Updated 1/22! Photos and a little reporting.

You know you are a true diser when you change your hotel at least 3 times

:rotfl2:

But that is a great savings, so I do not blame you at all:thumbsup2

You know you are a true diser when you change your hotel at least 3 times

:rotfl2:

But that is a great savings, so I do not blame you at all:thumbsup2

No doubt!:rotfl:

It was way to good to pass up! But, I still have the AP. We get discounts on the food and souvenirs.

I'm in! You guys so deserve this trip!

Can't wait to hear all your plans. I'm planning a trip to DL in May and I haven't been there since 2005 so I need all details I can get. :)

Jill in CO

MICHELE!!! I am so excited for you, Thanks for the heads up on the PTR!! :goodvibes A full-blown, exciting, over-the-top DL trip is just what you need after your rough year. I know NOTHING about DL (okay, very little about DL, thanks to Sandra and LisaB). I am so very happy for you , I can't hardly type! :woohoo::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm in! You guys so deserve this trip!

Can't wait to hear all your plans. I'm planning a trip to DL in May and I haven't been there since 2005 so I need all details I can get. :)

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! Oh there have been a lot of changes since 2005. That should be a real fun trip for you!

MICHELE!!! I am so excited for you, Thanks for the heads up on the PTR!! :goodvibes A full-blown, exciting, over-the-top DL trip is just what you need after your rough year. I know NOTHING about DL (okay, very little about DL, thanks to Sandra and LisaB). I am so very happy for you , I can't hardly type! :woohoo::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi Judy!! Thank you! I am really excited and I want to make this as special trip for the family as I can so there will be a lot of planning for it!

Yay for Ayres!! I know you love it there & saving $2500 is HUGE!!! That sounds like dinner at the Carthay, Blue Bayou, Jazz Kitchen, souvenirs and not feel guilty!! :goodvibes

Yay for Ayres!! I know you love it there & saving $2500 is HUGE!!! That sounds like dinner at the Carthay, Blue Bayou, Jazz Kitchen, souvenirs and not feel guilty!! :goodvibes

Exactly! Although knowing my family Blue Bayou and Jazz Kitchen are probably out. Kody would rather do character meals. Loren won't be picky and Kacy will pretend to not want to do the character meals all the while actually wanting to.:goodvibes Scotty loves Goofy's Kitchen, so that is a must. Kacy is not a breakfast person so Goofy's and Ariel's are probably the ones for us.

I want Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans. Maybe Blue Bayou just Scotty and I. Ayres is my favorite and it's like Kacy and I were discussing it is ranked number 1 in all of Anaheim for a reason.

so glad your getting to go to DL!! You do need this trip after everything that's happened!! Can't wait to hear more!!

ladylyons said:
so glad your getting to go to DL!! You do need this trip after everything that's happened!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Hi Sandra!
Glad to see you here! How are the kids? How are you?

Hi Sandra!
Glad to see you here! How are the kids? How are you?

They are getting excited about school starting next week! I'm sad to see the summer end but at the same time pretty happy that they will be gone a couple hours a day so I can get stuff done around here!! I'm doing well. Just a little tired at times. I'm glad to hear that things are moving along with your house!

Okay now for the big announcement.....(why is there no drum roll emoticon?)

I have decided to go with my favorite hotel. We are going to rent three rooms at the Ayre's. It saves us roughly $2500. I figure that will buy the tickets and food. In the long run it is much better for all of us. Not earth shattering but I am happy with the decision. That also means that I have pictures that I can post of the hotel before we go even! And once we are there! Oooh! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

They are getting excited about school starting next week! I'm sad to see the summer end but at the same time pretty happy that they will be gone a couple hours a day so I can get stuff done around here!! I'm doing well. Just a little tired at times. I'm glad to hear that things are moving along with your house!

I bet they are excited. I love the excitement towards school when they are little. I always have enjoyed when the kids go back to school. The first few days are great for doing the things that we struggle to find time for then it comes time to miss them a little. It will give you time to rest a little too and that is a good thing. Thank you. We are really excited about the house. I am getting ready to go met with our contractor. The cabinet maker is coming to do the measurements and get some drawings done for my approval.

:flower3:

I'm here. But I have to run, so I'll be back when things calm down.

Michelle, it's nice to see you here. I am praying for JJ.

Exactly! Although knowing my family Blue Bayou and Jazz Kitchen are probably out. Kody would rather do character meals. Loren won't be picky and Kacy will pretend to not want to do the character meals all the while actually wanting to.:goodvibes Scotty loves Goofy's Kitchen, so that is a must. Kacy is not a breakfast person so Goofy's and Ariel's are probably the ones for us.

I want Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans. Maybe Blue Bayou just Scotty and I. Ayres is my favorite and it's like Kacy and I were discussing it is ranked number 1 in all of Anaheim for a reason.

:goodvibes The restaurants I listed were just ideas (more on the high end).....but character meals would fit the bill too!! Derek isn't a fan of the breakfasts either but we do them anyways...... lol but I do try to plan for a couple hours after they've been up & running.

I love Cafe Orleans.....their gumbo is to die for!!

Maybe I'll have to look in Ayres......do they have their own shuttle or is it the ART?

Only 4 pages in and already 3 hotel changes, AP purchases and adding a night! What excitement! I saw someone mention they're going to the Fri the 13th villain night at DHS, I will be there too that day/night so if I can help get you anything while I am there just let me know! I'm excited about how your house is coming along too! Sounds like you're starting off 2014 the right way and hopefully it will be a great year for you guys! You sure do need it!

Only 4 pages in and already 3 hotel changes, AP purchases and adding a night! What excitement! I saw someone mention they're going to the Fri the 13th villain night at DHS, I will be there too that day/night so if I can help get you anything while I am there just let me know! I'm excited about how your house is coming along too! Sounds like you're starting off 2014 the right way and hopefully it will be a great year for you guys! You sure do need it!

Leger13 -

Hi!:wave:

I'm going to the 9/13 Villains thing at Disneyland, not at DHS. Is the WDW equivalent of the Villains event being held in DHS? I hadn't kept track of where the WDW Limited Time Magic events were being held in comparison to our DLR versions.

Michele -- I offered to get something Villains-esque for you because I got the Christmas tree antenna topper at DLR for you a few years ago and I'm sure it has been lost forever. This would be a 'replacement' of sorts, but a different item entirely. I don't know if you will want me to get anything for you, nor do I know what 13th Hour/Unleash the Villains event merchandise will even be...but you know where to find me if you need anything. You can always track me down on Facebook or here. Just let me know before 9/13.

Glad I have time to come and celebrate that you are planning your trip! It's nice to have something to look forward to in the middle of the crazy!

And you'd better share pictures of the Disney rooms in your house when they are done! My Disney decor is pretty much limited to DS8's Phoneas and Ferb room, all my Mickey stuff around my computer (I work from home), and a few nods here and there. I am resisting/coveting a "pumpkin coach" fall decoration at Hobby Lobby that is subtle.

Good luck with the trip planning!

PHXscuba

p.s. That AP will burn a hole in your pocket ...

:goodvibes The restaurants I listed were just ideas (more on the high end).....but character meals would fit the bill too!! Derek isn't a fan of the breakfasts either but we do them anyways...... lol but I do try to plan for a couple hours after they've been up & running.

I love Cafe Orleans.....their gumbo is to die for!!

Maybe I'll have to look in Ayres......do they have their own shuttle or is it the ART?

Kacy just plain doesn't like breakfast foods. It doesn't matter the time of day.

Kody is our pickiest eater and she has to find something she likes to eat at a restaurant before I will make plans for it. Thankfully you can find menus online to see what they serve.

The Ayres is on the ART systems. The Ayres is the second stop on that line, the first is the Amtrak station so there is normally not anyone on the ART when you get on. I believe that the ART buses run every 15 minutes but I could be wrong. They send two buses at the end of the day. Here is the tripadvisor information about the Ayres.

No more changes!! We are set and everyone is happy, happy, happy!! But, there is always excitement!!

Leger13 -

I'm going to the 9/13 Villains thing at Disneyland, not at DHS. Is the WDW equivalent of the Villains event being held in DHS? I hadn't kept track of where the WDW Limited Time Magic events were being held in comparison to our DLR versions.

Michele -- I offered to get something Villains-esque for you because I got the Christmas tree antenna topper at DLR for you a few years ago and I'm sure it has been lost forever. This would be a 'replacement' of sorts, but a different item entirely. I don't know if you will want me to get anything for you, nor do I know what 13th Hour/Unleash the Villains event merchandise will even be...but you know where to find me if you need anything. You can always track me down on Facebook or here. Just let me know before 9/13.

Sherry, thank you that is so sweet! I was heart broken to lose my tree that you got for me! Thank you!

I am so excited for your trip! I would be down there for that if I could in a heart beat!

Glad I have time to come and celebrate that you are planning your trip! It's nice to have something to look forward to in the middle of the crazy!

And you'd better share pictures of the Disney rooms in your house when they are done! My Disney decor is pretty much limited to DS8's Phoneas and Ferb room, all my Mickey stuff around my computer (I work from home), and a few nods here and there. I am resisting/coveting a "pumpkin coach" fall decoration at Hobby Lobby that is subtle.

Good luck with the trip planning!

PHXscuba

p.s. That AP will burn a hole in your pocket ...

Hi! Thank you and welcome! I am so excited!

We are going to have a Disney house for sure! I will definitely post pictures. I saw my contractor today and he told me that he is going to be getting some granite and cultured marble samples to the site for me to pick what I want. I am hoping for dark cultured marble for my Villains bathroom.

Leger13 -

I suppose I didn't realize that DLR is having the same event. But yes, WDW version of it is being held at DHS.

No more changes!! We are set and everyone is happy, happy, happy!! But, there is always excitement!!

Changes are just fine ;) That's what disney trip planning is all about! But glad you are all happy with the plans as of right now. It sounds like it will be a wonderful trip

I suppose I didn't realize that DLR is having the same event. But yes, WDW version of it is being held at DHS.

Changes are just fine ;) That's what disney trip planning is all about! But glad you are all happy with the plans as of right now. It sounds like it will be a wonderful trip

Hi there!!

We are pleased and I am getting more excited by the day. The girls and I were at the mall today and I had to go by the Disney Store. I needed my fix!! I know you guys have got to be getting excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter