Unpopular Opinions?

I kind of hate myself for saying this, but I wish DLR would just jack up the ticket price high enough so that it becomes more of a deterrence than it is currently, and also discontinue any sort of discounted/annual pass. It makes me sad that in that situation (or even current prices) that some families can't afford to go - ever - but also DL is miserable when crowded.

Ghost Galaxy is my favorite version of Space Mountain. (I know that's an unpopular opinion!)

I love Goofy's Sky School!

I agree with you about Ghost Galaxy although I never got a chance to experience Rockin' Space Mountain. Space Mountain in Tokyo and Hyperspace Mountain in Hong Kong are so much better visually than Disneyland's version.

I'm meh about Goofy's Sky School.

Churros are horrible, in fact most of the candy and snacks sold at Disneyland at horrible.

Before Covid, Maxpass was not the be all and end all, the free Fastpass system worked just as well

The no alcohol rule at Disneyland park is stupid, I can't wait to return when Blue Bayou will be selling alcohol

Churros are horrible, in fact most of the candy and snacks sold at Disneyland at horrible.

Before Covid, Maxpass was not the be all and end all, the free Fastpass system worked just as well

The no alcohol rule at Disneyland park is stupid, I can't wait to return when Blue Bayou will be selling alcohol

haha most of the food is also horrible for you, which adds to it for me. I think costco churros are superior.

I kind of hate myself for saying this, but I wish DLR would just jack up the ticket price high enough so that it becomes more of a deterrence than it is currently, and also discontinue any sort of discounted/annual pass. It makes me sad that in that situation (or even current prices) that some families can't afford to go - ever - but also DL is miserable when crowded.
I feel the same way so don’t hate yourself. Its true. I had to take a break from this and other sites due to the crying and complaining that LP/AP people are doing because of the lack of love they don’t think they received with the new guidelines. The facts are, things changed for the worse when annual passholders could pay monthly, when the whole system got subdivided and bastardized. I would have scrapped it when I got the chance as well. It wasn’t intended I don’t believe, to become SoCal’s evening mall of America. And before anyone says it, “Yes ending the current AP program, IS what Walt would have wanted.“ Walt was a businessman first. A scrappy, hard nosed businessman.
Now. I’m a Disneyland purest. I don’t go to WDW. personal preference.
I pay for those weird little things called park hopper tickets plus max pass every time. By the time I step foot in the parks I’ve spent over and away more than average joe passholder spent on their pass. I should buy AP I go enough to ‘make it pay” as they so eloquently say. But I don’t. I don’t want the pressure or the blackouts. I want to go when I want to go. Same reason I don’t do vacation clubs. This shouldn’t be your full time job. Be thankful you got what you got for as long as you got it and move the heck on! If you want a ticket to get into what you call your happy place, your personal disney lifestyle oasis, then fight like you are the third monkey getting on the ark like the rest of us. Otherwise, sit and wait for someone to notice how special you are.
and...dont pile on..I do not care. Dont tell me you spend more money than the rest of us, or you are the backbone of the company. Please. Entitlement is me wishing the cost was so high that only I can afford to go. Not waiting for my freebie coupon discount card. Im calling my self entitled here. Make no mistake. If I pay to play, I’m entitled to expect a nice experience not trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Call it what it is. Now, that’s what I call an unpopular opinion. Lol.

Last edited:
I feel the same way so don’t hate yourself. Its true. I had to take a break from this and other sites due to the crying and complaining that LP/AP people are doing because of the lack of love they don’t think they received with the new guidelines. The facts are, things changed for the worse when annual passholders could pay monthly, when the whole system got subdivided and bastardized. I would have scrapped it when I got the chance as well. It wasn’t intended I don’t believe, to become SoCal’s evening mall of America. And before anyone says it, “Yes ending the current AP program, IS what Walt would have wanted.“ Walt was a businessman first. A scrappy, hard nosed businessman.
I pay for those weird little things called park hopper tickets plus max pass every time. By the time I step foot in the parks I’ve spent over and away more than average joe passholder spent on their pass. I should buy AP I go enough to ‘make it pay” as they so eloquently say. But I don’t. I don’t want the pressure or the blackouts. I want to go when I want to go. Same reason I don’t do vacation clubs. This shouldn’t be your full time job. Be thankful you got what you got for as long as you got it and move the heck on! If you want a ticket to get into what you call your happy place, your personal disney lifestyle oasis, then fight like you are the third monkey getting on the ark like the rest of us. Otherwise, sit and wait for someone to notice how special you are.
and...dont pile on..I do not care. Dont tell me you spend more money than the rest of us, or you are the backbone of the company. Please. Entitlement is me wishing the cost was so high that only I can afford to go. Not waiting for my freebie coupon discount card. Call it what it is. Now, that’s what I call an unpopular opinion. Lol.

I agree with everything you just said. People are so entitled (some AP holders, ahem). DL should be a special event IMO. They should figure out the appropriate price that is enough of a deterent for people using it as their local hangout, but still within "reach" for people to save for an annual trip (or whatever) - and it will become a much more special place again. I would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for admission to a park that wasn't crowded. Being stuffed into an overcrowded park with long lines for everything isn't my idea of a "magical" time.

and...dont pile on..I do not care. Dont tell me you spend more money than the rest of us, or you are the backbone of the company. Please. Entitlement is me wishing the cost was so high that only I can afford to go. Not waiting for my freebie coupon discount card. Im calling my self entitled here. Make no mistake. If I pay to play, I’m entitled to expect a nice experience not trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Call it what it is. Now, that’s what I call an unpopular opinion. Lol.

Um, okay.

Disney CREATED the AP problem they had because THEY were greedy. Bottom line. No one told them to sell over a million of them. They added that stupid monthly payment option for the same reason car dealers issue 7 year car loans. They were behaving like sharks and taking advantage of people who really couldn't afford to go there normally.

What they SHOULD do, going forward, is CAP the number of Annual Pass sales and raise the prices across the board to weed out the people who don't spend anything when they get there. Those people are a liability for Disney. They realized too late that don't want those people, but up to this point, they have done nothing but ENCOURAGE that behavior. It's their own fault it got to be the way it was. You can't blame the guests for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter