*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

Hi all, Thanks so much for all the connections, discussions, hang-outs.... it was awesome! I'm very sorry my usual planning prowess utterly failed with the meetup plan at 9pm. I didn't even know Pizza Rizzo had two floors, but I should have done a better job with being specific. We also wouldn't have had enough time, with the opening of the land. If there is a next time, lesson learned!

I really enjoyed the chats tonight. I am so lucky to have gotten to know better the folks I've met over the expo weekend, and those that I got to see again from the prior DIS meets. Thank you so much!

I'm going to head to the parks tomorrow, and since we don't have any sign-ups for Sunday Tiki Terrace, I'll pull that from the event list. I'm around till Tuesday, and plan to watch the Epcot fireworks Sun night and/or Mon night. (EDIT: Sunday, I start at MK and will be wearing a Tiana shirt. (super casual). Park hop to Epcot at some point. (Also possible it will be too crowded and I'll be at hotel!)

Oodles of hugs and Gratitude!!

Last edited:
Tigerette I may see you at MK. That is our park today before we head home this afternoon.
I will be all Stitch today with a hat with his ears and a stitch backpack along with riding the scooter!

This whole event has been wonderful. Thank you Dis and GKTW!

This weekend has been spectacular! We are ranking it as one of our best trips to WDW. It has been our first DIS event and we are looking forward to more in the future!

We are at Epcot today. I will be solo later this afternoon and want to watch Epcot Forever tonight. We are staying at the Poly so might be at the Terrace later after getting back from the park.

This weekend has been spectacular! We are ranking it as one of our best trips to WDW. It has been our first DIS event and we are looking forward to more in the future!

We are at Epcot today. I will be solo later this afternoon and want to watch Epcot Forever tonight. We are staying at the Poly so might be at the Terrace later after getting back from the park.
Awesome! I'm also going to watch the Epcot fireworks tonight... I'll be heading over this evening after family zoom call. If I'm still awake, I'll pop over to Poly to see if y'all are on the Terrace, but no worries if The Magic takes you elsewhere. :D

EDIT: I just noticed the Epocot fireworks are at 10 tonight, so I need to see when the monorail ends. It may be too late to do fireworks at Epcot +Tiki Terrace, I may not be able to get back to BLT.

Last edited:

Awesome! I'm also going to watch the Epcot fireworks tonight... I'll be heading over this evening after family zoom call. If I'm still awake, I'll pop over to Poly to see if y'all are on the Terrace, but no worries if The Magic takes you elsewhere. :D

EDIT: I just noticed the Epocot fireworks are at 10 tonight, so I need to see when the monorail ends. It may be too late to do fireworks at Epcot +Tiki Terrace, I may not be able to get back to BLT.

Yeah, fireworks are a little later than I thought they would be. We are probably going to turn in after getting back to the resort after the fireworks. While this weekend has been wonderful, we are tired and need to pack to leave tomorrow. I'm down on the patio near the water, behind the UK fish and chips shop(to the right). This spot was recommended by a cast member so we will give it a try.

How many of us are COMPLETELY exhausted? I know I am. And I had to drive home in typical I4 traffic. But I had a great time, seeing and connecting with many friends I met 2 years ago. A BIG THANK YOU goes to TIggerette for taking over this thread when I had to drop it because I didn't know when I was having my hip surgery. Girl, you did excellent with it, Max Rebo would be proud of you too.

And Steve Amos and everyone from GKTW, thank you for an outstanding event.

Did they anounce the winners of the raffles? How much did the auction make? I did hear that all but 2 items sold.

Yeah, fireworks are a little later than I thought they would be. We are probably going to turn in after getting back to the resort after the fireworks. While this weekend has been wonderful, we are tired and need to pack to leave tomorrow. I'm down on the patio near the water, behind the UK fish and chips shop(to the right). This spot was recommended by a cast member so we will give it a try.
i’m at brazier 10 in front of Japan with line of sight to the taco barges and ‘cotgate. do you have line of sight with the floatillas and is there here room by you for 1?

Safe travels to everyone whenever you head home. We have a 2:30 flight tomorrow. Then we’ll be hitting the road to drive back on 9/27 and arriving on 9/28 for the 50th. Staying until 10/9. Will any of you be here?

i’m at brazier 10 in front of Japan with line of sight to the taco barges and ‘cotgate. do you have line of sight with the floatillas and is there here room by you for 1?
Yes, come on over! The crowd is light down here and there is a nice breeze.

on my way. wearing orange palm dress and tigger ears.orange bird backpack i’m a little night blind... so you might see me wandering cluelessly hehe

Safe travels to everyone whenever you head home. We have a 2:30 flight tomorrow. Then we’ll be hitting the road to drive back on 9/27 and arriving on 9/28 for the 50th. Staying until 10/9. Will any of you be here?
I wish I was. Will be back in January for our next trip. Safe travels❤️

Y'all, the spot that EE_Mom scoped out was EPIC! Thank you so much for sharing. It was a great time, and amazing experience. Thank you!

How was boo bash?
Well..... I really really enjoyed the company! I bought the ticket because I figured that might be my only day in park. I didn't find the crowds light at all in the first hour of the party- by the final hour... yes, the crowds were more to my preference or subjective amount of "light"/ "low capacity". A few high-demand rides went down, but came back up. Not a lot of folks in costume, but those that did were in The Spirit. If you want candy, that was plentiful. I learned I like strawberry bars. I also think you can stock up on a case of water if you bring a wagon "for the kids!" ;) hehehe! Cast Members Boo-tastic as always!

How was boo bash?

Something IMHO, I think we should remember when we complain about ticket prices and pricing in general at Disney is that events like Boo Bash or Very Merry become priceless when we do them with friends we haven't seen in a while. I'm not saying it justifies the increases but I never thought I would do anything Halloween again and I went to Boo Bash with some pretty special people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter