Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

So our cruise is the next proposed Eastern on 11/18.
I still think it will change and not knowing for sure is driving me a little nuts. I'll happily cruise anywhere they take us but don't enjoy the uncertainty
I'm only posting this comment to stop me from saying all of the above to my husband for the 100th time :rolleyes:

We are on this one as well - I wish we knew what the changes are going to be so I can plan! I've had this cruise (and excursions) planned for a year and a half, so this is killing me!!

When we booked the 10/07 Eastern, it was more expensive than the Western. I understand it's not DCL's fault a hurricane hit and the itinerary had to change. But the new Western itinerary is/was cheaper than the Eastern that we originally booked yet we're being charged the higher Eastern rate. For example, a car dealership is not responsible for hail but if you paid for a Honda and it gets hailed on, the dealership shouldn't then deliver a Toyota at the same price and say they're not responsible for the weather. Has anyone had DCL address this with their reservation?

When we booked the 10/07 Eastern, it was more expensive than the Western. I understand it's not DCL's fault a hurricane hit and the itinerary had to change. But the new Western itinerary is/was cheaper than the Eastern that we originally booked yet we're being charged the higher Eastern rate. For example, a car dealership is not responsible for hail but if you paid for a Honda and it gets hailed on, the dealership shouldn't then deliver a Toyota at the same price and say they're not responsible for the weather. Has anyone had DCL address this with their reservation?

I'm on the 11/4 rescheduled sailing and several people in my FB cruise group have called. Disney will not budge. No refunds, no onboard credits, nada.

So our cruise is the next proposed Eastern on 11/18.
I still think it will change and not knowing for sure is driving me a little nuts. I'll happily cruise anywhere they take us but don't enjoy the uncertainty
I'm only posting this comment to stop me from saying all of the above to my husband for the 100th time :rolleyes:

hahahaha, my DH feels his pain!

Lots of people from our social media cruise group for the 10/7 sailing emailed DCL about this. DCL claims there is no difference in price, which we know to not be true. Lots of screen shots were sent as well as the data pulled showing opening day pricing. No luck on an recourse though. Annoying.

hahahaha, my DH feels his pain!

Lots of people from our social media cruise group for the 10/7 sailing emailed DCL about this. DCL claims there is no difference in price, which we know to not be true. Lots of screen shots were sent as well as the data pulled showing opening day pricing. No luck on an recourse though. Annoying.

DCL may be considering the week of 10/7 to be a "holiday" week and thus higher pricing regardless of the itinerary. It is Columbus Day in the U.S., some schools are closed, other schools have fall break, and it's Canadian Thanksgiving. I don't think pricing can necessarily be compared week-to-week other than to say that DCL pricing is rarely the same on consecutive weeks even with the same itinerary. But I can understand the frustration of feeling your vacation has been turned upside down and wishing to get a bit in return for sticking with it through the change.

Enjoy your cruise!

DCL may be considering the week of 10/7 to be a "holiday" week and thus higher pricing regardless of the itinerary. It is Columbus Day in the U.S., some schools are closed, other schools have fall break, and it's Canadian Thanksgiving. I don't think pricing can necessarily be compared week-to-week other than to say that DCL pricing is rarely the same on consecutive weeks even with the same itinerary. But I can understand the frustration of feeling your vacation has been turned upside down and wishing to get a bit in return for sticking with it through the change.

Enjoy your cruise!
Yes it is higher due to the holiday. We chose this sailing because school was out. However, generally speaking, westerns are a bit less than easterns.
It isn't enough of a difference for me to raise a stink about it though.

For those who were on the 10/7 cruise, can you please tell me what time the excursions opened up for you on the Friday. Some say midnight, some say 6:00 am and others say after lunch on the Friday. It would be nice to be able to zero in on a time for tomorrow when the 10/21 cruisers can book.
Thanks so much!

It's also a bit of a challenge to compare because as categories sell their pricing goes up. So if an Eastern sells faster than a Western its pricing will go up more quickly. Other than opening day, and even then, it's hard to get true pricing differential.

(And it's deliberate on Disney's part.)

Yes. DCL response was that because a third Port is being added to the cruise, no compensation is due to us.

For those who were on the 10/7 cruise, can you please tell me what time the excursions opened up for you on the Friday. Some say midnight, some say 6:00 am and others say after lunch on the Friday. It would be nice to be able to zero in on a time for tomorrow when the 10/21 cruisers can book.
Thanks so much!
Around 6:00 am. Some excursions booked very quickly.

As long as Disney doesn't try to hit me for another port tax as we are now hitting extra port instead of sea day I'm not going to make a big deal of the price difference. Their crazy teir pricing has always confused me anyways...

Enjoy your cruise!
When initially booking the Eastern cruise, it was one of the cheaper sailings in October. I don’t think those days you mentioned are considered “holidays” in the case of this cruise.

As long as Disney doesn't try to hit me for another port tax as we are now hitting extra port instead of sea day I'm not going to make a big deal of the price difference. Their crazy teir pricing has always confused me anyways...
No increase in the cruise price, but this is also the reason for no partial refunds.

I am on that one. It was actually Saturday. I don't know what time as there was nothing I was dying to book. Friday was concierge.

Thanks so much!

Grand Cayman did not offer a Seven Mile Beach excursion. The only beach excursions offered were White House Beach day and Rum Point. I think the White House Beach day became not available early. I think some Sting Ray excursions booked out early but not sure if that was for Cozumel or Grand Cayman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter