Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

Yes, they recently changed to Antigua. Rccl has made some really odd decisions lately. Didn't cancel a San Juan 9/30 sailing til yesterday. Still planning on home porting there starting 10/6.

I don't get them at all; it's horrible customer service to keep stringing people along when it's very clear they can't home port a ship there in 10 days.

People aren't driving in for this cruise either-the idea that 3,000 people are going to fly into that airport is idiotic.

Nov. 4th is now doing Western with the new Costa Maya port added that wasn't there before. The DCL page shows the new itinerary for Nov. 4th.

Just saw this- sea day, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, sea day, Castaway Cay

We lost a sea day, but not a terrible itenerary. We've sailed to these ports before so it isn't too exciting, but glad that we know for sure now.
Bonus though- I grabbed a Palo brunch reservation that wasn't available before! :yay:

Just saw this- sea day, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, sea day, Castaway Cay

We lost a sea day, but not a terrible itenerary. We've sailed to these ports before so it isn't too exciting, but glad that we know for sure now.
Bonus though- I grabbed a Palo brunch reservation that wasn't available before! :yay:
Congrats on Palo!
We did costa maya on the Fantasy in 2012.

Congrats on Palo!
We did costa maya on the Fantasy in 2012.

Thanks!!!
We did Costa Maya last year- we were on the Hurricane Matthew cruise so our itenerary was changed then too!
We didn't do an excursion though, did y'all? Any recommendations?

Even if you could fly 3,000 people into San Juan and get them to the port, the kind of customer experience involved (and complete obliviousness of the cruise line) is astounding.

"Hey, look! No one has power, and there are fuel and generator issues, but we have this big bus to transport people from the airport to port in air conditioned style! Hey, everyone, look out the window at all the destruction, but there will be filet at dinner tonight!"

Thanks!!!
We did Costa Maya last year- we were on the Hurricane Matthew cruise so our itenerary was changed then too!
We didn't do an excursion though, did y'all? Any recommendations?

We did a "date day" and left the kids onboard. We snorkeled. It wasn't great. Water was really choppy and not much to see there.

Just heard from DCL regarding the fantasy eastern cruise on 21st October. It is being changed to the western itinerary.

Unlike RC who are offering 50% discount on a future booking when changing a cruise entirely, all they are offering is the standard 10% if you book another on the ship. They are offering to bump the cruise to 2018 without penalty but that is of no help to us, flying in from the UK for it who have already been on the western itinerary last time.

We are still looking forward to it immensely but we won’t sail with DCL again with RC being much cheaper for almost as good standards, and are providing much better compensation when things go wrong rather than passing it all onto the guests.

Unlike RC who are offering 50% discount on a future booking when changing a cruise entirely

As far as I can tell, RCL was offering 50% future cruise credit only for the shortened cruises (4 nights instead of 7). Cancelled cruises got 25%. The revised itineraries (same cruise length) are getting nothing.

That sounds right based on what I saw (below), why only for the shortened cruise I wonder? I would have preferred a shortened cruise and the 50% off future - at least then we could maybe afford to fly back over from the uk next year ($3000 on top of the $5000 we paid for the cruise) and finally get to the Virgin Islands with DCL. No special details for UK or repeat customers I guess. Prob enough US customers to sell the cabins no matter what. I expected more from DCL though. The RC deal below seems more than fair.

Royal Caribbean reports that it is modifying the September 23 sailing of Adventure of the Seas. The ship will now depart Wednesday, September 27, on a three-nightitinerary to Antigua and St. Kitts. Guests who choose to sail will receive a 60 percent refund of the cruise fare in the form of a refundable onboard credit, as well as an additional 50 percent future cruise credit on bookings within the next year. Guests who wish to cancel will receive a 100 percent future cruise credit on bookings within the next year.

That sounds right based on what I saw (below), why only for the shortened cruise I wonder?

I think there was a lot of uncertainty for the shortened cruises with the path of the hurricane. The better offer was to try to get people not to cancel.

I believe Royal has since cancelled both the original 9/23(became 3 night 9/27) and the 9/30 out of San Juan. They are planning on sailing 10/7 out of San Juan allowing passengers to sleep on board on the 6th in case their hotel is not operating. I would not want to fly into San Juan anytime soon. The images from the airport are tragic.

What made you switch if

you don't mind my asking?
I booked the Eastern and paid more for it, when it was looking like it was going to turn into a Western, I switched to a Merrytime cruise. I also have anxiety and the uncertainty was really bothering me.

No way would I fly into San Juan anytime soon. I can't imagine the airport will be up and operational to receive tourists in 10 days.

MJ

Does anyone know when pirate night will be on the nov 4th itinerary? I had palo booked for the 6th which is now Cozumel, so I'm thinking of trying to move it to the 9th (sea day), but I think it's pirate night...

So our cruise is the next proposed Eastern on 11/18.
I still think it will change and not knowing for sure is driving me a little nuts. I'll happily cruise anywhere they take us but don't enjoy the uncertainty
I'm only posting this comment to stop me from saying all of the above to my husband for the 100th time :rolleyes:

Does anyone know when pirate night will be on the nov 4th itinerary? I had palo booked for the 6th which is now Cozumel, so I'm thinking of trying to move it to the 9th (sea day), but I think it's pirate night...

So this isn't scientific but my son had the Pirate's League booked and it was moved to 11/7. I'm wondering if that's because this is now Pirate's Night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter