we rented a car to stay at a Disney resort anyway...

DME also kept us pretty happily “trapped” inside the Disney bubble. Without a rental car, we ate all of our meals and did all of our entertainment/shopping on property. Without DME/with a rental car, I don’t know what would keep us at Disney. We’d probably hop over to Universal for a short time for the HP worlds.

Such a strange announcement!

I know Costco doesn’t get mentioned much here since they don’t carry DGCs, but hoping y’all can help. My membership is up for renewal. Dosh currently has $20 cash back on memberships. Can I let my membership expire and open a new membership under my name but a different email address to get the $20 cash back?
I don't know about Costco, but this method has worked with Sam's and BJ's.

Added Offers ~ 1/12/21

Warehouses
BJ’s Wholesale Club:
Costco Offers:
  • Buy $100 Uber Eats Gift Cards For $79.99 - In-Store
  • Buy 2x $50 Spafinder Gift Cards For $69.99 - Online
Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps
Fluz App DP:
Fluz Passing On Merchant Coding In Several Categories
(Grocery, Travel, Office Supply & Dining) By GC Galore 1/12/21.

MISC.
T-Mobile Tuesday: Lifesum Free One Month Subscription, Thread Beast 40% Off & More Doctor of Credit

Staples Seeks To Purchase Office Depot by Bloomburg.com

I know Costco doesn’t get mentioned much here since they don’t carry DGCs, but hoping y’all can help. My membership is up for renewal. Dosh currently has $20 cash back on memberships. Can I let my membership expire and open a new membership under my name but a different email address to get the $20 cash back?
I just renewed my membership online the end of November. I was quite surprised when I got a DOSH notification of the $20 back, didn't do anything but renew with a linked card. Didn't even know about the offer.

I just renewed my membership online the end of November. I was quite surprised when I got a DOSH notification of the $20 back, didn't do anything but renew with a linked card. Didn't even know about the offer.
Thanks for letting me know - that would be a lot simpler!

This worked for me too. Thanks again for the tip!

I know I've read someone had issues with BJs not activating DGC's, but what about Sam's? I order $75 (3x$25) and all are $0 balance. I hopped on chat and they've escalated with gift card team, just wondering what I have ahead of me. I thought I was paying DVC dues tonight.
No follow up from Sam's. I decided to test the cards again tonight before I have DH call tomorrow (his Sam's acct) and the balance was on each card as it should be. A delay in activating or they did something, I don't know, but dues are paid.

since this is not a "gift card deal" and actually a theme park update maybe someone should move the post to the appropriate forum.

But, as for your statement- Disney can be as inclusive as you want it. Magical Express is a great service for those who fly. For those who drive-eh not really.

Staying onsite is still the only way we will do Disney. We are relatively new DVC owners and once we are in the "bubble" then we are in vacay mode. We use ride share several times each trip because some mornings if the buses are not running in a timely manner then we will order a Lyft. Or, if we have a breakfast reservation at another resort-rideshare.

I can understand the frustration people have because they feel like Disney is removing so much and giving so little. If you are not happy going to WDW then don't go. Spend your time and money elsewhere. As for me and my family, we still enjoy WDW. IMO, WDW is trying to make their parks safe and still maintain their business.

I am sure that the "included" that was free but not really free will be replaced with a paid for service like they do for the DCL cruises to and from the port. We can not expect a business not to make changes-especially during these times.
But hey, at least we still get 5% off Disney gift cards @ Target with our Redcard :)

I don't know if this is the right place but the Cash App card gives offers that can be useful to combine with gift card buying. I recently got a $50 gift card from Walmart for 15% off and the cash back was instant so I just paid $42.50. There's others available to me that I'm planning on using (10% back at grocery stores, 15% at Walgreens) to maximize. Most of the deals have a limit of up to $7.50 back.

I don't know if this is the right place but the Cash App card gives offers that can be useful to combine with gift card buying. I recently got a $50 gift card from Walmart for 15% off and the cash back was instant so I just paid $42.50. There's others available to me that I'm planning on using (10% back at grocery stores, 15% at Walgreens) to maximize. Most of the deals have a limit of up to $7.50 back.

Yes, you're in the right place and congrats on the savings! Cash App is listed on Post #6 along with their current offers. There is also a Warning from @dez1978 which can be seen here.

since this is not a "gift card deal" and actually a theme park update maybe someone should move the post to the appropriate forum.

I am sure that the "included" that was free but not really free will be replaced with a paid for service like they do for the DCL cruises to and from the port. We can not expect a business not to make changes-especially during these times.
But hey, at least we still get 5% off Disney gift cards @ Target with our Redcard :)

@bbsearchlight is fine, I honestly don't mind the chatter. Those not interested can scroll past as they do with offers they're not interested in. As a matter of fact, I didn't know about this change nor did the group I belong to. I have little time to go through my favorite threads on the DIS since we bought our puppy. I think another let down is WDW removal of the Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom game. Having a son with ADHD/ASD this awesome game was an alternative to long waits for rides and meltdowns. Really sad to see this go. Anyone interested in trading SotMK card can go here.

Just a Reminder - I go through all offers to confirm their availability as seen below, even though some may be Out of Stock, I leave the link(s) up in case they're replenished which has happened in the past.

BJ's Offers:

Added Offers ~ 1/13/21

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Panera Bread Chase Offer/BankAmeriDeal: Get 10%-15% Back On Up To $20 Of Spend
Limit 1. Expires 2/11/21. GC Galore
Panera Online DP: Panera doesn’t process payments for online gift cards, so you won’t earn CB.

Petco Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up to $60 Of Spend
Limit 1. Expires 2/12/21. GC Galore
Petco DP: Petco gift card purchases are processed by CashStar, so you’d need to buy a physical gift card in-store if you wanted to lock in CB.

MISC.
Bitmo:
  • Buy $100 DoorDash gift card & get $15 DoorDash gift card free when using promo code DDBONUSJAN.
  • Buy $100 Uber Eats gift card& get $15 Uber Eats gift card free when using promo code UEBONUSJAN.
Drop: Spend $5+ Or $10+ With Select Brands & Get 1,000 Points (Worth $1)
  • Includes: Amazon, Chick-fil-A, Dunkin’ Donuts, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Target, Wendy’s & Publix
    • Limit 10,000 users.
    • Must claim Flash Deal.
    • Expires 1/21/21. To learn more go here.

These are NOT deals but thought you would like a heads up!

All Costco Photo Centers Will Close Permanently effective February 14, 2021.
Online will be available. To learn more go to Hip2Save

I already posted about this but this is huge!
Staples Seeks To Purchase Office Depot by Bloomburg.com
We do not have a Staples nearby, the two lane road to get to one is a nightmare. I've not taken advantage of many offers because of it and I know I'm not alone. I hope whatever changes occur are favorable. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter