Update on possibilites of Transformers

I don't see anything about that? :confused3

Me neither. There's nothing at all in there saying that Amity won't be replaced by HP.

They must have read this,"Universal Orlando has filed a slew of construction permits with the City of Orlando for a project in Universal Studios Florida that appears not to be the second Harry Potter land" and came to the conclusion that the author was talking about Amity."

All the article says here is that there are other things going on in the park. It is referring to the new Soundstage 44 permits that were filed. The permits weren't filed for the Amity area. The second paragraph of the article refers to the first paragraph. The second paragraph says, "There's a contractor attached to the project and approvals are coming in, so this project appears fast-tracked. There's been movement around the old "Murder, She Wrote" soundstage in the park, too, leading to speculation that might be the site of the impending demolition work."

Here's what Screamscape had to say this morning.

Rumor - (6/18/12) Odd things are afoot at Universal Studios Florida this past week, especially where Soundstage 44 is concerned. SS#44 is otherwise known as the former home to the short-lived Hercules / Xena attraction, and Murder She Wrote before that. The closed building has served a number of behind the scenes purposes over the years, but I believe was last used for guests as a haunt for The Director several years ago.
Previously work permits were issued for Halloween Horror Nights in seven locations for this year’s haunts. As in past years, it looks like they were reusing the old locations from the past once again, with the exception of the old Jaws queue house being dropped due to demolition, and the new Parade Building structure was also left off the list. As you can see as posted at HHNRumors.com, added to the list was a work order to include “BLD44 HERC&XENA” for a temporary haunt for HHN 2012.
This week things got weird… as a demolition permit was suddenly issued for Building 44. This was followed by the quick setup of heavy duty construction barrier walls surrounding the building and digging machines have already begun to tear up a few large holes in the ground behind the walls. If that wasn’t enough, there are also rumors claiming that Universal Creative performed some kind of balloon test on the site, floating up the balloons fairly high into the sky extending from the corners of Building 44, which could indicate we could be looking at a 50-75 foot structure being planned for the site.
Of course the internet is in a complete tizzy over this already because something is coming… and whatever it is, it looks to be something not only just approved at the last second, but something they are in a big hurry to fast-track into reality. Perhaps something to act as a stop-gap attraction in the off-years while we wait for the London side of the Potterverse. Along this same line of thought… if they are going to fast-track something there is a good chance it could be a copy of another attraction built or under construction elsewhere. ParkRumors has their own thoughts on some of this as well, along with details about the permits that report that these are attached to Universal Creative and not the park, which also is a good indication that this is for a new attraction.
It wont be the new Sesame ride rumored to be on the way to Singapore since the SeaWorld/ Busch parks have the rights to Sesame in the USA. Most of the attractions in the other Universal parks are already in place in Orlando as well with few exceptions. The site is really too small for a King Kong 3-D 360 style attraction… which has left everyone to wonder if there was a change of heart about bringing Transformers to Orlando after all. The ride has been an enormous hit for both the Singapore and Hollywood parks, which has caused some increased
guests demand for it to come to Orlando. I’m not saying it is Transformers yet… but mearly something to keep in mind while we dig a little deeper. Stay tuned while we wait for our spies to report in.

Until Universal announces it, I don't think anyone is 100% sold. Maybe, 99%. ;)

Yup :lmao: I have some news though. Someone from Orlando United is reporting that the Donkey M&G is being located somewhere else, but we don't know where yet.

Yup :lmao: I have some news though. Someone from Orlando United is reporting that the Donkey M&G is being located somewhere else, but we don't know where yet.

That's kind of a given. It's currently located on the outside of Building 44. Due to it's current status, they'd have to relocate the shrek M&G.

The Amex lounge is also located in that building.

That's kind of a given. It's currently located on the outside of Building 44. Due to it's current status, they'd have to relocate the shrek M&G.

The Amex lounge is also located in that building.

I'm thinking the Shrek M&Gs can be moved inside Shrek 4D, but I don't know where Amex could go.

It doesn't say that anywhere about Amity. Amity is still going to be Potter, the article is about another addition to the park separate from the Jaws/Amity area.

The other areas of the park (around soundstage 44) may be transformers related, but if it is, odds are not going to be the same ride/attraction as in Hollywood, probably something very different. Although the 2 story footprint for it in Hollywood is almost identical to the footprint of the soundstage in Florida. So...

Whatever it is probably will be open before the potter expansion, but there are also rumors the area between Simpsons and Men in Black will get used sometime soon too, along with replacements for Terminator, a KidZone update, and possibly Twister. With all this the stuff going on at the studios side; the scale seems closer to the overhaul California Adventure just got, all without the big to do announcements about it. (at least for now) I'm pretty amazed at what's going on there, after a few years it will be like a brand new park. I think the area behind monsters cafe was chosen first to avoid downtime for even more attractions, and to fill in a dead area of the park.

I'd place money that soon as that attraction gets finished another older one will go down after it for an replacement/update. Much like the idea of the train between IOA/USF in the potter areas, a lot of the "no way that could be true" type of stuff seems to be actually occurring, and I think they are not done with surprises.

Now that SS44 is off the list, I think this is Universal's priorities:

1. Close Terminator ( It's closing in USH this year )
2. Announce something at the demolished Hard Rock
3. Announce Terminator's replacement
4. Open SS44 replacement
5. Open Terminator's replacement, then announce something inbetween Simpsons and MIB
6. Open Hard Rock's replacement
7. Open Amity's replacement followed by the new World Expo

From what I have read, it sounds like the whole kidzone may be redone after the Amity replacement. I wouldn't be surprised to see the old Hard Rock become part of that.

We've also heard rumblings of something new between Simpsons and MIB, something new between OFTF and Cat in the Hat.

Right now it sounds like we've got the SS44 activity as well as Amity activity and activity over in IOA with a HP expansion.

I haven't heard any rumblings about closing T2-3D in Orlando.

Personally, I think all this money being thrown at the parks is amazing and it is great for everyone who goes to any park in Orlando.

Why would they close Terminator? It's still a good place to rest up and get out of the sun if they can get the motorbike to work at least. Is something else rumored to go there too?

I would mind a Transformers attraction. Those are a cool bunch of characters, mediocre movies notwithstanding.

It doesn't say that anywhere about Amity. Amity is still going to be Potter, the article is about another addition to the park separate from the Jaws/Amity area.

The other areas of the park (around soundstage 44) may be transformers related, but if it is, odds are not going to be the same ride/attraction as in Hollywood, probably something very different. Although the 2 story footprint for it in Hollywood is almost identical to the footprint of the soundstage in Florida. So...

Whatever it is probably will be open before the potter expansion, but there are also rumors the area between Simpsons and Men in Black will get used sometime soon too, along with replacements for Terminator, a KidZone update, and possibly Twister. With all this the stuff going on at the studios side; the scale seems closer to the overhaul California Adventure just got, all without the big to do announcements about it. (at least for now) I'm pretty amazed at what's going on there, after a few years it will be like a brand new park. I think the area behind monsters cafe was chosen first to avoid downtime for even more attractions, and to fill in a dead area of the park.

I'd place money that soon as that attraction gets finished another older one will go down after it for an replacement/update. Much like the idea of the train between IOA/USF in the potter areas, a lot of the "no way that could be true" type of stuff seems to be actually occurring, and I think they are not done with surprises.

Actually, this was supposed to be the case from the time it was built. The original idea behind the Studios was to keep the attractions relatively current with their most popular movies.

Personally, I think all this money being thrown at the parks is amazing and it is great for everyone who goes to any park in Orlando.

This is my thought exactly!

Maybe they've listened to the rumblings of needing more family rides. All the HP activity has increased the number of young children in the parks.

-hopefully they do a family ride that isn't a simulator! Maybe something related to Sponge Bob? He has been around a long time and is still going strong.

Why would they close Terminator? It's still a good place to rest up and get out of the sun if they can get the motorbike to work at least. Is something else rumored to go there too?

A few reasons...they have to pay 5 actors to do every show, plus there's some probably expensive effects and liability due to the stunts performed.

The terminator movie already had 2 more movies since that one, and I heard another one may be on its way, so it starts to get "dated" for some people.

As far as why all of these rumors just started cropping up? I don't think its coincidence that Disney just said they're going to drop the spenidng in the parks for some time...this gives Universal a perfect time to step up.

This is my thought exactly!

Maybe they've listened to the rumblings of needing more family rides. All the HP activity has increased the number of young children in the parks.

-hopefully they do a family ride that isn't a simulator! Maybe something related to Sponge Bob? He has been around a long time and is still going strong.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire Curious George area being redone to a Sponge Bob area. It would be really sweet.

SS44 will be completely demolished sometime tonight. If anyone is at the park tomorrow give us an update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter