Unable to cancel DVC booking on website

Seattle Rags

Earning My Ears
I have a DVC trip scheduled for October that I decided to cancel but when I attempt to cancel online, it takes me to a screen that says:

We're Working on It
This page is temporarily unavailable
Rest assured, we'll be back soon, so please try again later.

Its been like this for a few days and I have tried from different devices. Is Disney making members call to cancel?

No. Standard advice is to try clearing cache & cookies, a different browser or a different device. Some have had luck with the back button.

The servers are overloaded, especially first thing in the morning when lots are trying to book something (reservations, ADRs, FPs etc.). You can also try different times of the day.

Many have had luck with chat. If cancelling isn't urgent, you could also send an email - use the contact us tab on the Member's website.

Good luck!

I just canceled an October night when what wanted elsewhere was available. So I agree, try to clear things.

No. Standard advice is to try clearing cache & cookies, a different browser or a different device. Some have had luck with the back button.

The servers are overloaded, especially first thing in the morning when lots are trying to book something (reservations, ADRs, FPs etc.). You can also try different times of the day.

Many have had luck with chat. If cancelling isn't urgent, you could also send an email - use the contact us tab on the Member's website.

Good luck!
I tried several more times without success so I sent an email as you suggested.

VGC?

If so, modify the reservation to add your email in and go thru and finalize. Once you do that you'll be able to cancel online.

I just cancelled a night in June because our fantasy cruise cancelled yesterday. It was at Riveria. I did it online without a problem from my iPad using safari.

I've had that problem only with VGC. Most of the time I've also been unable to modify the VGC reservation.

I've had that problem only with VGC. Most of the time I've also been unable to modify the VGC reservation.

I've always been able to modify and get the email put back in. I haven't been able to cancel VGC without doing the modification though in well over a year.

I've always been able to modify and get the email put back in. I haven't been able to cancel VGC without doing the modification though in well over a year.

I've tried to tell Member Services that on repeated occasions and they talk to me as if I'm crazy or making it up. I am so glad to hear someone else has the same problem even if it's just trying to cancel a VGC reservation and only a VGC reservation. One person I spoke to said she had heard there is some issue with the interface between the California resort and the rest of them. I thought maybe it was just DVC's way of asking, "Are you crazy for canceling a VGC reservation?"

I've tried to tell Member Services that on repeated occasions and they talk to me as if I'm crazy or making it up. I am so glad to hear someone else has the same problem even if it's just trying to cancel a VGC reservation and only a VGC reservation. One person I spoke to said she had heard there is some issue with the interface between the California resort and the rest of them. I thought maybe it was just DVC's way of asking, "Are you crazy for canceling a VGC reservation?"

As I replied about it I figured it might sounds a little crazy that someone would cancel a VGC reservation and do it enough to know that this isn't a one time blip but that it consistently happens! :laughing: Every time someone asks about it I remember that I planned to at least write DVC about it but then forget until it comes up again. I'd think that IT ought to know about it since it's been going on for awhile but as it goes on and on maybe not. Sounds like MS doesn't.

VGC?

If so, modify the reservation to add your email in and go thru and finalize. Once you do that you'll be able to cancel online.

DIS never fails me! I had to rely on this post to cancel my VGC reservation today and save myself a second MS phone call (granted their wait time was 10mins today).

Just chiming in with my thanks for this thread. We needed to cancel our VGC reservation, kept getting the "we're working on it" error for 2 days, so came here and did a search and found the answer! Adding the email back to the main guest fixed it. Thanks!

I have recently read someone had an issue with an Aulani one and the email trick worked for that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter