• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I read the terms when Posting and it excluded gift cards, obviously not forced seeing you got paid. The offer was get $10 back, how did you get $15, Chase Freedom?

Thanks for posting!
Sorry. I should have been more clear. I bought a $25 Disney GC. I paid $25 with PayPal and my linked credit card (Discover) was charged $25. But I immediately got $10 cash back from PayPal which essentially meant my net OOP was $15. Plus, since Discover has 5% back this quarter for PayPal, I should get another $1.25 cash back from them as well.

As to the GC exclusion in the fine print, the only explanation I can offer is that it might only apply to the purchase of CVS GCs or maybe prepaid Visa/MC/Amex?

I see a flooded backyard in future. (too soon?)

:rotfl2:Not at all!
At least my basement didn't flood like his did. Again, I don't wish that on any one. I don't get why they were swimming in their pool instead of cleaning up though, that was weird.

A few days ago he (Rain Man) and DH had a talk, apparently RM removed the water from his basement, one bucket at a time, climbed up the stairs and poured it out on his driveway. DH asked why didn't you just pour it in the laundry basin/tub and RM replied I thought it would go right back into the basement. I can not make this stuff up!

:rotfl2:Not at all!
At least my basement didn't flood like his did. Again, I don't wish that on any one. I don't get why they were swimming in their pool instead of cleaning up though, that was weird.

A few days ago he (Rain Man) and DH had a talk, apparently RM removed the water from his basement, one bucket at a time, climbed up the stairs and poured it out on his driveway. DH asked why didn't you just pour it in the laundry basin/tub and RM replied I thought it would go right back into the basement. I can not make this stuff up!

Wouldn't a sump pump be an even better option?

Wouldn't a sump pump be an even better option?

Yes, if he had a back up one on hand. Again, they decided to go swimming then later on in the evening work on the flooded basement. Maybe it was too late to buy a new sump pump? Honestly, I don't think he understands the ins & outs of home ownership.

I'll even add, we've gone through at least 4 sump pumps. We always keep a spare along with a hand pump if electricity is out. We also have an alarm system in place. RM has none of these.

I read the terms when Posting and it excluded gift cards, obviously not forced seeing you got paid. The offer was get $10 back, how did you get $15, Chase Freedom?

Thanks for posting!

Most of the ones that exclude gift cards are store gift cards. Meaning if you bought a CVS gift card, you wouldn't get the cash back. But if you buy a 3rd party gift card it codes as a normal purchase. They do this with credit card offers too 99% of the time.

Added Offer ~ 8/01/21

Disney Gift Card Deals
Cub: Earn 2x Fuel Points On Disney Gift Cards (All 3rd Party Gift Cards)
Expires 8/14/21. GC Galore

Discount District
Cub:
Earn 2x Fuel Points On All 3rd Party Gift Cards
Excludes Cub, Visa & Mastercard gift cards.​
Expires 8/14/21. GC Galore

Family Dollar: Save 10% On Wendy’s, Domino’s & Zaxby’s Gift Cards
  • $15 Wendy’s for $13.50
  • $15 Zaxby’s for $13.50
  • $20 Domino’s for $18
  • Expires 8/08/21. GC Galore
Rite Aid: Buy $50 Instacart Or Wayfair Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
Limit 2. Expires 8/07/21. GC Galore

ShopRite:
  • Buy $50 Bath & Body Works Or Spa & Wellness Gift Card & Save $10 On Next Shopping Order
    • Must be one transaction. Limit one per customer.
    • Stack with targeted ShopRite Amex Offer Exp. 9/30/21.
    • ShopRite Stores In Maryland - Expires 8/05/21.
    • ShopRite Stores Outside Of Maryland - Expires 8/07/21.
    • GC Galore
Target: Buy $50+ Prepaid Phone Gift Cards & Get $5 Off
Includes: AT&T, Boost Mobile, BOSS Revolution, Cricket Wireless, H2O Wireless, Net10 Wireless, SafeLink Wireless, Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, TocaTel, Total Wireless, Tracfone, Verizon, Virgin Mobile and possibly more.​
Direct link to offer. Get an extra 5% off by paying with a Target RedCard.​
Expires 8/07/21. To learn more go to GC Galore

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Amazon Store Chase/Bank Amerideals: Save 15% at Amazon 4-Star (Physical Store).
Max $9 Cashback. Expires 9/08/21. Doctor of Credit

Chewy.com Amex Offer: Spend $75+ & Receive $25 Statement Credit or 2,500 Membership Rewards points Targeted
Expires 9/30/21. Doctor of Credit

Filed under MISC. CC Offers
Sears Mastercard:
Get 10% Back On Utilities Targeted via Email
  • For total eligible utilities purchases of $400 or more made each month from 08/01/21 through 10/31/21, you’ll earn 10% back in statement credits. Maximum total of $50 in statement credit(s) each month for this offer. Doctor of Credit
Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps
USAA Shopping Portal: Spend $100/$300 & Earn $10/$25 Bonus Cashback
Direct link to offer. Expires 8/19/21. GC Galore :thumbsup2

MISC.
Verizon Up: Free $3-$5 Gift Card Each Month To Visa, Amazon, Verizon, Home Depot, CVS & More Targeted

Any Kroger shoppers having a hard time transferring fuel points? Grrr, DH was given such a hard time 3x now.

Any Kroger shoppers having a hard time transferring fuel points? Grrr, DH was given such a hard time 3x now.
That’s unfortunate. I’ve transferred my points about 5x now over the course of a year, and it was always an easy’ish process. Some CSR’s handle it quicker than others. I’m curious what their reason is for making it so hard. 😟

That’s unfortunate. I’ve transferred my points about 5x now over the course of a year, and it was always an easy’ish process. Some CSR’s handle it quicker than others. I’m curious what their reason is for making it so hard. 😟

He was told you're only allowed to transfer points 3 times per year. I know some were easy but the last three times he tried they gave him grief. We never had to do this until the pandemic and have been loyal Kroger customers so yeah, I don't get it. Really, what's the big deal?

Now that things have slowly moved forward, driving to the office, going out more etc. their attitude will definitely effect how & when we purchase during 4x Fuel and other promotions. Bummer!

I'll be doing this deal for sure!

He was told you're only allowed to transfer points 3 times per year. I know some were easy but the last three times he tried they gave him grief. We never had to do this until the pandemic and have been loyal Kroger customers so yeah, I don't get it. Really, what's the big deal?

Now that things have slowly moved forward, driving to the office, going out more etc. their attitude will definitely effect how & when we purchase during 4x Fuel and other promotions. Bummer!

I'll be doing this deal for sure!
Ok, yes I have heard of the 3x limit. I just haven’t encountered a difficult CSR yet. They may be tightening up the reigns so to speak. Something I will also have to keep in mind.

Amazon Warehouse: Additional 20% Off
  • Amazon Warehouse is offering 20% off warehouse which can be found here. Discount applies automatically at checkout.
  • To learn more go to Doctor of Credit
Amazon had an additional 20% off warehouse deals a while ago, I bought homelegance 3228-15 writing desk for $108. It's huge! 60”L x 28”W x 30”H
It took about a month to arrive and much to my surprise, the only thing messed up/damaged was the shipping box. :teeth:

DH is converting it into my new sewing cabinet. Truthfully, all I was interested in was the hardware. In comments, many stated the wood was too rough to write on. It most certainly is. ::yes::

Ok, yes I have heard of the 3x limit. I just haven’t encountered a difficult CSR yet. They may be tightening up the reigns so to speak. Something I will also have to keep in mind.
I can't find it - what does transferring mean?

Spend at least $20, get $10 back if you use PayPal or Venmo in store for the first time. I bought a variable-load GC for $25 (the minimum you can load onto the card) and got the cash back email from PayPal almost immediately. Sweet deal! A $25 GC for $15!

View attachment 593078
I wanted to try this - how can I find it? Was it in the CVS app or anything?

I found it. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
I would get the gift card to get the FULL amount of cash back for the promo and then use the GC to pay for the check in.
Last I checked, you cannot use SW gift cards to pay for EBCI only. You can pay for it when you buy your tickets, but not if you are adding it on at a later time, which is what I was doing. I don't really buy EBCI for the boarding/seating position, but more because I get so tied up with my travel plans (either before or during vacation) that I do not want to forget to check in at the 24 hour mark. For this trip, I am flying with my DD16 who has some social anxiety and there is NO way she would tolerate sitting in a middle seat, separated from me. I do not want to chance getting a "C" boarding position and end up in middle seats. For me, the $50 is worth the convenience of having the automatic check in, which should guarantee that we will not be split up. Even if we do not get "A" boarding, we should not get "C" boarding, thus assuring that we should not be in middle seats and separated.

Wait... You can transfer them? What do you transfer them to? We don't have a gas station that I can use the fuel points at near by (closest is 45 miles) so I never bother with those deals.

Wait... You can transfer them? What do you transfer them to? We don't have a gas station that I can use the fuel points at near by (closest is 45 miles) so I never bother with those deals.
Then you're really missing out and not earning your full %

The topic is Kroger fuel points; call to see if Kroger customer service can transfer your points to the following month. It's late now, but let's say you earned 2,000 fuel points in August and only used 1,000 points. On August 30th try calling CS to have them transfer the remaining 1,000 fuel points to September so they don't go to waste.

Recently we've been told you are only allowed do to this 3 times in a calendar year but due to Covid we've been able to transfer our unused points for several months, which was very helpful. Lately we've been given a hard time maybe due to the whole "Let's Get Moving Again" mantra despite the uptick in cases.

Edit to add: On Post #2 Discount District under Kroger DP: I added this:
It includes how you can use other gas stations to use your fuel points and offers other options so they don't go to waste. Saving 14% when buying $250 in gift cards + earning CC cashback/miles is all part of it. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter