Typically I don't post on the weekends but we were on high alert last night due to severe weather. First came the tornado warnings with sirens blaring along with our cells. Then came lightening alerts and with it a lot of rain. It's only getting worse, I'm telling you - be prepared. Within 15 minutes of heavy rain our backyard looked like this due to the blocked drain. Our neighbor sucks! Can I say that? What kind of a person does that?!

He raised the elevation on his side by a foot and then some when he planted these arborvitaes (here's our pump).

Covered the drain and blocked it with a bucket!
:sad2:
At least in Texas, changing the natural flow of drainage is illegal. Granted, it requires civil process, which means you'd have to pay an attorney to get it fixed.

@FoxC63 Is that drain property of the town/city? Maybe you can email your pictures to the appropriate officials and see if they can help. What an inconsiderate neighbor.

We have an inconsiderate neighbor too who just lets his 20 year olds host friends into the wee hours of the night blasting music and yelling at each other. They woke me up at 2 this morning!

I think what surprised me is Sam's Club cancelling @onelove8187
order. These windows seem to be closing even more.

I needed $550, so I ordered a $500 and a $50. They cancelled the order because they don't allow more than $500 online (as I found out later).
I ended up getting a bigger discount by buying smaller cards in store anyway.

At least in Texas, changing the natural flow of drainage is illegal. Granted, it requires civil process, which means you'd have to pay an attorney to get it fixed.
Yes, same here and the township refuses to get involved that's why I took the photos. I wonder if I can pay the attorney with gift cards? :rolleyes1 Seriously, we're keeping records, doing what we can to prevent damage if our basement get's flooded.

@FoxC63
We have an inconsiderate neighbor too who just lets his 20 year olds host friends into the wee hours of the night blasting music and yelling at each other. They woke me up at 2 this morning!
Not cool! I would have called the police.
Same neighbor played loud music, concert style during covid lockdown while we worked from home. Even with all the windows and doors shut we would hear it. During conference calls/meetings they could hear it as well. It reached a boiling point. This summer we found about 5-6 dead baby birds on our lawn, they were all wet and bloated, I swear he's tossing them over from his pool onto our property. In all our years here we've never found a single one. It's not strange or a coincidence, it's him, our neighbor from hell. DH has now set up a camera, we'll catch him.

I needed $550, so I ordered a $500 and a $50. They cancelled the order because they don't allow more than $500 online (as I found out later).
I ended up getting a bigger discount by buying smaller cards in store anyway.
This ^. Seriously when you think about it, many people know they're going to take a vacation even after they return home from one. Why not start picking up on the smaller deals when you get home that stretch your dollars more. You have an entire year to make that happen. Someone mentioned they didn't like having to go through hoops & loops and I get that but the reality is they are the most reliable in saving you the most money.

This ^. Seriously when you think about it, many people know they're going to take a vacation even after they return home from one. Why not start picking up on the smaller deals when you get home that stretch your dollars more. You have an entire year to make that happen. Someone mentioned they didn't like having to go through hoops & loops and I get that but the reality is they are the most reliable in saving you the most money.

And the money from 12 cards is now sitting on one card. I merged them while we watched Frozen 2. I also kept one of the emptied ones. We might want to give one to DD as spending money. If we decided to not stay on-site, we'll be getting that money refunded.

Heya everyone. I'm back to the churning game after a few months off. Can we still use Walmart gift cards to buy Disney gift cards at Sam's club online? Thank you!

Aww, bummer! What are Swagbucks folks doing these days? My Plan B was Swagbucks > Paypal, use our Red Card to buy DGCs at Target online, then use the Paypal to pay off the Red Card.
First SB cash out of the month is still Walmart for me - I just use it for groceries & order a Sam's or Target Disney giftcard before I leave the parking lot. After that, it's always Paypal.

I have heard a few people who cash out SB for Visa giftcards, load that to Paypal, then go to ShopDisney (preferably through RetailmeNot) and get a pretty $25 DGC.

This offer was sold out and is back again, if interested get it asap!

Sam’s Club: Buy $50 Gap Options Gift Cards For $39.98

Last edited:
I have 10% back at Best Buy in my Chase Sapphire Preferred. Will this work if I just buy DGC?
I came here looking for answer to this question, also! Someone else already said it does work, but I'm also wondering if it works online on Best Buy's website?

On 7/22/21 I purchased a $250 Universal GC over the phone with Universal Orlando and used a discounted virtual visa. The TM I spoke with said the transaction went through on her end and I was given a confirmation #.
I just received the email confirmation from Universal and went with free standard shipping.

Keeping my fingers crossed this transaction has no hiccups!

Update:
I received $250 Universal GC on 7/28/21, it took four business days to arrive.

Has any one tried using a Visa/Mastercard gift card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter