*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleC

Trans Disney Girl

Hello everyone! We've done this for past events and thought it would be good to have one this time as well (based on some chatter I have already seen there is some interest in *un*official events as well!)​

1st Post:
This first post will be used for tracking "official *un*official" information - so details of unofficial meetups when set, along with the official events all tracked together.

2nd Post:
Next, we will keep track of who is staying where (if you are willing to share) - this gives a good idea of who will be there, and for what dates - can help if you want to find someone at your resort to meet up with and potentially help with transportation back after the party - we can use this post for "carpool" information as well

3rd Post:
Lastly, this will be used for tracking ideas for events - this can be the idea for the event itself (Karaoke, "bucket crawl", breakfast, morning run, etc.) or for the type of event you are looking for (looking for bar friends, looking for non-bar friends, looking for family friendly events, etc.). We found the later to be really useful in the past, especially for solo travelers or those new to the meetups, etc.

Feel free to post any info or ideas right in this thread or send me a message if you prefer!

Let the planning begin!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Schedule

Notes:
  • See the Official Official thread at https://gktw.org/disfam/ for detail on booking rooms, signing up for the event and purchasing tickets to the party in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Purchase Tickets Here
  • The below schedule will include Official and *Un*Official events. Official events will have the title in Blue, *Un*Official ones will have the title in Green.
  • For each *Un*Official event we will have at least one "owner" who will be the point of contact - particularly once everyone is onsite. If that event requires pre-payment (e.g., Hoop Dee Doo) that owner will organize payment (via Paypal or whatever)
Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Friday, March 26, 2021

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Time to be Announced - Live Dis Unplugged Podcast Recording - Disney's Contemporary Resort

Last edited:

Don't have lodging secured yet- need to figure out point allotment once Aulani opening date is set.

I'd like to do meets-up that will be outdoors and with masks. I am anticipating Covid19 still spreading in early 2021, but hopefully I'll be wrong! Because of this I won't plan on doing much indoors, though I'd love to say "hello" wherever possible.

For example, could we do a mini-golf round robin? We had a NE DISmeet at a mini-golf event once. That event could be outdoors with some adequate physical distancing. Similarly, walking/ECVing the loop at OKW, or an outdoors walk.

I'd also be happy to lead an outdoor event at dawn, depending on where I'm staying. Seeing the sunrise at a picturesque location, etc. Tai Chi, Morning Jog, Contemplation, Croissant 'n Chat... all good morning events for the larks among us.

Don't have lodging secured yet- need to figure out point allotment once Aulani opening date is set.

I'd like to do meets-up that will be outdoors and with masks. I am anticipating Covid19 still spreading in early 2021, but hopefully I'll be wrong! Because of this I won't plan on doing much indoors, though I'd love to say "hello" wherever possible.

For example, could we do a mini-golf round robin? We had a NE DISmeet at a mini-golf event once. That event could be outdoors with some adequate physical distancing. Similarly, walking/ECVing the loop at OKW, or an outdoors walk.

I'd also be happy to lead an outdoor event at dawn, depending on where I'm staying. Seeing the sunrise at a picturesque location, etc. Tai Chi, Morning Jog, Contemplation, Croissant 'n Chat... all good morning events for the larks among us.

At dawn? Hmmm, you must be a youngin'

Just realized I gave the wrong dates for our BLT stay. It should be the 25th-27th. Please correct it in the 2nd post @DanielleC
Thanks!

Hi there! We just bought tickets and will be staying at The Swan Dolphin (yay Marriott points). We are only coming 3/25-3/28. We will monitor the COVID situation though. I would hate to lose $800+ but we do want to be safe. My birthday is the same day as the Star Wars party! Looking forward to it!

At dawn? Hmmm, you must be a youngin'
Heh Heh! I don't know about that, but I am definitely not a night owl. The sun goes down and I'm ready for bed. (Hence the necessary mid-day nap in order to be awake at the Galaxy's Edge event Sat. night/morning.)

I've really been enjoying morning runs at dawn- the way the light interplays with the clouds are just stunning. I love it. Over the course of 40 seconds the whole sky can change. The power of just two minutes is profound. Plus, there's more wildlife out at that time of day. I like to play "wildlife safari" to see what comes across my path. Plus, I get an early start to my morning "to-do's" for work or home chores. :cutie:

Definitely a ton of outside options! While not for everyone, a morning seems nice - maybe even like a still around the monorail loop assuming the GF walkway is fully done by then?

Could also do something at DS or a scavenger hunt some place

Ok, so some serious FOMO has been kicking in and we really could use something to look forward to (virtual school is going *that* good), that we are now planning to come down during the event

Still not positive we will get tickets for the actual event (just not comfortable booking something for that much money that is non-refundable) but looking at different options for where to stay (that are refundable)

My kids have their spring break the week after so we are actually thinking of booking a house/airBnB for like 2 weeks and doing virtual work/school from down there and then fun stuff in the evenings the first week and then really hitting the parks the second

Also thinking of spending some time at Universal as that new coaster is really intriguing me ... I haven't been since 2000, anything new since then? ;)

I'll update you when we have more concrete plans but for now out plans are somewhere off-site from March 21 - April 3rd

Last edited:
Ok, so some serious FOMO has been kicking in and we really could use something to look forward to (virtual school is going *that* good), that we are now planning to come down during the event

Still not positive we will get to Mets for the actual event (just not comfortable booking something for that much money that is non-refundable) but looking at different options for where to stay (that are refundable)

My kids have their spring break the week after so we are actually thinking of booking a house/airBnB for like 2 weeks and doing virtual work/school from down there and then fun stuff in the evenings the first week and then really hitting the parks the second

Also thinking of spending some time at Universal as that new coaster is really intriguing me ... I haven't been since 2000, anything new since then? ;)

I'll update you when we have more concrete plans but for now out plans are somewhere off-site from March 21 - April 3rd

Did someone say "Mets"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter