"UnOfficial" May 2013 planning thread. It's never to early to start planning!

Welcome AvasMommy 526. Sounds like you have a busy trip to plan next May. It also looks like or date over lap a little. Hope to see you at the World.:thumbsup2 I love your plans for ADR's. I will add everyone's ADR's when they are officially booked. :)

Added you dates to the list.:cheer2:

:cheer2: Yay!!
I was hoping to get some opinions from everyone since I've never made ADR,
Prefer Phone in or Online?
I have my calendar marked for my 180 days and I know I can call at 7am when can you make them online?
Thanks everyone!:cool1:

I have my calendar marked for my 180 days and I know I can call at 7am when can you make them online?

You can make them online at your 180 days. I waited until 5 am (7 am EST). Not sure if you can do it earlier.

When I did our September dining ressies (had to cancel trip boooo), I did it online and it was super easy! I prefer online because at 5 am I am not the most chipper sounding and I can't write as fast as they speak lol

I think for certain things like The Pirates League and BBB you have to call to make ressies.

You can make them online at your 180 days. I waited until 5 am (7 am EST). Not sure if you can do it earlier.

When I did our September dining ressies (had to cancel trip boooo), I did it online and it was super easy! I prefer online because at 5 am I am not the most chipper sounding and I can't write as fast as they speak lol

I think for certain things like The Pirates League and BBB you have to call to make ressies.

I read somewhere (not sure if it was reliable, since I don't recall where it was), that you can book ADRs online even earlier than 7AM EST. I want to say it was a thread here ... and the person made their ADRs at 4AM EST. I could be totally off, but I did come away from the post with the statement that online ADRs could be booked earlier than calling in. Again, don't recall where I read it, or if it's even still true ... but I'm totally going to be sitting at my PC all night trying to book my ADRs. :lmao:

And yes, TPL and BBB, as well as all the cruises and special packages (fireworks, etc.) have to be called in. You won't be able to see the ADR# in your WDW page either. :thumbsup2 I've also heard you had to call in to book the F! package, but I've read recently that it can be booked online. Can anyone confirm?

Making dining plans is my favorite part of trip planning! There are so many great places to try!

For me, I am so lost on what is new at the parks. I've heard about JTA, the new FL expansion...and all that but I really don't know anything details. This is the part of trip planning that I need to work at and need to research.

Also does anyone have any experience with traveling with a baby? I would love any tips if anyone has any! :flower3: I plan on wearing a sling, but I know once it gets hot during the later parts of the day, the baby will be in his or her stroller.

Anyways, sorry to be a thread hog, I am just so super excited to start planning! :banana:

Making dining plans is my favorite part of trip planning! There are so many great places to try!

For me, I am so lost on what is new at the parks. I've heard about JTA, the new FL expansion...and all that but I really don't know anything details. This is the part of trip planning that I need to work at and need to research.

Also does anyone have any experience with traveling with a baby? I would love any tips if anyone has any! :flower3: I plan on wearing a sling, but I know once it gets hot during the later parts of the day, the baby will be in his or her stroller.

Anyways, sorry to be a thread hog, I am just so super excited to start planning! :banana:

I can't give you any advice specific in regards to a baby, but our son was 3 1/2 years old the first time we took him and the best thing we did was to keep him on his same schedule. For example, we kept him on his same nap schedule and we kept him on his same eating schedule. That helped him stay happy the entire day.

Add me to the list...

WHEN: May 1 - May 10, 2013

WHERE: POR

WHO: My Mom (62), Daughter (4.5), and Me (38)
**ages at time of the trip**

Welcome to the thread nvsnot. Yea another trip for May.:thumbsup2

Added you to the list.

I have only done the ADR's online. But than again I have never been able to make reservation so far in advance before. Both of my las trips were booked after the 180 day mark. I can't wait for the 180 day mark for this trip so I can make those ADR's.:woohoo:

Sounds like a good reason to make online to me. I couldn't imagine calling someone so early in the morning. I am not a morning person and tend to get agrivated when it's that early when things are not going my way.:lmao:

I read somewhere (not sure if it was reliable, since I don't recall where it was), that you can book ADRs online even earlier than 7AM EST. I want to say it was a thread here ... and the person made their ADRs at 4AM EST. I could be totally off, but I did come away from the post with the statement that online ADRs could be booked earlier than calling in. Again, don't recall where I read it, or if it's even still true ... but I'm totally going to be sitting at my PC all night trying to book my ADRs. :lmao:

And yes, TPL and BBB, as well as all the cruises and special packages (fireworks, etc.) have to be called in. You won't be able to see the ADR# in your WDW page either. :thumbsup2 I've also heard you had to call in to book the F! package, but I've read recently that it can be booked online. Can anyone confirm?

Good to know Liddy. You really do your research don't you.:thumbsup2 As for F! Package, I did this package for both of my last trips and was able to book them both on line.:thumbsup2

Sorry I don't really have any advice for a baby as well but I agree to keep he/she on a schedual as much as possible. I have taken a baby to Six Flags and had no problems. I would make sure to get a fan for the stroller and make sure to use the baby swap program at the parks. :thumbsup2

Ok I just want to come clean. I screwed up and I feel bad about it. I honestly looked to see if there was another May 2013 planning thread and did not see one so I started this one. Well, somehow I missed it. I know it isn't a big screw up and the more threads the better, but I just don't want anyone to get mad at me. I changed the title a little so there isn't any bad feelings.

Here is the link to the other thread if you want to check it out.:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820611

Thank you!! I agree that online is probably easiest, I guess I was just worried about everything going thru, lol. Don't wanna mess with our dinners!! :rotfl:
Plus my 180 mark is Black Friday so I am sure I will be up bright and early that day anyways! Online shopping and ADR woo hooooo! :woohoo:

Thank you!! I thought I read something like that too, I guess I will just get up in the middle of the night and hope its time! :goodvibes
I'm sure I'm having a brain freeze but what is a F! package?
I'm hoping Be Our Guest also! Anyone hear any news on this?

I haven't traveled to Disney with my little one, she will be turning 2 while we are there, but last summer we took her to another theme park, camping and to Vermont for a fall weekend getaway and she did great! She was between 3-5 mths at these trips. She loves being outdoors and taking everything in. We let her nap when she was tired and we alternated between the sling and stroller and when she needed to nurse we went somewhere cool and relaxed, she slept in the pack and play, at that age she wasn't really on too much of a set schedule so we kinda went with the flow. I truly don't think we had any problems and i think Disney will have so much for a baby to look around at!! I'm sure you will have a great trip, so exciting! :yay:

Thank you!! I thought I read something like that too, I guess I will just get up in the middle of the night and hope its time! :goodvibes
I'm sure I'm having a brain freeze but what is a F! package?
I'm hoping Be Our Guest also! Anyone hear any news on this?

I'll probably start early and check back once an hour or something. Some of my ADRs will be pretty rough to score ... but others I'm not as concerned about. So I'll just focus on the hard-to-get ones first, then snag whatever later when it's not sleeping-hours. :lmao:

F! package is Fantasmic! at DHS. :thumbsup2 They have a package you can book where you dine at a select restaurant and order from a select menu and you get a pass to sit in the "reserved seating" area at that night's first F! showing. The only thing is they open it up to the public X amount of time before the show starts, so if you don't arrive early, you may not get to sit in the section. I think they request you arrive at least 30 minutes with your pass.

Last I heard about BOG was it was slated to open for the "holiday season" this year. But no confirmations on what they deem is "holiday season". It could be as early as October or as late as the end of December. Who knows. And even with that, there still isn't word on when they'll open up BOG for ADRs. I know it will run some time as just a walk-up restaurant. It could be a day, a week, or months. Disney has been very secretive about this place ... so hope it's worth it in the end! :goodvibes

I'll probably start early and check back once an hour or something. Some of my ADRs will be pretty rough to score ... but others I'm not as concerned about. So I'll just focus on the hard-to-get ones first, then snag whatever later when it's not sleeping-hours. :lmao:

F! package is Fantasmic! at DHS. :thumbsup2 They have a package you can book where you dine at a select restaurant and order from a select menu and you get a pass to sit in the "reserved seating" area at that night's first F! showing. The only thing is they open it up to the public X amount of time before the show starts, so if you don't arrive early, you may not get to sit in the section. I think they request you arrive at least 30 minutes with your pass.

Last I heard about BOG was it was slated to open for the "holiday season" this year. But no confirmations on what they deem is "holiday season". It could be as early as October or as late as the end of December. Who knows. And even with that, there still isn't word on when they'll open up BOG for ADRs. I know it will run some time as just a walk-up restaurant. It could be a day, a week, or months. Disney has been very secretive about this place ... so hope it's worth it in the end! :goodvibes

Very good to know, thank you again!! :)
I am only worried about one of my ADR and that's Chef Mickeys because I need it for about 20 adults and 10 kids!! Thats all our family and friends coming in for the wedding the next day and we wanted to get everyone together for DD bday breakfast! Oh my I'm nervous! :scared:

I did hear about the F! Package, thanks for the info, we were thinking of doing this one night when we eat at Sci-Fi, little family tradition with my brothers!

And I agree about BOG, I have only heard things thru Dis and I was hoping to get in there on our trip, so I guess I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for that and for FD! :cool1:

I am only worried about one of my ADR and that's Chef Mickeys because I need it for about 20 adults and 10 kids!! Thats all our family and friends coming in for the wedding the next day and we wanted to get everyone together for DD bday breakfast! Oh my I'm nervous! :scared:

I did hear about the F! Package, thanks for the info, we were thinking of doing this one night when we eat at Sci-Fi, little family tradition with my brothers!

And I agree about BOG, I have only heard things thru Dis and I was hoping to get in there on our trip, so I guess I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for that and for FD! :cool1:

The F! Package is currently only available for Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose. You are able do either lunch or Dinner for the package and there is only a certain amount of packages available. I have done the package this last March and last May at Mama Melrose. I was able to order anything off of the regular Menu but also had to order a appitizer. It would cost a little more if you are paying OOP, but it ends up being an extra treat if you are on the dinning Plan (the DDP covers everything but the tip). The seats are the last two section to the right of the theatre and they want you to get there about 45 minutes before the show. (I got there about 30 minutes before the show and got in the first couple of rows. As Lidian stated, if there are two shows that night it is only good for the first show which often is the more crowded show. :goodvibes

Wow! 20 for CMs? Yeah, you need to JUMP on that and cross your fingers. :scared:

I don't know how many seats I'll be booking, but we'll do CM for dinner one night ... so I want to make sure I definitely get that. I got soooo lucky for our March trip and snagged a cancellation. Just keep in mind that if you have issues booking that large of a party online, be ready to call as soon as the phone lines open! :thumbsup2

The F! Package is currently only available for Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose. You are able do either lunch or Dinner for the package and there is only a certain amount of packages available. I have done the package this last March and last May at Mama Melrose. I was able to order anything off of the regular Menu but also had to order a appitizer. It would cost a little more if you are paying OOP, but it ends up being an extra treat if you are on the dinning Plan (the DDP covers everything but the tip). The seats are the last two section to the right of the theatre and they want you to get there about 45 minutes before the show. (I got there about 30 minutes before the show and got in the first couple of rows. As Lidian stated, if there are two shows that night it is only good for the first show which often is the more crowded show. :goodvibes

Thanks for clarification. I thought it was from a preset menu ... at least that's what I read. :confused3

Oh I didn't know it was just for them! Thanks for that information, I would've expected my priority seating :lmao: And we were gonna try Hollywood and Vine for breakfast because DD loves Little Einsteins!! Maybe we will check out MM, I've been hearing some good things about there!!

Wow! 20 for CMs? Yeah, you need to JUMP on that and cross your fingers. :scared:

I don't know how many seats I'll be booking, but we'll do CM for dinner one night ... so I want to make sure I definitely get that. I got soooo lucky for our March trip and snagged a cancellation. Just keep in mind that if you have issues booking that large of a party online, be ready to call as soon as the phone lines open! :thumbsup2
I am very scared :eek: and there's 10 children on top of that so I don't know if we can, I'm thinking maybe I can get half in and have my moms reservation number and do the other half, I'm definitely going to call that one in at 7am sharp and pray!

Did you find that the Fantasmic package would have been necessary when you went in May? I'm just debating whether we should do it or not....

May 5-11 WL

WL for a week. DDXDp.

already got weeks approved for both of us.......

30th anniversary
DD college graduation trip

May 25-June 2.

We are not sure of the resort yet. Either CBR or POP. Can't wait for prices to be released to book. :cool1:

Did you find that the Fantasmic package would have been necessary when you went in May? I'm just debating whether we should do it or not....

It really depends on a lot of diffrent aspects. How big is your party, how many shows are planned that day, and if you mind standing in line for a while to get some seats are some of the things you need to think of.

It seems as if no matter how crowded (or uncrowded) the park is, this show does tend to ger pretty full. I have heard it is better now that they are doing shows everyday and sometimes twice a day.

Of course a family of 2 has alot easier time to find a pair of seats than a family of four or more when it starts getting crowded. Plus at a certain time they let people sit in the section reserved for the F! Package. (that is why you shouldn't arrive 5 minutes before the show and expect a seat because you did the package.)

Of course if there are two shows and you can stay up longer than I would reccomend going to the second show which is historically smaller.

That being said if you don't want to get in line up to 2 hours before the show than F! Package is great. Some people complain about the seats, but the only time I had a problem with them is when the boats with the characters came out. You still have to get there early, but I have got there about 30 minutes before the show and go close seats both times.

When I went last May with my DS if was already really crowded when we got to the show about 30 before it started. At the time I was very glad to get a seat and not have to wait in a crowd before the doors opend (my son has CFR so that is not an option.) Honestly if you are on the DDP, were planning on eating lunch/dinner at one of these places, and you find a F! available for the resteraunt than I would snag it. Once you are in the theatre you can sit anywhere you want but are safe (as long as you get there in time) to have a seat if the others are filled. But if none of the three are on you list of places to eat than I wouldn't stress about booking an F! Package just to get a seat. With some planning you should be fine.

Plus I think it is kind of cool that you get an appitizer that is covered under the DDP. The tomato and mozzerella appitizer at MM was yummmy!!

Sorry so long winded, I hope it help.:thumbsup2

I also want to remind anyone who is thinking about doing the F! package that just because you booked at a resteraunt that does the F! Package does not mean that you have the F! Package. You have to book the resteraunt specifically for the F! Package. When I was there in May I heard a woman complain to a server that she was supposed to get a ticket to go see F!

May 5-? WL for a week. DDXDp.

already got weeks approved for both of us.......

30th anniversary
DD college graduation trip

Welcome cwt580. The DDXDP? I can't wait to hear where you plan to do your ADR's.:goodvibes

I add you to the list.:thumbsup2

May 25-June 2.

We are not sure of the resort yet. Either CBR or POP. Can't wait for prices to be released to book. :cool1:

Welcome cmdmom. Looks like we we be there about the same time. I know what you mean, I keep checking everyday to see if the packages have been released yet. I just want Disney to take my money. Is that to much to ask?:confused3 Pop is also on my short list of places to book.

Added you to the list.:thumbsup2

We will be going back next year. Planning for May 25-June2. Hopefully staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have been twice before in May and I love that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter