Unsuccessful attempt to Pool Hop at Poly..

I don't know the "official" policy but it seems to me to be BAD business to ask your deluxe resort guests to share their deluxe pool with campgrounds guests. Sorry -but that is not how I would run my deluxe hotel...

The literature given at check-in clearly states that the pool at WL is for the exclusive use of guests of WL and VWL. We were at VWL over 4th of July and the pools were so packed I don't see how anyone enjoyed themselves. There were people pool hopping over from FW. I commented about this on the survey I received from Disney and received a call from WDW PR. The lady I spoke with stated that this was absolutely not allowed, that WL management was aware it was a problem and would be trying to address it in the future.

It all matters when your in Disney.I was over at the Poly Pool during the 4th of july and I also wondered into the BC while you need the green band on.I found all kinds of straglers that are not even staying at the Boardwalk was in the pool so why im I going to be limited.They did check one day but why not everyday?That day the pool attendance was cut in half.I seen people that were in the pool tuesday turned away wed.I think all resort pools should have a check point or at least the epcot area because people floating from Epcot and MGM wonder over and fill up the tables and chairs at the pool.I have had families tell me that they are staying outside Disney and do this every trip.
Who knows what's right and wrong!
tiggerguy2000

I'm still confused as to why all of SAB was closed (or was it just the kiddie part). Personally, I don't know why Disney would close the entire pool for an "accident". After the physical clean-up, there is not much more that can be done, so why close down the entire pool for an extended time. On any given day, I wonder how many "little swimmers" have been playing in the water with soiled pull-ups. My guess would be several, and there is no pull-up made that "seals" tight enough to keep E. coli inside.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Seems like an over reaction to me, especially if the water has the proper chemicals.

In the type of incident that happened that day made it required to close the entire pool for the day... The way it works is that the cleaning system for SAB cleans all three pool areas which includes the quiet pool (where the incident happened), the lazy river, and the larger pool area where the slide empties out to. That means that all the water will be filtered in and out to all three pools at the same time so therefore there could be a chance that the fecal matter would go through all three pools. Also, after an incident like this happens the pools must be "shocked" with chemicals which means that a lot of chlorine is put into the pool and guest must wait for the Ph levels to go back down to an acceptable level.

Now, about the leaky pull-ups. Yes there are diapers that seal it all in and infact it is required that all little ones that are not yet potty trained are to wear these water tight diapers. It should also be noted that if you do not have these diapers then you can purchase them at a gift area at the resort.

Originally posted by Chuck S
Well, I'm sorry the CM seemed short to you on the phone, but maybe he/she was extremely busy, it was after all, Labor Day weekend, and I doubt the sole responsibility of this CM was answering the phone for DVCers trying to pool hop. Imagine how many calls they must have been getting if SAB was down.

Nothing against you Chuck, but it seems that more and more in today's society that we have to 'put up' with this sort of 'customer service' or lackthereof.

I work in a customer service environment and in no way is any customer to be treated rudely or in an abrupt manner. If it's your first call or your twentieth call, a telephone customer service agent should not take that tone or be abrupt no matter how busy they are. Without the customer, this person wouldn't have a job.

Now, how to get off of this soapbox.....

Hey Chips-

at the main pool at wilderness lodge, one of the jacuzzis is a hot tub, and one is a tepid tub, it is never hot - that is just the way it is by design. Ft. wilderness isn't supposed to come to wilderness lodge, but it happens a lot. Look at all the bikes parked around there. I can remember before wlv opened there would be people from ft. wilderness swimming at wilderness lodge.

About the original thing at going to the polly. Listen. We aren't big pool hoppers. But here is the thing. If sab was closed the place I would probably go if I really wanted to go swimming that day is to the polly. I'd figure that bwv is too full because sab is closed. So, if I had to travel over to polly, I wouldn't call first. You're thinking, go all the way over there and not call first? No, I wouldn't - if I got there and they gave me grief I'd get on the monorail and go to the grand floriidian. If they gave me grief I'd go to contemporary, then wilderness lodge, then ft. wilderness. The transport between all of those is easy enough I'd just go on over figuring I'd swim somewhere. Now I am only saying that because we can pool hop with dvc. If we couldn't I wouldn't dream of doing it.

Can we pool hop to the dolphin?

Hey Chips I was thinking -

"Wilderness campground does pool hop to Wilderness. The hotel pool has two jacuzzis. When I was there one was not heating properly. We were left with one jacuzzi and a troop from wilderness campground camping out at the jacuzzi.
They said they usually went to the villa jacuzzi but that was down too. After two nights disney fixed the jacuzzis and although the same crowd came to the pool it wasn't a problem because of the additional capacity."

listen. If i had been there and they told me that I would have sent them packing. The whole "we usually use the villa jacuzzi" burns me up even more - I hate saying "I pay dues for this, yada, yada" but dadgummit, I do. I'd have narced on them to a cm in a heart beat, not to ruin somebody else's vacation but because it just isn't OK.

We just pool hopped in July, from OKW to BWV. We didn't think to calland ask....we just walked into the pool area, went into the bthroom near the poola nd changed. Nobody said anything, and the pool was soemwhat, although not extraordinarily, crowded.

The reason we called was not only because the newsletter we were given at the front desk said to call, but we also did not have alot of time to travel from one resort to the other.

Fireworks and Spectro were only being held that Sunday and we were taking a quick break from the parks. Travel time to a Resort that was not going to let us swim and back to the BC would have eaten up the time we had.

Besides, I was trying to show DH the benefits of purchasing DVC and getting kicked out of the pool on our first attempt to pool hop would not bode well with him not to mention the embarrassment and anger of being perceived as pool crashers. Not my idea of a relaxing vacation.

Being BCV owners, the only time I could see us really pool-hopping is if this situation occurred again, or if we were spending some down time at another resort, i.e. kids on Pirate Cruise etc.

The problem I identified with my first attempt at using the pool hopping privilege and other privileges, is that all CM's are not aware of the DVC privileges and omits that benefit. I'd rather be prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter