Update on my Little Container Garden

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
My beans are just about done. I got the equivelent of about $9 worth out of this first harvest. Some of my plants didn't make it following the smoke plume that came rolling at us. I've started eight more bean plants inside and will move them outside as soon as the last beans are picked off the current ones.

My tomatoes have about 12 little green tomato fruits--I figure they'll be ready to start picking in a few weeks. The lettuce is great, I have a salad every day, that's saved me about $20 so far--that's about broken even on cost. No peppers yet, but they've all flowered, so I figure in a couple weeks I'll have the first of them.

Anne

Great! I'm jealous of your year-round growing ability.

Sounds like a good start!

I'm in the upper mid-Atlantic so we're just getting going. Last year I had a great year with early greens and radishes. This year, not so much. But my herbs (basil, thyme, dill and cilantro) are doing well so far and my tomatoes and peppers look strong so I have high hopes. This weekend we're sowing green beans, summer squashes, and pumpkins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter