Updated 1/22! Photos and a little reporting.

Hi there!!

We are pleased and I am getting more excited by the day. The girls and I were at the mall today and I had to go by the Disney Store. I needed my fix!! I know you guys have got to be getting excited!

I TOTALLY KWYM!!!! I can't even count the # of times we have been to the Disney Store since booking this trip. It doesn't help that Sharky and I have a running contest to see who can get the most Disney shirts :lmao: We definitely are excited! All the new magic band and FP+ crap has me a bit grouchy though and worried that we will have issues getting on TSMM and TT. Other than that I'm really looking forward to it.

I TOTALLY KWYM!!!! I can't even count the # of times we have been to the Disney Store since booking this trip. It doesn't help that Sharky and I have a running contest to see who can get the most Disney shirts :lmao: We definitely are excited! All the new magic band and FP+ crap has me a bit grouchy though and worried that we will have issues getting on TSMM and TT. Other than that I'm really looking forward to it.

I am so glad that we don't have to deal with the magic bands. I hate that kind of thing, I hear that they have gotten tighter on the FPs at DLR. We usually aren't there when it is busy enough to need them. This trip though on the first few days we might. It is supposed to be the last two days of Christmas at the parks. So we will have the people that "need" that one last day of Christmas.:santa: I am kind of excited to see the change. The two days of Christmas and then come back to non seasonal. The best of both worlds!:rotfl:

I am so glad that we don't have to deal with the magic bands. I hate that kind of thing, I hear that they have gotten tighter on the FPs at DLR. We usually aren't there when it is busy enough to need them. This trip though on the first few days we might. It is supposed to be the last two days of Christmas at the parks. So we will have the people that "need" that one last day of Christmas.:santa: I am kind of excited to see the change. The two days of Christmas and then come back to non seasonal. The best of both worlds!:rotfl:

You're really lucky! I'm sure before too long they'll start to release MB's at DLR too and all the other Disney parks. WDW is just the "lucky" one to get it first. It's SO ANNOYING!!! They did tighten up on FP usage before the FP+ started rolling out though. That will be neat to see the park done up for Christmas and then in it's pure form in the same trip. The last time we were at WDW where there was no event going on was last Feb.

You're really lucky! I'm sure before too long they'll start to release MB's at DLR too and all the other Disney parks. WDW is just the "lucky" one to get it first. It's SO ANNOYING!!! They did tighten up on FP usage before the FP+ started rolling out though. That will be neat to see the park done up for Christmas and then in it's pure form in the same trip. The last time we were at WDW where there was no event going on was last Feb.

I think they may be doing the bands thing for the onsite guest at DLR too. Since we have decided the stay offsite we should miss out on all of that joy. I hope we don't have to deal with all of the FP+. That takes so much fun out. The last few times we have been there something has been going on. It will be nice to have that pure park time there.

I think they may be doing the bands thing for the onsite guest at DLR too. Since we have decided the stay offsite we should miss out on all of that joy. I hope we don't have to deal with all of the FP+. That takes so much fun out. The last few times we have been there something has been going on. It will be nice to have that pure park time there.

I think it's just WDW right now but I could be wrong. I agree that FP+ takes the fun out of it. I am not looking fwd to having to keep up with FP times that are made before we even arrive.

I bet they are excited. I love the excitement towards school when they are little. I always have enjoyed when the kids go back to school. The first few days are great for doing the things that we struggle to find time for then it comes time to miss them a little. It will give you time to rest a little too and that is a good thing. Thank you. We are really excited about the house. I am getting ready to go met with our contractor. The cabinet maker is coming to do the measurements and get some drawings done for my approval.

Jeremy is counting down the days (he told my mom today on the phone that he couldn't wait for school to start because he's bored doing all the stuff we do here!!) And the closer it gets the more nervous Sarah is getting. I don't know why because the odds are looking very good for her getting Jeremy's teacher from last year and she loves her!! We got to see her over the summer and Sarah was over the top, giving her hugs and telling her everything that's been going on. On top of getting things done around here I still have to finish up all the planning for James and Sarah's birthday party on September 8 (there birthday's are 2 days apart)! What the heck was I thinking scheduling it for 2 weeks after school started!! :confused3 Oh well at least it'll be done! That's awesome your meeting with the contractor! I'm so happy for you guys that things are moving forward so well!!

Having been there the days your going your right the crowds will probably be higher the last days of Christmas. But nothing like the Christmas/New Year's crowds we've dealt with in the past. I'm really sad I'm missing out on Christmas at DL this year due to the baby (I'll be way to close to my due date for the Dr. to allow me to travel that far) but that's ok, I'll live through your report. And we'll hopefully be going in April when the kids are on Spring Break.

I think it's just WDW right now but I could be wrong. I agree that FP+ takes the fun out of it. I am not looking fwd to having to keep up with FP times that are made before we even arrive.

Me too. Plus I think it takes a lot of the fun out of the situation. I don't want to plan what rides and when I want to ride them.

Jeremy is counting down the days (he told my mom today on the phone that he couldn't wait for school to start because he's bored doing all the stuff we do here!!) And the closer it gets the more nervous Sarah is getting. I don't know why because the odds are looking very good for her getting Jeremy's teacher from last year and she loves her!! We got to see her over the summer and Sarah was over the top, giving her hugs and telling her everything that's been going on. On top of getting things done around here I still have to finish up all the planning for James and Sarah's birthday party on September 8 (there birthday's are 2 days apart)! What the heck was I thinking scheduling it for 2 weeks after school started!! :confused3 Oh well at least it'll be done! That's awesome your meeting with the contractor! I'm so happy for you guys that things are moving forward so well!!

Having been there the days your going your right the crowds will probably be higher the last days of Christmas. But nothing like the Christmas/New Year's crowds we've dealt with in the past. I'm really sad I'm missing out on Christmas at DL this year due to the baby (I'll be way to close to my due date for the Dr. to allow me to travel that far) but that's ok, I'll live through your report. And we'll hopefully be going in April when the kids are on Spring Break.

I love how excited kids get when they are younger about school. Jeremy sounds like he is chomping at the bit to be there. Sarah will be fine once she gets to school and gets started. It was great fun meeting the contractor and I got to meet the cabinet maker too. It all seems so unreal to me at this point.

I think it should be fun having the two sides of Disneyland. I think the baby if far better than Disneyland anytime!! April should be fun with the kids being able to show their baby sibling Disneyland.

I think it should be fun having the two sides of Disneyland. I think the baby if far better than Disneyland anytime!! April should be fun with the kids being able to show their baby sibling Disneyland.

I agree completely that the baby is whole lot better than DL! I think I'm going to miss my stress free holiday more than anything. Last year was our first year home for Christmas in 8 years!! I call it my stress free holiday. I already told DH I am NOT hosting or planning the holiday's this year. It's my SIL's turn! I've done it the last couple years and am not going to do it while pregnant. And I'm refusing to go to more than one house a day. Not going to wear myself or the kids out if I can help it. So we'll see what happens. Jeremy is a pro at showing his younger siblings DL!! We took both Sarah and James when they were 3 months old and Jeremy would just point everything out to them. It was adorable!! It's his home away from home. They are already asking to go back and I told them hopefully next year in April when they are on Spring Break. James then asked "Do I get to see Oogy Boogy? and Jack?" When I told him no he then goes well I don't want to go then I want to see Jack!! He loves The Nightmare Before Christmas for some reason and is disappointed that we may not see him. (I'm pushing for a Thanksgiving trip but don't think it's going to happen since I'm still considered high risk and my Dr. may say no about going that far.)

Yay! I love your trip reports! I am following!

Thank you! Hello! Welcome to the party! Looks like you have a trip coming up real soon!

I agree completely that the baby is whole lot better than DL! I think I'm going to miss my stress free holiday more than anything. Last year was our first year home for Christmas in 8 years!! I call it my stress free holiday. I already told DH I am NOT hosting or planning the holiday's this year. It's my SIL's turn! I've done it the last couple years and am not going to do it while pregnant. And I'm refusing to go to more than one house a day. Not going to wear myself or the kids out if I can help it. So we'll see what happens. Jeremy is a pro at showing his younger siblings DL!! We took both Sarah and James when they were 3 months old and Jeremy would just point everything out to them. It was adorable!! It's his home away from home. They are already asking to go back and I told them hopefully next year in April when they are on Spring Break. James then asked "Do I get to see Oogy Boogy? and Jack?" When I told him no he then goes well I don't want to go then I want to see Jack!! He loves The Nightmare Before Christmas for some reason and is disappointed that we may not see him. (I'm pushing for a Thanksgiving trip but don't think it's going to happen since I'm still considered high risk and my Dr. may say no about going that far.)

I understand about missing a stress free holiday. You need the stress free holiday. The stress might be worse on you than the travel. I am sure that your hubby will make sure to keep the wolves at bay. Jeremy sounds like a fire cracker! I am with him on Oogy Boogy. I think the NBC layover makes it much more light hearted and fun. I will pray that you are able to get the November trip, I think you need one stress free holiday!

Why is my ticker not ticking?????

Since this is a planning thread I shall commence with some plans!

This is my one attempt at artsy. This is our hotel. Scotty and I stayed there in February 2012 for our 20th anniversary.

This is an example of their free breakfast. It tastes so good! Plus there are so many selections that make it more than worth it.

We even got a towel design!

This is from their king room. This bed is so comfortable.

The table and chairs.

The desk.

The entrance and wet bar.

This is the hotel we fell in love with in 2012 and will be staying at in January, 2014.

I think there is an issue going on with a few different ticker sites working. I know Carla's was not working and I noticed mine was either.

So, I put in one of the DIS tickers. Maybe change it to one of theirs :goodvibes

I think there is an issue going on with a few different ticker sites working. I know Carla's was not working and I noticed mine was either.

So, I put in one of the DIS tickers. Maybe change it to one of theirs :goodvibes

How do you find any tickers that are more than words on DIS? Never mind.....:rolleyes1

Okay now for the big announcement.....(why is there no drum roll emoticon?)

I have decided to go with my favorite hotel. We are going to rent three rooms at the Ayre's. It saves us roughly $2500. I figure that will buy the tickets and food. In the long run it is much better for all of us. Not earth shattering but I am happy with the decision. That also means that I have pictures that I can post of the hotel before we go even! And once we are there! Oooh! :rotfl:

Woo! and wow that was a fast change. :)

bumbershoot said:
Woo! and wow that was a fast change. :)

I did do that fast didn't I? It is because I want to plan the perfect trip.

I understand about missing a stress free holiday. You need the stress free holiday. The stress might be worse on you than the travel. I am sure that your hubby will make sure to keep the wolves at bay. Jeremy sounds like a fire cracker! I am with him on Oogy Boogy. I think the NBC layover makes it much more light hearted and fun. I will pray that you are able to get the November trip, I think you need one stress free holiday!

Yes no stress is a nice thing!! But I've had people tell me oh I'd never go to DL pregnant it's too stressful!! :rotfl2: I just laugh and go only you make it stressful. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself and your family and there is no stress even when the lines are over 2 hours long!!! I think I deserve one stress free holiday too!! Now to get the Dr. and DH to agree!! :rotfl2:

James is something else! He came up to Jeremy and I today and whispered to us "Shhh! Your being too noisy. Lightening McQueen is trying to sleep!!!" We couldn't help but laugh!! I love Haunted Mansion but the NBC is really fun and neat to see.

Yes no stress is a nice thing!! But I've had people tell me oh I'd never go to DL pregnant it's too stressful!! :rotfl2: I just laugh and go only you make it stressful. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself and your family and there is no stress even when the lines are over 2 hours long!!! I think I deserve one stress free holiday too!! Now to get the Dr. and DH to agree!! :rotfl2:

James is something else! He came up to Jeremy and I today and whispered to us "Shhh! Your being too noisy. Lightening McQueen is trying to sleep!!!" We couldn't help but laugh!! I love Haunted Mansion but the NBC is really fun and neat to see.

Disneyland is never stressful for me so I know what you mean. I am a go with the flow person. If the lines are too long they will slow down. Hopefully the Dr and DH agree.

James sounds like a fire cracker! I hope Lightening got a good rest!

Disneyland is never stressful for me so I know what you mean. I am a go with the flow person. If the lines are too long they will slow down. Hopefully the Dr and DH agree.

James sounds like a fire cracker! I hope Lightening got a good rest!

Before kids we were all go, go, go. Then we had Jeremy. Started to slow down a little bit. Really slowed down after we had Sarah and James. Now we enjoy our time together as much as the rides. We've also learned show up early, leave mid day for a break, come back around 5 or 6 (depending on parade times) and we can last until closing and see the nighttime shows. I see my Dr. again on Sept 20 so I figure I'll talk to her then. She may say lets see how you feel when it get's closer.

He sure is!! I think he did because about 10 mins after that comment James was yelling at him to wake up because it was race time!! :lmao:

Before kids we were all go, go, go. Then we had Jeremy. Started to slow down a little bit. Really slowed down after we had Sarah and James. Now we enjoy our time together as much as the rides. We've also learned show up early, leave mid day for a break, come back around 5 or 6 (depending on parade times) and we can last until closing and see the nighttime shows. I see my Dr. again on Sept 20 so I figure I'll talk to her then. She may say lets see how you feel when it get's closer.

He sure is!! I think he did because about 10 mins after that comment James was yelling at him to wake up because it was race time!! :lmao:

So were Scotty and I. Once the kids were old enough as teenagers we started letting them go of on their own and we did what we wanted. The last trip we took we took our own pace and did things we had never taken the time to do like ride in the Lily Belle and just relax. It was awesome! I will think happy thoughts for you on the Dr letting you go!

I hope Lightening won!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter